Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bullroarer View Post
    My point about Ted Cruz is that he sucks at working with people. Pointing out that Obama sucks at working with people doesn't make my comment about Cruz any less true.

You want to know who's great at sausage-making? Harry Reid. He has all the charisma of a fish but he knows how to get back room deals done. Cruz is all flash and he'll never get deals done, so he's useless to you in practical terms. But that's okay as far as you're concerned because he irritates the establishment politicians you hate. So hey, as long as you want a gadfly who does nothing to advance your agenda, then by all means, Ted Cruz is your man.
    Harry Reid is a liar IMO, and is good at getting Republicans to look like fools through deception. Not exactly the qualities I look for in a leader. It's the backroom deals a lot of us are worried about. I'd rather have a guy like Cruz running around gumming up Washington and spout off issues that the American people care about than having a successful scumbag who is good at getting things done. The way things are going we need someone to harass the establishment. The Republicans don't have enough influence to get things done and the libs are not going to compromise on much. Cruz is keeping us hoping that we'll return to sane principles one day and he's pretty entertaining.

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    Harry Reid is a liar IMO, and is good at getting Republicans to look like fools through deception. Not exactly the qualities I look for in a leader. It's the backroom deals a lot of us are worried about. I'd rather have a guy like Cruz running around gumming up Washington and spout off issues that the American people care about than having a successful scumbag who is good at getting things done. The way things are going we need someone to harass the establishment. The Republicans don't have enough influence to get things done and the libs are not going to compromise on much. Cruz is keeping us hoping that we'll return to sane principles one day and he's pretty entertaining.
    You know what will happen? The libs will use the subsequent government shutdown to demonize him and the GOP. The people don't want their lives inconvenienced. So, let them enjoy the consequences of Obamacare, which they had the chance to repeal but chose not to. In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve. If they want to elect democrats, they should bear the consequences the same way the CA voters are bearing now.

Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Reid doesn't have to get the republicans to look like fools. They are doing a good job all by themselves.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Timmy96 View Post
    Reid doesn't have to get the republicans to look like fools. They are doing a good job all by themselves.
    This is true.

It's pretty funny how the Tea Partiers basically ruined the conservative agenda.

We don't even need to mention the religious aspects.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

♚Elected President - R/P♚ BEATINGU's Avatar
    BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tekkendo View Post
    You know what will happen? The libs will use the subsequent government shutdown to demonize him and the GOP. The people don't want their lives inconvenienced. So, let them enjoy the consequences of Obamacare, which they had the chance to repeal but chose not to. In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve. If they want to elect democrats, they should bear the consequences the same way the CA voters are bearing now.
    The GOP did their job. We passed a bill that would allow the government to keep functioning.

It's up to Obama and the Democrats. They have the choice to accept the bill or allow the government to shut-down.

The liberals need to compromise.
    (●•̃)
    /█\
    .Π.
    <3 Gif_Brah + Skeptical_Hippo

❤♚ Conservative Crew ♚❤

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
    ┊  ┊  ┊  ★
    ┊  ┊  ☆
    ┊  ★

Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Timmy96 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    This is true.

It's pretty funny how the Tea Partiers basically ruined the conservative agenda.

We don't even need to mention the religious aspects.
    Very true. Thanks.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BEATINGU View Post
    The GOP did their job. We passed a bill that would allow the government to keep functioning.

It's up to Obama and the Democrats. They have the choice to accept the bill or allow the government to shut-down.

This is a joke; but what if the Democrats sent it back with 100% guns being banned (through constitutional amendment) and churches losing 501c status; but also defunded PPACA?

I don't do limits.

Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like I said, you guys like him because he pisses off establishment politicians you don't like. Otherwise, he's worthless.

I don't know that Reid makes the Republicans look like fools, they can do that easily enough by themselves. Besides, any making the other side look like a fool is part of politics, that's how you do it. Back room deals are the name of the game, always have been since the dawn of time. If you ain't getting invited to the back room, you can't make no deals. Teddy boy ain't getting into the back room.

StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like I said, you guys like him because he pisses off establishment politicians you don't like. Otherwise, he's worthless.

I don't know that Reid makes the Republicans look like fools, they can do that easily enough by themselves. Besides, any making the other side look like a fool is part of politics, that's how you do it. Back room deals are the name of the game, always have been since the dawn of time. If you ain't getting invited to the back room, you can't make no deals. Teddy boy ain't getting into the back room.
    Therein lies the problem: “And on Obamacare, I’ve said, from the start, that if typical Washington rules apply, we can’t win this fight,” he explains. “If the forums in which we make this case consist of the smoke-filled rooms of Washington, the votes aren’t there. The only way this fight will be won is if the American people rise up and hold our elected officials accountable.” - Ted Cruz

Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bullroarer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StabMastaArson View Post
    Therein lies the problem: “And on Obamacare, I’ve said, from the start, that if typical Washington rules apply, we can’t win this fight,” he explains. “If the forums in which we make this case consist of the smoke-filled rooms of Washington, the votes aren’t there. The only way this fight will be won is if the American people rise up and hold our elected officials accountable.” - Ted Cruz
    Good, I hope Cruz is right, since I'm all for Obamacare. Maybe that's why Cruz is playing the splashy headline grabber right now, he knows he'll never have any real clout considering how he operates.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The House has now voted more than 40 times to end Obamacare, and their efforts never make it past the Senate. They are beyond psychotic.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Libs haven't and don't compromise, especially Obama. Not willingly anyways, when they do they end up getting mostly what they want unless the Republicans have the numbers to out vote them or the public support is overwhelming. Ted Cruz represents what a lot of republicans want to see in their candidates.

Honestly, I think a lot of republicans feel like giving up sometimes. We get the same old things out of Washington. Then a guy like Cruz comes along and starts saying the things we all believe.

In a recent interview Ted Cruz, Texan candidate for U.S. Senate, discussed his views on compromise:

“My view on compromise is the same as Ronald Reagan’s. Reagan used to say, “if they offer you half a loaf, what do you do?” And his answer was, “you take half a loaf and then you come back for more.” I’m interested in moving the cause of liberty forward. So if we are advancing in a positive way, if we are shrinking the size of the federal government, if we are moving towards fundamental tax reforms, simplifying the tax code, moving towards a low uniform rate towards everyone, then I’m willing to compromise and accept less than 100% if we are moving forward. Now I intend to come back and keeping getting it, but I want to affirmatively move the ball forward. The problem is some of the Republicans in Washington compromise, moving backwards.

Let me give you an example, the last fight over the debt ceiling and the next fight that’s coming, I was one of the first proponents in the country to support Cut, Cap and Balance. Now in my view, Cut, Cap and Balance is a compromise. My ideal position is not to raise a penny of the debt limit, period – the end. It is a compromise to say, we can raise it if we make the serious structural changes it will take to fix the problem. Cut the budget, real cut, not phantom cuts that Washington people like. Cap, put in serious enforceable budget cuts, and most importantly, balance. Pass, not introduce, which is the Washington wiggle worm word, but actually pass a strong BBA that requires a balanced budget, requires a super majority to raise taxes and limits federal government spending to a percentage of GDP. That’s an example of a compromise. It is less than what I think the perfect outcome would be, but it is a significant enough move in the direction of liberty that I would be willing to accept that.

Part of the problem is you have so many people in Washington that are not focused on the goal of advancing of liberty that they don’t make any distinction between moving forward and moving backwards. There is no virtue in compromise if you make things worse. An analogy I often use, if you agree that the threat to our nation, to our liberty is dire, the answer is not to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, the answer is to turn the ship around. So I’m not interested in compromise that doesn’t solve the problem, but I will accept less than 100% of everything I want if we are moving in a strong, positive direction in a way that advances liberty.

StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000) StabMastaArson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good, I hope Cruz is right, since I'm all for Obamacare. Maybe that's why Cruz is playing the splashy headline grabber right now, he knows he'll never have any real clout considering how he operates.
    Until the go-along-to-get-along types are primaried, that is. The Graham's and McConnell's are on their way out, and reinforcements like Cruz/Lee will be bolstering the ranks.

It may not happen in an election cycle or 2, but sooner or later we'll successfully accomplish what the Dems have done - ousting everyone who isn't a doctrinaire conservative from positions of power within the party. The same way there are no more Zell Miller's in the Dem party, soon will come a day when there are no more McCain's in ours.

BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BEATINGU has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a joke; but what if the Democrats sent it back with 100% guns being banned (through constitutional amendment) and churches losing 501c status; but also defunded PPACA?
    I don't think you understand how Congress works (which isn't surprising considering you're a liberal)

The Constitution specifically mandates that all revenue measures must originate in the House. We aren't talking about some type of specific legislation, we're talking about a spending plan. The House did their job, they passed through what they needed to pass through. The Democrats now have a choice on whether or not they want to accept the reasonable measure proposed, or they can choose to shut down the government. It's their call. Hopefully they do the responsible thing and keep the government functioning. The liberals can't expect to get EVERYTHING they want. In-fact, they should realize the majority of Americans disapprove of Obamacare, and they should listen.

Side note: Approval of a Constitutional Amendment requires the acceptance of 2/3's of Congress and 3/4 of the States. Good luck on your gutting the Second Amendment goals.
    (●•̃)
    /█\
    .Π.

❤♚ Conservative Crew ♚❤

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
    ┊  ┊  ┊  ★
    ┊  ┊  ☆
    ┊  ★

m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My point about Ted Cruz is that he sucks at working with people. Pointing out that Obama sucks at working with people doesn't make my comment about Cruz any less true.

You want to know who's great at sausage-making? Harry Reid. He has all the charisma of a fish but he knows how to get back room deals done. Cruz is all flash and he'll never get deals done, so he's useless to you in practical terms. But that's okay as far as you're concerned because he irritates the establishment politicians you hate. So hey, as long as you want a gadfly who does nothing to advance your agenda, then by all means, Ted Cruz is your man.
    Pretty sure Obama promised an era of bipartisanship, did he not?

Cruz can be given a great deal of credit in regards to the democrats' failure to pass gun control legislation, so he has already done quite enough for me.

I don't think you understand how Congress works (which isn't surprising considering you're a liberal)

The Constitution specifically mandates that all revenue measures must originate in the House. We aren't talking about some type of specific legislation, we're talking about a spending plan. The House did their job, they passed through what they needed to pass through. The Democrats now have a choice on whether or not they want to accept the reasonable measure proposed, or they can choose to shut down the government. It's their call. Hopefully they do the responsible thing and keep the government functioning. The liberals can't expect to get EVERYTHING they want. In-fact, they should realize the majority of Americans disapprove of Obamacare, and they should listen.

Side note: Approval of a Constitutional Amendment requires the acceptance of 2/3's of Congress and 3/4 of the States. Good luck on your gutting the Second Amendment goals.
    Brah, I think you missed the point of "a joke"; and secondly, I stated "sent it back"; the senate can amend a financial bill and send it back to the House. Which is what will happen.

The Senate will remove the defunding PPACA portion and send it right back.

I don't do limits.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bearsfan91 View Post
    You think that given amnesty, they're all of a sudden going to act like Americans? Speak English? Learn our values and culture? Get real.
    lol...they're hispanics, not ****ing martians.
    I want to touch the butt.

m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000) m0ridin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by indosthetic View Post
    Lol.

Not sure if srs.

Republicans are the ones who have an ass backwards opinion on social issues and want to impose Christian morality on the entire country.
    But who was Rand Paul?

Both parties are guilty of wanting to impose their views on our personal lives, often without any facts or logical reason(s) other than for votes.

Originally Posted by Timmy96 View Post
    Ted Cruz will never be president.
    Pretty sure people said the same thing about Obama.

I would vote for him to see (more of) the liberal butthurt. lolol It gets me just thinking about it.

This guy gets it.

"No backroom deals in my administration... the health care law deals will be done on CSPAN."

...Exact opposite happens.

Originally Posted by cowboyathlete View Post
    The House has now voted more than 40 times to end Obamacare, and their efforts never make it past the Senate. They are beyond psychotic.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    Last edited by m0ridin; 09-21-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Brah, I think you missed the point of "a joke"; and secondly, I stated "sent it back"; the senate can amend a financial bill and send it back to the House. Which is what will happen.

The Senate will remove the defunding PPACA portion and send it right back.
    Hopefully Ted Cruz and other patriots can filibuster your sh*tty Obamacare funding and prevent it from being sent back to the House

Either way, the Democrats should do the right thing and continue funding the government, even if Obama-care isn't funded.
    (●•̃)
    /█\
    .Π.

❤♚ Conservative Crew ♚❤

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
    ┊  ┊  ┊  ★
    ┊  ┊  ☆
    ┊  ★

Hopefully Ted Cruz and other patriots can filibuster your sh*tty Obamacare funding and prevent it from being sent back to the House

Either way, the Democrats should do the right thing and continue funding the government, even if Obama-care isn't funded.
    Why even play this game when everybody knows the end result?

The government will be funded, PPACA will be funded, and debt ceiling will be raised.

What is the GOP actually looking for with these measures? I'm assuming the cuts to SNAP, but there has to be something else they are looking for a compromise on. Otherwise, it's just a publicity stunt to get their base to donate more money to them.

Do you have a real answer? We already know how it's going to play out, so what does the GOP gain?

I think the GOP establishment is throwing Ted Cruz under the bus early so he doesn't muck up the 2016 presidential elections. The house republicans can say they "did their best" to get rid of PPACA, but Ted Cruz couldn't deliver and make him look like an obstructionist.

I don't do limits.

Why even play this game when everybody knows the end result?

The government will be funded, PPACA will be funded, and debt ceiling will be raised.

What is the GOP actually looking for with these measures? I'm assuming the cuts to SNAP, but there has to be something else they are looking for a compromise on. Otherwise, it's just a publicity stunt to get their base to donate more money to them.

Do you have a real answer? We already know how it's going to play out, so what does the GOP gain?

I think the GOP establishment is throwing Ted Cruz under the bus early so he doesn't muck up the 2016 presidential elections. The house republicans can say they "did their best" to get rid of PPACA, but Ted Cruz couldn't deliver and make him look like an obstructionist.
    Yeah, how dare the GOP attempt to stop a bill that the majority of Americans strongly oppose!!! We should just bend over and give the Democrats everything that they want.

Obama-care funding? Sure.
    Debt-ceiling raised? Sure.
    Food stamps? Sure.

In an ideal world the Democrats will be blamed from shutting down the government. Since they are the ones who are allowing it to be shut-down by refusing to approve the reasonable measure put forward by the Republicans.
    (●•̃)
    /█\
    .Π.

❤♚ Conservative Crew ♚❤

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
    ┊  ┊  ┊  ★
    ┊  ┊  ☆
    ┊  ★

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

True brah.

The GOP has made its point to repeal the harmful Obamacare. When the democrats refuse to fix that bad law, the GOP can take the case to the people and say " We tried to fix this, but the Democrats hold the people's livelihood as hostage. And now the people will have to suffer the bad consequences of obamacare."

That way, we can turn the table and let the Democrats burn. Don't shut down the government and let them off the hook. Let them burn instead.

Yeah, how dare the GOP attempt to stop a bill that the majority of Americans strongly oppose!!! We should just bend over and give the Democrats everything that they want.

Obama-care funding? Sure.
    Debt-ceiling raised? Sure.
    Food stamps? Sure.

In an ideal world the Democrats will be blamed from shutting down the government. Since they are the ones who are allowing it to be shut-down by refusing to approve the reasonable measure put forward by the Republicans.
    We are talking about fools who elected obozo twice. Don't count on them to be rational and intelligent.

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is the GOP actually looking for with these measures? I'm assuming the cuts to SNAP, but there has to be something else they are looking for a compromise on.
    -snap(Likely some change, it only makes sense)
    -other farm bill items(very likely)
    -some kind of change to ppaca they can take home to their electorate , cap on subsidies, change in max % employers can charge employees, something(doubtful)
    -possible tax rate compromise (doubtful)
    -possible immigration compromise

They have to go home to their constituents saying they at least tried one more thing on Obamacare, what they were sent there for. Whoever makes a compromise here will have commercials against them next year by their party opponents in primaries saying they agreed to fund Obamacare. I think some of these politicians understand where the really have a chance, their voters don't.
    Intelligent individuals learn from every thing and every one; average people, from their experiences. The stupid already have all the answers.

Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    -snap(Likely some change, it only makes sense)
    -other farm bill items(very likely)
    -some kind of change to ppaca they can take home to their electorate , cap on subsidies, change in max % employers can charge employees, something(doubtful)
    -possible tax rate compromise (doubtful)
    -possible immigration compromise

They have to go home to their constituents saying they at least tried one more thing on Obamacare, what they were sent there for. Whoever makes a compromise here will have commercials against them next year by their party opponents in primaries saying they agreed to fund Obamacare. I think some of these politicians understand where the really have a chance, their voters don't.
    Or, you know, they could actually *gasp* do what they promised to do when running for office and actually hold the line. If the left wants to die on this hill, to shut everything down over Obamacare, then let 'em. Then, during a shutdown, fearlessly articulate your case to the people. The GOP can win these fights, if only they can resist the temptation to surrender before the fight even begins (which is how they've operated to date).

They left is so used to the GOP being the party of capitulation, they're bewildered when they're forced to face even the smallest modicum of resistance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding my breath - I know in the end the 'surrender caucus' will win out; but you can bet people like me are proud as hell of people like Cruz/Lee for trying to hold the feet of the GOP establishment to the fire.

The problem is that Jihad Mccain and Lindsay Lohan (what ever the hell his name is) as well as others are going to sabotage any effort to stop the implementation of Obama-care. I honestly wish that Mccain would switch to the Democrat Party and allow himself to be voted out of office.
    (●•̃)
    /█\
    .Π.

❤♚ Conservative Crew ♚❤

┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
    ┊  ┊  ┊  ★
    ┊  ┊  ☆
    ┊  ★

Originally Posted by StabMastaArson View Post
    Or, you know, they could actually *gasp* do what they promised to do when running for office and actually hold the line. If the left wants to die on this hill, to shut everything down over Obamacare, then let 'em. Then, during a shutdown, fearlessly articulate your case to the people. The GOP can win these fights, if only they can resist the temptation to surrender before the fight even begins (which is how they've operated to date).

They left is so used to the GOP being the party of capitulation, they're bewildered when they're forced to face even the smallest modicum of resistance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding my breath - I know in the end the 'surrender caucus' will win out; but you can bet people like me are proud as hell of people like Cruz/Lee for trying to hold the feet of the GOP establishment to the fire.
    If you honestly believe the GOP could win the fights during a government shutdown, you are delusional. This whole thing is about making people like you "proud as hell", so you donate to a person who gets nothing accomplished.

Thanks for the stretch neg by the way, you know that's a bannable offense right?

I don't do limits.

The problem is that Jihad Mccain and Lindsay Lohan (what ever the hell his name is) as well as others are going to sabotage any effort to stop the implementation of Obama-care. I honestly wish that Mccain would switch to the Democrat Party and allow himself to be voted out of office.
    True, but Graham is going to lose his 2014 primary to a conservative (no matter which challenger wins, all are far more conservative than Grahamnesty), and McCain has intimated he won't run for re-election...I know that means we're still stuck with them stabbing conservatives in the back for the immediate future, but at least there's a light at the end of those 2 particular tunnels.

If you honestly believe the GOP could win the fights during a government shutdown, you are delusional. This whole thing is about making people like you "proud as hell", so you donate to a person who gets nothing accomplished.

Thanks for the stretch neg by the way, you know that's a bannable offense right?
    They absolutely could win those fights, if only they had the balls to take them up and passionately advocate their case. That's what the left does - and that's how they successfully advance their agenda.

Jim DeMint's Senate Conservatives Fund also supporting the effort to oppose cloture for Obamacare funding:

http://www.senateconservatives.com/s...fund-obamacare

Senate Republicans Must Oppose Cloture to Stop Harry Reid's Plan to Fund Obamacare

"Any Republican who votes for cloture is voting to fund Obamacare."

ALEXANDRIA, VA — Today, the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) called on Senate Republicans to oppose cloture on Harry Reid's attempt to fund Obamacare with a simple majority.

SCF Executive Director, Matt Hoskins, made the following statement:

"Americans won a major victory today when the House passed legislation to fund the government without funding Obamacare, but now the debate shifts to the Senate where Harry Reid and the Democrats will try to fund Obamacare. The Democrats have a plan to fund Obamacare, but Republicans can stop it if they stick together.

"Harry Reid needs 60 votes to approve his plan to fund Obamacare. If 41 Republicans stand strong and oppose cloture, they can defeat Reid's plan to fund Obamacare. However, if Republicans waffle and vote for cloture, it will grease the skids for Reid's plan to fund Obamacare. It's pretty simple — any Republican who votes for cloture is voting to fund Obamacare.

"This is a critical test for Senate Republicans and especially for Mitch McConnell, the Republican Leader. It's time for Mitch McConnell to show some leadership and deliver the 41 votes needed to defeat cloture on Harry Reid's plan to fund Obamacare. Republicans like to say they are against Obamacare, but now is the time to prove it. Now is when it matters."

Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) is an independent, grassroots organization that advocates for conservative policies in Washington and helps elect true conservative leaders to the United States Senate.

repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) repos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The dudes not going to get any votes if moves away from cheap health insurance bruh. Obama care one of the main reasons Obama got re elected. Health insurance is expensive, more and more firms are removing coverage, health insurance can easily bankrupt you. The most precious asset to a voter is their health.
    keep rep trading out of your sig line