shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shamr0cked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Rate lifts based on wt/bf?

hey there everyone. just wanted opinions on how my lifts measure up against my body.

Ht:5'11
    Wt: 201lbs
    BF%: 13.5-14%
    started working out last november at 150 lbs.
    1RMs:

Bench: 225
    Squat: 345
    Deadlift:315

thanks for all input

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    I hope this isn't meant to be a brag thread, because it will backfire horribly. There's nothing impressive about these lifts.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tniemuth95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squat and Bench are looking good, but your deadlift is kind of bad, especially compared to your squat. Makes me think your not going down all the way on squats.

For better deadlifts work on flexibility and mobility, this will improve your form and increase the weight you can lift.

AKA: Swolebroham Lincoln kirksofcuz's Avatar
    kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shamr0cked View Post
    hey there everyone. just wanted opinions on how my lifts measure up against my body.

Ht:5'11
    Wt: 201lbs
    BF%: 13.5-14%
    started working out last november at 150 lbs.
    1RMs:

Bench: 225
    Squat: 345
    Deadlift:315

thanks for all input
    We know nothing of your lifts or form. Are you touching bar to chest with your bench? If you are I'd give your bench a 5/10 average.

Are you squatting ATG? If you are I'll give your squat a 7/10. But considering your squat is more than your deadlift I'm willing to bet you do partial squats.

And I'll give your deadlift a 6/10 if you aren't rounding your lower back.
    -Only one thing in existence has the power to tell you that you can't. That thing is the mind. For it is the mind that manifests our reality, and nothing else.

Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500)
    Looking good I guess. Deadlift should be higher than squat but I can understand why it's lower if you use double overhand.

As cupcake said there's nothing impressive about them in terms of strength lifters. But to the general population they're amazing and to the general bodybuilding community they're decent.

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kirksofcuz View Post
    We know nothing of your lifts or form. Are you touching bar to chest with your bench? If you are I'd give your bench a 5/10 average.

Are you squatting ATG? If you are I'll give your squat a 7/10. But considering your squat is more than your deadlift I'm willing to bet you do partial squats.

And I'll give your deadlift a 6/10 if you aren't rounding your lower back.
    Wut

rounding lower back = less credible deadlift?

Makes so much sense.

Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    Wut

Makes so much sense.
    If someone could deadlift 800lbs with a rounded back that would be much more impressive than someone deadlifting 800lbs with a straight back.

kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jericoe View Post
    Wut

Makes so much sense.
    I'm not speaking for TBB as a whole. The ratings I gave him were my own opinions. And in my opinion spinelifts are a less credible way of deadlifting. I'm more impressed by someone who moves weight with impeccable form than someone who just moves weight by any means necessary.
    -Only one thing in existence has the power to tell you that you can't. That thing is the mind. For it is the mind that manifests our reality, and nothing else.

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm not speaking for TBB as a whole. The ratings I gave him were my own opinions. And in my opinion spinelifts are a less credible way of deadlifting. I'm more impressed by someone who moves weight with impeccable form than someone who just moves weight by any means necessary.
    Are you implying that Konstantinov's 939 no belt deadlift is less impressive than the average keyboard warrior's 315?
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

And considering the L4 and L5 is the most common back injury I don't think it's a coincidence that when you round your back squatting or deadlifting those are the exact vertebrae that are the first to be compromised.

Originally Posted by CupcakeSquats View Post
    Are you implying that Konstantinov's 939 no belt deadlift is less impressive than the average keyboard warrior's 315?
    Now you're blowing it way out of context. The two can't be compared. But a 939 no belt deadlift with a perfectly straight back by default is more impressive than a 939 deadlift with a rounded back. I value form over weight lifted personally. I'm not saying your values need to be the same.

Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now you're blowing it way out of context. The two can't be compared. But a 939 no belt deadlift with a perfectly straight back by default is more impressive than a 939 deadlift with a rounded back. I value form over weight lifted personally. I'm not saying your values need to be the same.
    Having a rounded back doesn't make a dead lift any easier or less legit, it merely increases one's chance of self injury.
    Its pretty much like bench pressing with your wrists bent backwards.
    Start
    Bench Press-125
    Deadlift- 200
    Squat-165