Viggoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often should I train chest and biceps?

Hey guys,

I am having an issue to get more defined biceps, and a more defined chest. I train all my body parts equally, for expample - day 1 chest & biceps, day 2 back & triceps, day 3 shoulders & traps and day 4 the 'wonderful' leg day. And then I do some cardio or functional cardio every now and then. Of course I find some body parts easier to train, such as my legs and back, but I am having a really tough time when it comes to my chest and biceps. The measurement of the two body parts I'd say is fine, for now, they are just not as define as I want them to be, and I do not think it's related to my diet since I eat healthy. I eat all the proteins, carbs and fats I am supposed to, I sleep enough and stay hydrated. I think one of the problems is the amount of time there goes between training them again, so I am not sure if I should train them more often? But if so, how? Because I still want to train the rest of my body and can keep that even.

Right now I am open to any suggestions. Reps, sets, exercises, training days etc. Give me everything you guys got of ideas I am new to this side, but juding by some previous threads I've read people seem to come with some awesome ideas and tips

Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are they not DEFINED, or do you just not have MASS?

You build mass by lifting weights and eating a lot of food.
    You get definition by dropping body fat.

There is no such thing as "training for definition."

Originally Posted by Lastman13 View Post
    Are they not DEFINED, or do you just not have MASS?

You build mass by lifting weights and eating a lot of food.
    You get definition by dropping body fat.

There is no such thing as "training for definition."
    I guess mass would be the proper word to use then. In that case, how much should I increase my daily food intake, and how much should I focus on training them? I guess that depends on how big I want them to be, but let's just say I want them to become slightly bigger, not a lot, but just enough to notice a bigger chest and biceps.

IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Post a pic so that we'll be able to judge if you are lean enough. Maybe you need to drop more body fat just like Lastman13 said.
    www.irontale.com

https://www.********.com/iron.tale

Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Viggoo View Post
    I guess mass would be the proper word to use then. In that case, how much should I increase my daily food intake, and how much should I focus on training them? I guess that depends on how big I want them to be, but let's just say I want them to become slightly bigger, not a lot, but just enough to notice a bigger chest and biceps.
    Depends on what level of training you are.

Are you an absolute beginner? Novice? Intermediate?

Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyday. Everyday is Chest and Bi's day. Its practically one word... Chestnbis.

All joking aside, Ive had good results doing twice a week (each body part twice) but it is tough to keep up and is rough on my body. I do each split once a week now.

mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrpushup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a similar routine to you except I have it in 3 days. Chest/Bis Shoulder/Back Legs/Tris and repeat with only one day off a week. Eventually this catches up to me and I have to take 3-5 days off every 2 months or so. I would say you want to hit each muscle group 2 times a week if you have the time, though.

IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronTale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    www.irontale.com

https://www.********.com/iron.tale

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Northlax3 View Post
    Everyday. Everyday is Chest and Bi's day. Its practically one word... Chestnbis.

All joking aside, Ive had good results doing twice a week (each body part twice) but it is tough to keep up and is rough on my body. I do each split once a week now.
    If youre feeling epic,you can even wear sweatpants
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Originally Posted by Lastman13 View Post
    Depends on what level of training you are.

Are you an absolute beginner? Novice? Intermediate?
    I've been training for about four months now, and gained about 33 lbs more doing that period of time. Most of it being muscles of course. So I have some experciance when it comes to weights, but I am without doubt no professional.

Originally Posted by IronTale View Post
    Post a pic so that we'll be able to judge if you are lean enough. Maybe you need to drop more body fat just like Lastman13 said.
    I've uploaded a pic now, but I do not think the amount of body fat is the issue for now. And juding by the pic my chest and arms, especially the chest, doesn't look that big. It's decent I guess, but I want it to be a bit bigger.

Learn from your mistakes lucidz's Avatar
    lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I end up doing Bis 4 times a week.

I do full body days 2 x a week and do standing BB carls as part of that (All pro style)

Then I do two days of isolation work and body weight, pull ups and hammer curls.

So 4 days a week they get hit pretty directly.
    Its not how strong you are, its how good your aim is from 500 yards.

Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mohlentank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lucidz View Post
    I end up doing Bis 4 times a week.

I do full body days 2 x a week and do standing BB carls as part of that (All pro style)

Then I do two days of isolation work and body weight, pull ups and hammer curls.

So 4 days a week they get hit pretty directly.
    Full body workouts are garbage for one. I cry for the rest of your body if you hit bis 4 times a week..
    2014 USAPL Nationals
    611/380/563

Check out Mohlencamp Powerlifting on ********!

Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jo3Buddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Viggoo View Post
    I've been training for about four months now, and gained about 33 lbs more doing that period of time. Most of it being muscles of course. So I have some experciance when it comes to weights, but I am without doubt no professional.
    You gained 33lbs in 4 months and most of that is muscle what roids are you using lmao. You should train bodyparts that are lagging behind twice a week.

Originally Posted by Jo3Buddha View Post
    You gained 33lbs in 4 months and most of that is muscle what roids are you using lmao. You should train bodyparts that are lagging behind twice a week.
    Hehe, I just grew a really big happiness for food. But thanks for the tip training the body parts lagging behind twice a week, I'll definitely give that a shot, thanks!

cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mohlentank View Post
    Full body workouts are garbage for one. I cry for the rest of your body if you hit bis 4 times a week..
    Full body workouts are not garbage. Again, what works for one person may not work for the other.
    ---- COUNTRY MIKE APPRECIATION CREW ----

ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500)
    Bulk, lift heavy, cut. There you go, mass and definition.