Sunglasses and Mustaches Ceslovas's Avatar
    Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Exercise and muscle group illustrations

Ran across this during some googling to check my form, thought it was pretty neat.

Lots more here:
    http://courses.k-state.edu/spring200...StTrngMUscles/

phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The deadlift should begin with the thighs almost parallel to the floor, and the bar should be in front of the shins, not dragging against the shins, according to that illustration.

I think these people don't know what they are talking about.
    ---Likes front squats more than back squats crew---
    ---Likes overhead press more than bench press crew---
    ---Can't argue with deadlifts crew---

Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ceslovas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by phrali View Post
    The deadlift should begin with the thighs almost parallel to the floor, and the bar should be in front of the shins, not dragging against the shins, according to that illustration.

I think these people don't know what they are talking about.
    Illustration seems to be explaining just that, at least that's how I understood it.

I don't see anything about dragging the bar against the shins in the illustration...

This is from Kansas State's class FTP server, seems pretty legit to me.

phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ceslovas View Post
    Illustration seems to be explaining just that, at least that's how I understood it.

I don't see anything about dragging the bar against the shins in the illustration...

This is from Kansas State's class FTP server, seems pretty legit to me.
    You are missing the point. The bar is SUPPOSED to drag up the shins to ensure a strict vertical bar path. The thighs are not supposed to be parallel to the ground to start the pull, the hips are supposed to be up. The instruction given in the caption is incorrect. I dont care if its kansas state or some university, the information is wrong.

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The bar is actually not supposed to drag against your shins. But hey, if you feel the necessity to hurt yourself to strengthen certain muscles, I won't stand in your way.

EDIT: Almost forgot what I initially meant to say!!! COOL POST, OP! THANKS!
    You give something up for everything you gain

Originally Posted by phrali View Post
    You are missing the point. The bar is SUPPOSED to drag up the shins to ensure a strict vertical bar path. The thighs are not supposed to be parallel to the ground to start the pull, the hips are supposed to be up. The instruction given in the caption is incorrect. I dont care if its kansas state or some university, the information is wrong.
    Ah, understood.

Seems like this is from a class in 2004, possibly outdated material in that case.

Originally Posted by LostLlama View Post
    The bar is actually not supposed to drag against your shins. But hey, if you feel the necessity to hurt yourself to strengthen certain muscles, I won't stand in your way.

EDIT: Almost forgot what I initially meant to say!!! COOL POST, OP! THANKS!
    No problem.

I guess some of the instructions are up for debate, as the wording is somewhat obscure, but the majority of the exercises seem pretty spot on.

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ceslovas View Post
    No problem.

I guess some of the instructions are up for debate, as the wording is somewhat obscure, but the majority of the exercises seem pretty spot on.
    I actually like the post because I think knowing the names of all of the muscles is cool. =) Have a good weekend.
    You give something up for everything you gain

Originally Posted by LostLlama View Post
    The bar is actually not supposed to drag against your shins.
    A lot of powerlifting competitions actually require high socks that cover the shins for deadlifting so that competitors do not bleed on the bar. They do this because, well, every serious deadlifter that knows what they are doing drags the bar up the shins.

And they have been doing this since waaay before 2004.

doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctoroctopus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always a big fan of anatomy and muscle mechanic illustration. Repped

lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good stuff. Repped
    Sickening.

Fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering... In one final act of self defense, the great mother earth must purge herself and if that means the death of 3 billion people... So be it. If we choose war over peace, If we choose fear over logic, If we choose to be led into war and not lead ourselves to the promise land, then we deserve hell on earth.