iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iEatChicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

American Heart Association - 1500 mgs sodium or less?

So the American Heart Association states that the average American consumes 3400mgs of sodium daily. Then they state that "Kids that have a high-sodium diet are twice as likely to develop high blood pressure as kids who have low-sodium diets."

"Contributes to nearly 200,000 female deaths each year...that's more than five times the 42,000 annual deaths form breast cancer."

And the biggest one for me:
    "Excess levels of sodium or salt MAY put you at risk for: stroke, heart failure, osteoporosis, stomach cancer, kidney disease, kidney stones, enlarged heart muscle, headaches."

My question is how generalized is this? What does the "MAY" mean? Can I eat 3000-4000mg of sodium daily if I am active, sweat, drink water, and keep potassium and magnesium high also?

When does eating 3400 mg of sodium daily become unsafe?
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” -Mark Twain