Benneli_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Before Or After Workout Good , Or Bad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically wanting to know if i could do a hour of cardio before lifting or should i do 10 before, 50 after, i was wondering if i do cardio after, that it eats what u just lifted for supposly? if you could set me straight on these rumors i would appreciate it.

Thanks , Benneli

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You'll be hard pressed to keep any muscle on doing an hour of cardio at one time unless you get into some serious dietary shenanigans while you're on the Stairmaster. If you do an hour of cardio prior to lifting you probably won't be able to lift a dang thing.

athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athlete20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Benneli_G View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically wanting to know if i could do a hour of cardio before lifting or should i do 10 before, 50 after, i was wondering if i do cardio after, that it eats what u just lifted for supposly? if you could set me straight on these rumors i would appreciate it.

Thanks , Benneli
    If your trying to lose bodyfat then do cardio post-workout, because after workout your glycogen levels are depleted and that's the ideal time to do your cardio to burn fat. I see no point in doing cardio before hand because it will deplete your energy levels and you need that energy for you workout. You can warm-up for 5-10 min. if you would like, but that's it.
    Athlete20's Webber Pharmaceuticals Sostenol 250 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1724131

Benneli_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well at the moment , all i eat is turkey meat, and not processed , i eat pretty much turkey breast and turkey hamburger, and a little fish try to fit it in once a week with vegetables, i dont dring anything with sugar in it, pretty much just water, lol and some sugar free energy drinks in the morning but, i have no sugar in what i eat except for like complex sugars, found in oranges, apples , . . . etc , but that basically sums up my diet, i only eat 3 meals a day, not 6 small meals, im a trim carpenter so really it is hard to eat 6 meals a day. Another question i have is. . . eat before or after workout, should i eat something small , like a banna, apple, .etc, or my meal then drink protein drink within 30 mins out of gym ??

Thanks for you help and time to reply

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    If your trying to lose bodyfat then do cardio post-workout, because after workout your glycogen levels are depleted and that's the ideal time to do your cardio to burn fat. I see no point in doing cardio before hand because it will deplete your energy levels and you need that energy for you workout. You can warm-up for 5-10 min. if you would like, but that's it.
    A lot of people say that doesn't end up working because your body will just store the fat at another time of the day to try to even it out.

One reference: Read the 'Cardio' section of this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

I wouldn't do any cardio on the days you lift. You'll lose muscle that way or be too tired to lift. Try doing high intensity interval training on the days you aren't lifting. http://www.dolfzine.com/page484.htm has some interval routine examples you can use. The first article I referenced also states that you should treat your cardio days just like your lifting days in regards to the pre-, during- and post-workout nutrition.

That's just my opinion based on the stuff I read that seems to make sense. I could very well be wrong.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Benneli_G View Post
    Well at the moment , all i eat is turkey meat, and not processed , i eat pretty much turkey breast and turkey hamburger, and a little fish try to fit it in once a week with vegetables, i dont dring anything with sugar in it, pretty much just water, lol and some sugar free energy drinks in the morning but, i have no sugar in what i eat except for like complex sugars, found in oranges, apples , . . . etc , but that basically sums up my diet, i only eat 3 meals a day, not 6 small meals, im a trim carpenter so really it is hard to eat 6 meals a day. Another question i have is. . . eat before or after workout, should i eat something small , like a banna, apple, .etc, or my meal then drink protein drink within 30 mins out of gym ??

Thanks for you help and time to reply
    Fruit contains fructose, not complex carbs. Eat veggies instead.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm also has a diet plan on it for pre-contest cutting. The goal is to lose fat while maintaining muscle, so I'd say it's a pretty good diet. It's basically a 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat diet. It's all explained in the article... even what you should be eating before, during and after your workouts (both cardio and lifting).

The fastest way to lose fat would be with a keto diet, but you'll probably be tired a lot and you might lose more muscle this way as well. There's tons of information on ketogenic diets in this forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Hopefully that helps.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883