Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    those calves........I'm impressed (and envious).

Ataraxic your question made me laugh, I'd have thought goats cheese if self explanatory

Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by map84 View Post
    those calves........I'm impressed (and envious).

Ataraxic your question made me laugh, I'd have thought goats cheese if self explanatory
    Thank you! I cant wait till the rest of the fat comes off. I've always had strong hockey legs, but Ive never seen my calves this defined and I've still got a decent percentage of fat left to lose. Thank you very much though, I'm always so flattered and stoked and motivated when someone here says something I've worked on looks good. Some of the people here are so far out of my league were not even playing the same sport. I do have some pride in my strong calves though, built from years of hockey and calf raises every single day of my life, and also my limp. Having limped since I was 13 my legs have taken the burden in different ways and become strong to compensate my weaknesses.

His question made me laugh too, I was sitting there trying to imagine what he thinks it is, lol. Maybe cheese made from actual goat? haha.
    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

My sponsored PROMERA LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158699393

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156860133

Stronger. Better. Faster. Everyday.

map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) map84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Goalie_Girl View Post
    His question made me laugh too, I was sitting there trying to imagine what he thinks it is, lol. Maybe cheese made from actual goat? haha.
    Haha!

Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Goalie_Girl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Haha!

Rest day today. Sort of enjoying the laziness. Should have stretched today before I got dressed but I forgot. Ah well, off to work soon.

Here is breakfast.

Whey Shake with Triple Chocolate Power Crunch and 1 tbs Natural PB

Triple Chocolate Power Crunch Bar: As always, these are really good. The triple chocolate is much less sweet than the other versions but still sooooo good. And they are so macro friendly. 13g of protein, 10g of carbs. Boooom, tastiness. I spread some nut butter on there to help get my fats in and my sweet tooth doesnt know its missing anything. As always good tasting, light filling, perfect platform for nut butters. I love you power crunch. A

Tried out the organic protein marley coffee sample. Not a fan, but that's not bob's fault necessarily. I also decided to low carb it and use some unsweetened vanilla almond milk which admittedly I hate. I only use the unsweetened almond milk for baking. I really dislike the stuff. I like the sweetened version well enough but unsweetened its so bitter and basic and gritty. Unfortunately the protein also adds to the grittiness in texture. Not an enjoyable shake for me. I had to add a 1/2 tbs of sf chocolate syrup (and uesless carbs) to sweeten it up a little and make it more palatable. Stupid almond milk, never again in my shakes, I'll stick to my light vanilla soymilk, I like the taste and the texture and the protein content way more anyway. Will I do again? Nope.

About to head off to work!

Oh I also happen to be wearing this shirt today...

I'm a huge bob fan, I play guitar and ukulele, listen to a ton of reggae. I bought this shirt in a small shop in venice italy that makes super cool t shirts in 100% cotton. Super comfy and cool.
    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." Michelangelo

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

My sponsored PROMERA LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158699393

Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ofc I know what goat cheese is. I was testing you people.... obviously....

I asked that really early in the morning. forgive me

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is it me or are you looking a lot leaner in your last pic?

Originally Posted by Ataraxic View Post
    Ofc I know what goat cheese is. I was testing you people.... obviously....

I asked that really early in the morning. forgive me
    Lol.

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    Is it me or are you looking a lot leaner in your last pic?
    This most recent pic this morning? Could be, I'm probably down another almost 5 pounds since my last pic. I've leaned out a bit since dropping my carbs. Can you really notice it that much? That would make me sooooooo happy! Stomach has leaned out a bit, I can feel my ribs through two shirts now. Im noticing weight coming off my upper arms and thighs. Really just waiting on the rest of the stomach to really fall away, along with the love handles. The lower stuff is holding on. Are you referring to this morning's pic? If so thank you!!!!!!! Will be taking a new progress pic for november soon here.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ya you look great hard work paying off

As for today I had a tough day at work. Lost my temper and raised my voice at a very demanding customer. It's totally unlike me at all but the holidays mark a couple decently recent and traumatic events in my life, maybe thats why I've had some really off days lately, this being one of them. I'm kind, genuine, fun to be around usually, today I got scolded by my boss for losing my cool. The entire rest of the day I just felt terrible. I've got that anxious, empty, feeling in my chest. I feel wired not to sleep tonight, think I'll be up and cooking just because, why the hell not? Maybe it will make me feel better.

Macros are a mess today. Wont post because I may still eat later. Carbs are over 100 for the first time in like a week. Had a problem with some new things I brought in my lunch today that I did not care for at all and didnt eat, so then I snacked to replace them. 87 calories over 1600 currently, under maintenence but today is a rest day so whatever, screwed the pooch there I suppose. Ah well, I'm not gonna dwell on it, probably the least chitty thing today.

Currently sitting here wearing two hoodies because my thyroid is broken and I'm always shivering inside. Wearing my new skinny hoodie which admittedly I've started to shrink out of, over that I'm wearing an obese hoodie easily with inches of room. Kind of cool, kind of weird.

I'm going to be alone in the house till Saturday while my landlords are away, and they took my/our dog with them. Other than thanksgiving dinner I'm going to be a lonely goalie. Lots of cooking and exercising shall commence. Hopefully I dont drive myself nuts in the in between time.

Really looking forward to hitting the bike again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Goalie_Girl; 11-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Lost my temper and raised my voice at a very demanding customer.
    No joke I think some people are just there to be irritating. You need to behave yourself Goalie, though I gotta confess I'd love to see a customer getting told off in a cupcake store!
    They're right btw, that pic looks great, Jammin' t shirt too!

No joke I think some people are just there to be irritating. You need to behave yourself Goalie, though I gotta confess I'd love to see a customer getting told off in a cupcake store!
    They're right btw, that pic looks great, Jammin' t shirt too!
    It was totally my mistake and I know that. Its not like me at all, I've never worked anything but customer service oriented jobs so I know what I did was uncalled for and my fault. I do need to behave and I'm still very angry with myself for letting that happen. I didnt tell anyone off, nothing angry or mean was said. I just raised my voice to try and clarify a situation in which the customer could not or would not make a decision and kept incorrectly ordering things.

Thank you. Looked in the mirror today and you guys are definitely right, I guess I am looking noticeabley trimmer from the outside. My stomach feels leaner.

Was up till 3:30 AM last night and spent nearly all that time in the kitchen trying to keep my mind busy and my down time productive. Will show you guys all the eats once I've gotten up and finished some more cooking and got my ride in. Eeager to return from the rest day, no MCT today but Im thinking an AM and PM session of cardio.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Quest for Abs Take #3 Get2thechopper's Avatar
    Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, sucks when you lose it at customers; sorry to hear about your off day. But as far as weight loss, and exercise is going, you are totally killing it. Your willpower is impressive. Keep it up!

If I did anywhere near as much cardio as you I think I'd be around 220 lbs by now

Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens

Originally Posted by Get2thechopper View Post
    Hey, sucks when you lose it at customers; sorry to hear about your off day. But as far as weight loss, and exercise is going, you are totally killing it. Your willpower is impressive. Keep it up!

If I did anywhere near as much cardio as you I think I'd be around 220 lbs by now : D
    Its alright, just have to make sure my bosses know that isnt me. Thanks.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens
    Working on it. I want to just get back tomorrow and have a much better day.

Ok, I did a rediculous amount of cooking between last night and this morning. Needed to use some bananas and egg whites and an open can of pumpkin and some other things before they went bad so I decided to go all out. Was up till so so so late, stressed myself into an all night stomach ache that continued through part of this morning. Got a bunch of other recipes prepped this morning before my ride. Had a good ride, just a few seconds off my PR pace without pushing it too much. Some soreness in my left quad so I'll stretch thouroughly before tonights ride. By the time I was off the bike and had my breakfast and the other things cooked and eaten It was almost 2:00. Now I have a rediculous window in which to fit my calories into today but I had a rough plan in pace so as long as I can get it down and fit it around my evening ride and the hours left in the day its all good.

Here's what I cooked last night:

Pumpkin Spice Protein Almond Butter Cups

My own modification of the protein PB cup, fall edition. These are absolutely amazing. I think my only complaint is that the almond butter texture is not as good as the peanut butter texture when frozen. Flavor is spot on though.

Coconut Oil Chocolate and Spiced Pumpkin Cups

Execution on these is perfect however, the taste is not. There are two issues here. First in the filling I had an oops moment and dumped way too much pumpkin spice in the filling. The spice flavor is strong and not in a good way, its pretty overpowering. But teh second issue is the coconut taste int he chocolate is equally as strong and so the whole candy became this fight of two rediculously strong flavors. The final product is confusing and frankly not very good. Wont be eating these. It's a shame cause theyre so pretty. I feel like this could be improved with a non coconut based chocolate and either regular peanut butter filling or a different type of filling.

Also here are some pictures of yesterday's mega sandwich. I am a master of next level sandwich engineering. This is high fiber, high protein, low carb flax bread, 5 slices of turkey, 2 slices of rosemary ham, artichoke pesto, mayo and white stilton cheese with cranberries. Best sandwich evar, srs. Flavor explosion in my mouth. Oh and 52g of protein for 525 calories. SUPER MACRO SANDWICH.

Here is breakfast from this morning.

Omelette Muffins (with chicken this time) and a Pumpkin Pie Whey Shake

And my snack plate. Who says you cant eat delicious foods and graze while you cut?

Trader Joe's guiltess kale dip, rosemary raisin crisps, cranberry goat cheese, and turkey. 260 cals 25 protein/17.2carbs/11fat

About to go shoce more food in my mouth and get ready for another short ried. Will update with the rest of my cooking escapades towards the end if the night.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Here are the rest of the eats from yesterday.

Pre ride tilapia and green beans

Got my food down and hit the bike for a 45 minute slow ride, took it easy. (see what I did thar?) Turned on the rest of my favorite disney movie, lilo and stitich ftw, and just put out a good slow ride for about 600 calories. Nothing special to report, but felt good. Need to get more of these longer rides in.

Post ride shrimp wrap with avocado and Pico De Gallo

Had a rediculous amount of calories left and still some fat and protein to fill. Luckily I left enough wiggle room carbs wise to consume a rediculously good treat. Oh Justin, I love you. You are a nut wizard and I want to have your babies if you keep your baby mama all stocked with deliciously smooth natural nut butters. Okay... In all seriousness this right here is my favorite new treat, maybe favorite candy ever. I love Justin's natural nut butters. I had been unable to track down his peanut butter but love the hazelnut and maple almond butters. When I saw these I was excited for a day when thes fit my macros. Honestly the peanut butter int his cup is the best Ive ever had. Its so smooth, creamy, sweet, salty. The texture is absolutely perfect. The chocolate in these is high quality, and does not taste processed at all. Its the organic ingredients that make these the best tasting peanut butter cup Ive ever eaten. As long as I can get these I will NEVER eat another reese's cup again. They are a bit high in carbs, but hey it chocolate and sugar man, but they are good to help fill protein and healthy fats. GO BUY THESE. NOW.

Oh, and seriously, I love you Justin. Call me. Or just send me a box of free butters.

Macros for the day finished at:

Calories: 1442
    Protein: 140g
    Carbs: 91g
    Fat: 63g

A little low on the calories but I messed up my eating window, easily rectified next time. Honestly though I did not feel hungry and ate a ton of food. Hit my fat goal (well techinically -2g) so I'm hoping that means I wont have done any damage burning about 1000 cals on the bike on that few calories.

Other baked goods I finished yesterday:

Pumpkin PB Loaf

This is good, a little bland though. The pumpkin/pb combo is interesting. I personally would have added more spices next time. This would be even better with a peanut butter or cinnamon flavored protein and some peanut butter or protein frosting to top. Texture is spot on. Macros per slice are: 180 cal 14.7pro/18.1carbs/6.2fat

Chocolate Banana Muffins

I like these. Banana taste is apparent but they are plenty chocolatey. Next time I will double up and make 6 muffins instead of 12 minis. These are excellent with PB on top and are low carb/low cal. Macros per muffin: 48 cal 3pro/7.3carbs/.9fat

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

I’m really excited to post progress pics for November. Im not sure how much change I see, definitely something. You guys take a look and tell me what you think.

I feel different, I feel a little leaner but its not crazy noticeable. My tummy is still holding on fiercely.

First pic is 185ish.

Difference between October and November is 157 to 152.

What do you guys think?

Also boom! QUADS IN YO FACE!

I want to rep myself for these godly quads. lol.

Give me feedback guys I really want to hear from people who have a different perspective than I!

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

COMMENT ON MY PICS. YOU PEOPLE YOU.

Was going to post pics of the eats today before my night got destroyed. Now its too late, I'm too tired. Barely made it home from work before things got real chitty. It's the first day of TOM and by the time I got home severe cramps had set in all I could do was spend an hour and a half in the fetal position sobbing and trying not to vomit. An enjoyable night for sure. In all honesty, I have a high tolerance for pain and this had me crying like a baby. At one point I had double vision for a minute. When the pain finally subsided I decided to go ahead with MCT as I havent missed a workout yet. Got through it fine but had some weakness in my arms, especially on the dips. Probably one of my weaker workouts but this was not a great day eating window wise either. I spaced my meals too far apart today. By the time my workout was over it was 10:30 and I still had to slam down something to eat. Got some food down although my stomach is still pained from earlier.

Macros today look like this:

Calories: 1,417
    Protein: 139g
    Carbs: 90g
    Fats: 58g

Eh, a little short all around. Oh well, bad circumstances again. Things will get right back on track after tomorrow. I plan to count roughly but tomorrow is essentially a free day. Going to eat light early, get a ride in, make sure I hit my protein and enjoy a meal with some family. After tomorrow its time to start planning regular carb refeed days and getting 100% focused for the promera contest. I want to smash it.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm very thankful for the support I've found here.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Awesome progress photos, looks like you're doing really well to me Goalie, the tummy is shrinking away in each one.
    With your level of dedication I'm sure you won't have any problems achieving your final goal, which obviously isn't too far off now
    Fine quads btw!

Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Insilicio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, why do you need comments if the change is so obvious?

amazing progress. nice quads

Awesome progress photos, looks like you're doing really well to me Goalie, the tummy is shrinking away in each one.
    With your level of dedication I'm sure you won't have any problems achieving your final goal, which obviously isn't too far off now
    Fine quads btw!
    Thank you. Slowly but surely. Very, very slowly to me. But I know its not that slow, just dont like looking at it. lol. Thank you very much. I am quite focused.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Insilicio View Post
    Well, why do you need comments if the change is so obvious?
    Thanks, lol. I like to hear from others' perspectives. I'm a bit of a self loather, im not very confident and so sometimes I dont see things the way they really are, or the way I should. I was obese, and I still see a much heavier person in the mirror than I probably am. Sometimes I need the feedback from others to support and motivate me and help me see things clearly.

amazing progress. nice quads
    Thank you. Someone in my women's log copmplimented me on the sweeps. The sweeps!?! I have quad sweeps?!

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanBodyMass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh Justin, I love you. You are a nut wizard and I want to have your babies if you keep your baby mama all stocked with deliciously smooth natural nut butters.
    This made me laugh!

Thank you. Slowly but surely. Very, very slowly to me. But I know its not that slow, just dont like looking at it. lol. Thank you very much. I am quite focused.

Thanks!

Thanks, lol. I like to hear from others' perspectives. I'm a bit of a self loather, im not very confident and so sometimes I dont see things the way they really are, or the way I should. I was obese, and I still see a much heavier person in the mirror than I probably am. Sometimes I need the feedback from others to support and motivate me and help me see things clearly.

Thank you. Someone in my women's log copmplimented me on the sweeps. The sweeps!?! I have quad sweeps?!
    - You look hot in your tshirt pic.
    - 33 lbs has made a *huge* difference since you started this in June.
    - You're gonna have a completely rocking body for the beach this coming summer! (probably before that even)

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You hooked me with the cheesecake quite a while ago, and I keep checking to see whats new in the kitchen.

Great progress. The difference in the pics is great. You will make it to your goal for sure.

Originally Posted by LeanBodyMass View Post
    This made me laugh!

- You look hot in your tshirt pic.
    - 33 lbs has made a *huge* difference since you started this in June.
    - You're gonna have a completely rocking body for the beach this coming summer! (probably before that even)

I love that peanut butter.

- *looks around* me?! Why thank you.
    - Thank you. Today its actually 45 pounds since April, started at 196. Pics are at beginning.
    - Thank you again! I'm not much for the beach as I sunburn through t shirts (lol srs) but I may slather on the spf and brave it if I look good. haha

Originally Posted by Brad805 View Post
    You hooked me with the cheesecake quite a while ago, and I keep checking to see whats new in the kitchen.

Great progress. The difference in the pics is great. You will make it to your goal for sure.
    Why hello there! Thank you for lurking!

Thank you! No doubt in my mind, I am not afraid of hard work, only failure.

Hello everyone! Happy day after thanksgiving to the yanks, happy Friday to the canucks!

Had a pretty decent Thanksgiving holiday with the fam last night. As far as counting and macros and all that nonsense there was none. I had my ride and ate a sensible protein filled breakfast. I basically fasted the entire rest of the day up until the meal. And then I just enjoyed. I'm pretty sure I got decently close to mhy protein macro for the day so I'm content with that. Turned down all alcohol. The food was all sooooooooo good. Seeing the family was good, a little awkwardness surrounding holidays past, divorces, etc, etc but my mom's side of the family is generally very fun to be around.

Here's the feast:

Drumstick from 18 lb Turkey (win), cayenne and bacon green beans with sausage gravy (also very win), sweet potatotes, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, roll. (no i dont eat stuffing, its disgusting)

Pumpkin Cheesecake with dark chocolate sauce and bourbon whipped cream (so good, so rich, only ate half) , Cupcake (half of which was demolished by my brother's girlfriend of all people, lol) and unpictured was a bite of amazing apple pie

I havent eaten a meal like that since july. I havent sat down and ate a meal in which I just didnt write or care at all since July. Felt good in a way but its definitely somethign for moderation. That being said, Thanksgiving has inspired me to do less baking and more actual cooking.

Anyway today's a good day because I'm 1 pound lighter. Wait what? Hold the phone. You're 1 pound lighter the day after thanksgiving? Yep, boom baby! Weighed in today at 151 lbs. You know what that means..... ding ding ding! 45 lbs down! Wheeeeeeee!

Start Date: April 22nd, 196 lbs
    Today: November 29th, 151 lbs

As excited as I am about this number Im really more excited about seeing 149 soon. I havent been in the 140s since I was like 12. What this does go to show is if I keep my macros in check when I do have a refeed I drop weight. And so that brings me back to a question I had earlier that went unanswered. Now that Thanksgiving is over I want to schedule a REGULAR once weekly refeed. What should a refeed/carb up day look like for me AND when should it be utilized for the best advantage? I'm eating about 1500-1600 calories a day and 100g of carbs or less. On a refeed day should I eat at maintenence or just slightly raise my calories? And what should my carb levels look like for a day like that? Also when can a refeed best be utilized? I feel like it would be counter productive on a rest day. If I wanted to use it to fuel a weight lifting session or a long ride would I refeed the day before or maybe pack most of my refeed into a meal before the exercise? I appreciate your help everyone.

Here are the stats for this morning's ride, nothing special. Took it somewhat slow and easy. I have MCT tonight, excited for that.

And here is breakfast:

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50) ritchiedrama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok it's official these food pics have made me hungry. I'm moving in to yours. See ya soon!
    www.********.com/ritchiedrama - Please support my ******** page ~ Online Coaching and Personal Training + Much more useful information!
    www.youtube.com/ritchiedrama7
    www.instagram.com/ritchiedrama

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLBJKxbG4 - 2 year Transformation video

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160090901 ~ My powerlifting log.

1 RM's:

Bench: 310 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 375 lbs

congrats on dropping that next pound!
    I think you're right to look in to refeeds, the fact you lost the lb the day after thanksgiving suggests its a decent idea.
    I'm sure there's some science to a refeed with leptin levels and insulin and that kinda thing but I never worried too much about it, if I felt worn out and starving then I'd have a snickers bar or something, which was probably about every month or 2 and if I went out for a night (about every 5 or 6 weeks) I'd have maybe 1600cals in drinks which would put me into a calorie surplus. It's probably not the best way to do it, but probably 50% of the time I'd find I'd lose weight in the couple of days afterwards, I never saw a weight gain after.
    As for doing it on an exercise day or not, I've tried both ways, can't find a difference, muscle takes days to recover fully from exercise so I guess a refeed can only impact for only a short period of that full healing time.

Originally Posted by ritchiedrama View Post
    Ok it's official these food pics have made me hungry. I'm moving in to yours. See ya soon!
    Thank you! Come on over, I'll feed you!

congrats on dropping that next pound!
    I think you're right to look in to refeeds, the fact you lost the lb the day after thanksgiving suggests its a decent idea.
    I'm sure there's some science to a refeed with leptin levels and insulin and that kinda thing but I never worried too much about it, if I felt worn out and starving then I'd have a snickers bar or something, which was probably about every month or 2 and if I went out for a night (about every 5 or 6 weeks) I'd have maybe 1600cals in drinks which would put me into a calorie surplus. It's probably not the best way to do it, but probably 50% of the time I'd find I'd lose weight in the couple of days afterwards, I never saw a weight gain after.
    As for doing it on an exercise day or not, I've tried both ways, can't find a difference, muscle takes days to recover fully from exercise so I guess a refeed can only impact for only a short period of that full healing time.
    Thank you, one at a time these days but at least its steady. I'll take it.

This is my second refeed in which I planned it and then dropped weight afterwards. My problem is not scheduling refeeds and then binging when I do decide to cheat. Messing with my carb levels have helped that issue tremendously. Plus with how low carb I am eatning I think 1 high day a week will help keep me sane and my body functioning correctly. I'll have to do some research of my own into the timing of a refeed as I'd like to use it to help my muscles build/recover. Im eating so few carbs and so few calories these days it would be nice to use a refeed to either recover from or fuel a particularly intense workout.

Alrighty, about to get up and at it for the day.

Here is last nights dinner and macros:

Tilapia, Shrimp, and Green Beans with 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella, Chocolate Banana Protein Muffin with Sunflower Seed Butter (mmmmm)

Here are the macros for the day:

Calories: 1459
    Protein: 142g
    Carbs: 87g
    Fat: 62g

Had MCT last night, good workout, enjoyable but I think I felt it a little last night from the lack of carbs. Started out strong but my arms felt tired by the later sets. Think next time I'll eat a little more and a little closer to my workout to get some quick energy in. Cant wait for my supps to arrive.

Gonna hop on the bike for just a bit and then have some breakfast.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Quest for Abs Take #3 Get2thechopper's Avatar
    Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get2thechopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Give me feedback guys I really want to hear from people who have a different perspective than I!
    Your progress pictures are great. They really show how far you have come. You are doing great, and are looking so much better for all the hard work you have put in.

Well done for sticking to your guns. (Not everyone does!) Keep doing what you are doing. Awesome progress!

Originally Posted by Get2thechopper View Post
    Your progress pictures are great. They really show how far you have come. You are doing great, and are looking so much better for all the hard work you have put in.

Well done for sticking to your guns. (Not everyone does!) Keep doing what you are doing. Awesome progress!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's been hard, most people I talk to dont understand the hard work I put in or why I do it, or how hard it is. I love that the people here, especially you, do!

Here are yesterday's meals:

Omelette Muffins and Peanut Butter Pumpkin Loaf with Cinnamon Cream Cheese

Mmmmmm, the loaf I baked was sooooooo much better with the cream cheese. I love this stuff now.

Spinach Salad with Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch, Chicken, Sunflower Seeds and Goat Cheese

Rosemary Raisin Chips, Guiltless Kale Dip, Turkey, Pancetta, Cranberry Goat Cheese and Whey Shake

This is really everything I ate yesterday, plus I was really thirsty, drank a ton of water yesterday. I also had planned on a second ride yesterday, the morning ride went very well, only a few seconds off PR pace, but was plagued with a persistent headache. It took me forever to eat my salad at Lunch and it kept me full for a long time. Also used some time last night to prepare dinner for tonight and tomorrow and got some things at the grocery store that I needed for the week. I'm stocked up on a lot of things like nut butters, almond and soy milks, nuts, protein bars, that kind of thing. But I needed a couple sources of meat protein for the week, some spinach and a couple other things for recipes. Only thing I didnt do was actually pick up more vegetables so I think I'll be having side salads a lot this week which is ok. Spinach is great because it helps keep me full, good source of micros and some protein, and also allows me to more easily hit my fats because I can easily add nuts, seeds, and dressings to salads.

Other thing is I'm running low on whey. I only have one shake a day most of the days but I've used a lot of my whey baking lately and I always like to have both chocolate and vanilla on hand, and then some third additional flavor. Right now I have 6 star's cookies n cream whey, but thats a little iffy. The taste is alright enough in a shake but the sort of lasting aftertaste it has makes me nervous to use in baking, plus its slightly higher carb than my others. I suppose at some point I'll have to finish it off. I think I'll order whey from BB.com this time.

Here are the macros for YESTERDAY:

Calories: 1539
    Protein: 160g
    Carbs: 67g
    Fat: 69g

For me, thats about as good as it gets macro wise for my cut. Any input/suggestions? Thinking I'll wait till at least wednesday to refeed again since thursday (thanksgiving) was the last. Anyone have more input on timing that for best advantage?

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good, got a nice standard ride in. Looking forward to MCT tonight. Should be a good day. Here's breakfast:

Eating Right Angus Burger Pocket and Whey Shake

Before anyone gets bent out of shape that Im eating this microwave monstrosity just now that it was a purchase on a whim and its actually not that bad.

Macros:

Calories: 160
    Protein: 10g
    Carbs: 12g
    Fat: 9g

Not terrible, its a quick source of protein for me and I could identify and pronounce every ingredient on the label, no fake taste. Low calories, decently low carb. It's all good. I tend to eat much much more whole foods these days but I saw these and saw the macros and thought, why not? Actually pretty tasty and not that I ever crave McDonald's but if you did this would satisfy.

Sitting around this morning I have realized that I do not want to be cutting anymore. lol. I mean that's probably self explanitory and goes for pretty much anyone. Its just the way I've felt some of the days lately. Its not the restriction so much, its that I want to lift hard and really push myself and being in a defecit all the time with as hard as I push myself is so draining. I cant wait to bulk so I can eat a little more relaxed like and then just smash it in the gym. But for now its ok, I'm probably just missing all the carbs I could ever want. I'll make sure to take advantage of this refeed this week.

So there yea have it, going to pack up a lunch and some snacks for work today and relax a little before heading out.

Watch me do work
    vvvvv

Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ataraxic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    quads are looking prettty solid. Must be the goat cheese.

Can you post the macros on that Spinach Salad w/ chicken?