xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Small room, what to do?

I'm in a bit of a bind...

I already own a Body Solid GPR378 rack, which has been working out great! Currently it's in my basement. However I am moving out soon and while the rack will fit in the laundry room, there's really no room for a 7' bar. I attached an image of the floorplan of the laundry room, and yes this is the only room it will work in unfortunately. The rack should fit in there, but the bar I'm concerned about.

As an FYI, I'm not concerned about being able to move inside the laundry room, but we will be doing laundry in there so the machines need to stay! Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I just don't want to pay for a gym membership.
    Attached Images
    wannagoheavy: This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can you do a 6' bar?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xyeLz View Post
    I'm in a bit of a bind...

I already own a Body Solid GPR378 rack, which has been working out great! Currently it's in my basement. However I am moving out soon and while the rack will fit in the laundry room, there's really no room for a 7' bar. I attached an image of the floorplan of the laundry room, and yes this is the only room it will work in unfortunately. The rack should fit in there, but the bar I'm concerned about.

As an FYI, I'm not concerned about being able to move inside the laundry room, but we will be doing laundry in there so the machines need to stay! Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. I just don't want to pay for a gym membership.

(Diagram embedded in quote.)

Can you move the machine that's against the right wall? Maybe move it against the bottom wall. That gives you space for your rack and a seven foot bar against the upper wall.

I'm guessing that it'll be hard to move though as there are probably hoses, power cables, etc.

The six foot bar idea could work if you put the rack against the bottom wall. It'll be tight though.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    truly, this is a unique situation. haven't seen a power rack in the laundry room yet on this board.

cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i.imgur.com/mTmuji2.jpg

This is about the only way I see that working. Soon I can embed

Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Put the TV in the laundry room and put your rack and bench in the living room.

Problem solved.

xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10) xyeLz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks all for the help so far. I appreciate you putting that image together for me too.

I'll need to go and check and see if the machines can be moved. There definitely is hosing/plumbing and power cords and they are indeed on that side of the wall so I'm not sure if I can move it over.

If I can't, would a 6' bar work with the Body Solid GPR378? I've never seen a 6' bar before. What about a 5' bar? Is it just the area where you put the weights that gets smaller?
    wannagoheavy: This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cux View Post

This is about the only way I see that working. Soon I can embed
    Yeah, that's what I had in mind when I recommended moving the machine on the right hand wall. It looks awfully cramped though. Can't imagine it'll be all that easy to lift or do laundry.

Another option is to start using different, more compact equipment. You'll probably need to change your routine/program somewhat though.

Originally Posted by xyeLz View Post
    ... would a 6' bar work with the Body Solid GPR378? I've never seen a 6' bar before. What about a 5' bar? Is it just the area where you put the weights that gets smaller?
    It'll depend upon the bar, though I doubt that there are any 5' bars that'll work. When purchasing a 6' bar, you'll want to take a careful look at the distance between the inner sleeve collars.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Normal 6' bars don't fit in racks. You have to make sure it's a special one with short sleeves.

This room will be very cramped with any rack in it, even if you move laundry machines. Without moving anything, you can make do with just a barbell, maybe a trap bar with raised platform to substitute for safe back squats.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-