Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Deadlift form checks, if you please (15k reps)

Have always felt uncomfortable with deadlift. Hopefully I can get some help with anything you want to throw at me, including form, mental cues, and deadlift programming. I feel like I haven't made progress on deadlift in forever. Also unsure which stance is best for me, so did conventional first, then sumo, and finally a sort of hybrid that I've seen Stan Efferding do, though after conventional I was pretty fatigued. Thank you! (oops i have less reps than i thought my bad)

toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Conventional- Your hips start to rise a little early before your torso bad not too bad. Also pull the slack out and push the chest out more.
    Sumo- Gotta be more upright. You're pulling with too much of an angle. Try "tea bagging the bar" and sitting back more.

toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) toolazieguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also what is your current programming for deadlifts.

bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by toolazieguy View Post
    Also what is your current programming for deadlifts.
    Thanks for the tips. It really hasn't been consistent honestly. Did try some Coan/Phillipi for a bit but didn't add any weight to my lift.

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't look too bad to me. I'd say that your hips to rise a bit early. The best way I have found to fix that is to just actively think about your shoulders and chest rising before the hips do, sort of like a lever.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pull back not up. it should keep your hips down in the initial part of the lift.

your lockouts are quick. hold that bar there and confirm the lift.

with sumo, your hips are way too far back. work on spreading your knees and opening the hips up

have you been pulling mainly conventional?

what i have found works best is deadlifting less, working on altered range of motion pulls instead, and building the lats and traps
    gym lifts/competition lifts

squat ???/650
    bench 545/435
    deadlift 600/601

Penn State Powerlifting

Originally Posted by scorpionsf View Post

have you been pulling mainly conventional?

what i have found works best is deadlifting less, working on altered range of motion pulls instead, and building the lats and traps
    yes mainly conventional. so maybe deficits would be good for me? i feel like i've done a good job building my back and that my back, glutes, and hamstrings are stronger than what i am able to deadlift (on recharge will rep you here in a bit)

Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The first conventional was the best by far, but you still had too much of a forward lean.

The rolling bar is a good indicator that your triceps and lats are not locked. Not only should the bar be stationary before the lift, your weight should be disposed against it with enough tension to cause a slight bend. Your mechanics are heavily reliant on quads and erectors, which is why that Sumo failed before it started. You have to get deep, which means improving adductor and hamstring flexibility and increasing abductor and glute (hip extension) strength.
    Instructor at NPTI Philadelphia / PhD Student of Human Sexuality

http://www.********.com/NPTIPA

http://doyouevenlick.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Segugio View Post
    improving adductor and hamstring flexibility and increasing abductor and glute (hip extension) strength.
    any tips on this? i do the joe defranco limber 11 but still lack a lot of mobility but not sure what to add to make my hamstrings more flexible. they're always very tight

Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    any tips on this? i do the joe defranco limber 11 but still lack a lot of mobility but not sure what to add to make my hamstrings more flexible. they're always very tight
    Self myofascial release (foam roller on larger muscles, lacrosse ball on target areas), static stretching + reciprocal inhibition. Most people's hamstrings are very tight (mine included). They require a lot of work, but it will eventually pay off. Frequent hip flexor stretching (I prefer the prone or "cobra" stretch) also goes a long way in preventing excessive anterior tilt and hamstring loading.

Personal note: I strongly dislike the process of foam rolling, but inconvenient and counter-intuitive as it is, it really works.

Samoset is a genie deadliftdang's Avatar
    deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely agree with the foam rolling. Stretch your hamstrings on off days - take your leg and put it up on an object and stretch those ****ers.

Your form looks great to me other than the hips rising a little early which is something that is NOT that big of a deal and just needs to be worked on. My only problem with your form is this rolling of the bar you seem to do a lot. I would stop that. It prevents you from getting everything tight and ready. Your lats and triceps should be tight before you pull and rolling the bar across the gym is not conducive to that. I never had that problem because we have a deadlift platform at my main gym so you can't roll it. Maybe you should consider that if you have access to one.
    Focus - the key?

Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fizzik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea your sumo form looked like a wide stance conventional pull. Check this video out of Dave Tate great perspective of the sumo DL.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8Sx9dX9LM

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think it's 100% needed to look up while you deadlift aka have chin Parallel to the ground. Get more of a neutral spine with chin tucked in.
    *Faps before and after Fapaholics anonymous class crew
    *Sniffs the angus hard during 69 crew
    *Likes it a bit stanky crew
    *Googled Shane Diesel more then once and was scured crew
    *Fuked 30-40 bishes and dink doesnt even get fully hard anymore crew
    *Took a swab of my cum after i fapped cuz GF complained it tasted like salt crew
    *Locker room fluffer crew
    *Loves musky ass smell when smashing bishes from behind Crew

SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SdvsB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SdvsB View Post
    I don't think it's 100% needed to look up while you deadlift aka have chin Parallel to the ground. Get more of a neutral spine with chin tucked in.
    Not that I'm claiming this man is anything special but i remember watching an Elliot vid on YouTube where he corrected a guys form with a PVC pipe. Basically the pipe had to touch the same 3 spots on the rear side of the lifter during the entire lift.

Edit: noticed in first vid
    *Took a swab of my cum after i fapped cuz GF complained it tasted like salt crew

eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000) eltigar is just really nice. (+1000)
    is it just me or did i see you un-brace your upper body just before you let go of the bar ?
    looked like you just relaxed completely.
    i find that good mornings help with developing hip power.
    maybe if you add some around your deadlift training it will translate for you aswell.
    3 cans of tuna a day crew.
    Finally figured out the headaches crew.

Originally Posted by SdvsB View Post
    They don't have to be mutually exclusive. I tell my athletes to keep chin tucked and eyes locked at 45.

Though I suppose chin parallel with the head pulled way back (as in the Tate video) incorporates a far greater degree of flexion than it would with the head forward, so they might both be achieving neutral spine through different means.

This is video i was speaking off. Hes working with someone else but still some good tips if you watch it.

ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ffguitarist14 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looked pretty solid bro. The hips rising early is an easy fix just keep that in your head before the lift and you should be good. Good luck my man!
    780/425/805
    2000 total @ 242

-Sub: youtube.com/user/coolpapa148
    -instagram: sheridanstrength

thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Form wise, you are not doing anything terrible. So stuff that can be improved, yes, but nothing that is too awful. Strength wise, just have to hammer away at PC strength and keep deadlifting.

If I recall correctly, your back and quads are very strong, so your hamstrings may not quite be on par yet. This will lead to a funny looking sequence and an uncomfortable feel. Assistance work that includes GHRs, SLDL/RDL and maybe deficit deads would benefit you.

Other than that, cue pulling back during your warmups and keep consistent.

Lastly....long time no see. Hope all is well.
    Strongman Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138026593