Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    Dog was found in a ditch in a rural part of WV. Had been struck by a car and fractures his hind leg in several places. Facing euthanization, enough $$$ was raised to keep him alive & amputate. I paid the additional amount of $$ to salvage his leg. Im taking him home this afternoon. (had successful surgery yesterday).

He appear to be 2-3 years old (which is what the vet suspects) any horror stories on taking in a pit?

any advice?

thanks dudes

Name is Hogan
    Thats a pretty boy. Good job on rescue.Mine is a rescue and the only 'horror story' i have is when we first got her and she was getting used to the house, she was chewing stuff. Get a kong and a nylabone for him to chew. Pits and pit mixes are athletic. They like to be outside, chasing a ball or just walking. Mine has taken to running next to me while i'm on my bicycle. Really good workout for her, and as a bonus if you run him on sidewalk/street, it will naturally wear the nails front and back. If you don't do that, he's going to probably rip stuff because pitties are strong in their limbs. If nails aren't trimmed then all it takes is for the dog to just be laying on a couch or bed, stretch and a nail catch and now you've got a gash in your fabric.

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    Thats a pretty boy. Good job on rescue.Mine is a rescue and the only 'horror story' i have is when we first got her and she was getting used to the house, she was chewing stuff. Get a kong and a nylabone for him to chew. Pits and pit mixes are athletic. They like to be outside, chasing a ball or just walking. Mine has taken to running next to me while i'm on my bicycle. Really good workout for her, and as a bonus if you run him on sidewalk/street, it will naturally wear the nails front and back. If you don't do that, he's going to probably rip stuff because pitties are strong in their limbs. If nails aren't trimmed then all it takes is for the dog to just be laying on a couch or bed, stretch and a nail catch and now you've got a gash in your fabric.

good advice. just got new leather couches in the living room and family room. until he heals up, hes limited to the laundry room & basement
    #Penis

Registered User betterthangoode's Avatar
    betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    where all the anti pit ****s today. mod thread so you pussies wont speak up?
    "There are no limits. There are only plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."

***WetBreasts is gonna make it crew***
    ***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by betterthangoode View Post
    bingo lol. I actually had a dream about a pit last night
    Redskins•O's•Wizards

One tall ass Polak tranceNhouse's Avatar
    tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tranceNhouse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hate pit bulls. They look like pigs. (srs).

U mad I don't give a chit and will speak my mind?
    6'5 master race.

****!!FLORIDA CREW!!****
    ****!!POLSKA CREW!!****

NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NDW150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Entering this thread at risk of being negged to oblivion because age but Im glad you saved his life, and you will be too. Pits are goofy, playful, loyal, high energy dogs that love being part of the family. They are very inept to emotion and have really human-like personalities. Get the basics down like house/obedience training, walking on leash, etc. and make sure he gets comfortable with his new environment. Exercise is essential (i walk my pit Hughbert at least an hour a day) and if you can intro him to other dogs and animals to see how he does. Contrary to popular belief, very few pits are actually aggressive. Mine isnt, and when I volunteered at a Pit bull only shelter none of them were even though they had **** lives before rescue. So anyway great choice, they are the best dogs
    Starting stats: 5 ft 10 in
    150 lbs
    15% bf
    Current: 154 lbs

UNFORTUNATELY out for multiple strains

Healing to 100%, then I restart bulk

As of right now, Im not gonna make it

betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tranceNhouse View Post
    I hate pit bulls. They look like pigs. (srs).

U mad I don't give a chit and will speak my mind?
    na respect that a lot more then being a bitch over little red squares. that i doubt tp would deliver anyway.

but your a punk ass bitch for thinking my aesthetic thick solid tight pit is ugly
    "There are no limits. There are only plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."

***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was always weary of pits to be honest. Never saw myself EVER owning one but f*ck, that dogs save was just screaming " someone help" so at first I just donated $100 to keep him alive. Them I got some friends to donate. So we made it to $600 to save his life. Then I thought I've already done so much for him why not just foster him until he's healthy. I work in orthopedic surgery so I'm familiar with external fixation, medication, rehab and dressing/ bandages so it was a perfect match. So I paid the additional $$$ to save his leg. Went out and bought the fancy dog food, bowls, crate and toys.

Then I met him and was shocked at how he walked over and sat on my feet like he knew I paid $$$ to save his life & leg and like he knew he was coming home with me.
    #Penis

Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have 7 APBT right now. Owned 9 in my life and am into working them for shows; conformation, weight pull, and treadmill races. Any questions you have about them, just ask.

Being in WV and it not looking like a bully, you probably have a solid dog from decent blood. Srs

"Pits" are terriers so expect for him to be energetic. And regardless what people tell you, they are more than likely going to be animal aggressive. They've been bred for bloodsport for over 200 years. It's not something that is forgotten in a generation of breeding. Some are calmer but never expect a pit not to fight. Take precautions and you'll be ok. They might not start it, but they'll end it. Most pit attacks are from people that don't know the breed history and think they are just like every other dog. If you approach it like that, you'll have problems.
    Last edited by Messier_Object; 09-07-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    "An injury to one, is an injury to all. Workers of the world, unite!"

https://www.iww.org/

I was always weary of pits to be honest. Never saw myself EVER owning one but f*ck, that dogs save was just screaming " someone help" so at first I just donated $100 to keep him alive. Them I got some friends to donate. So we made it to $600 to save his life. Then I thought I've already done so much for him why not just foster him until he's healthy. I work in orthopedic surgery so I'm familiar with external fixation, medication, rehab and dressing/ bandages so it was a perfect match. So I paid the additional $$$ to save his leg. Went out and bought the fancy dog food, bowls, crate and toys.

Then I met him and was shocked at how he walked over and sat on my feet like he knew I paid $$$ to save his life & leg and like he knew he was coming home with me.
    promise that little guy will continue to change your mind about the breed as long as your willing to put in the work on your end which you obviously are since you've already done a lot. any idea on if the leg will ever be 100% again?

Originally Posted by Messier_Object View Post
    I have 7 APBT right now. Owned 9 in my life and am into working them for shows; conformation, weight pull, and treadmill races. Any questions you have about them, just ask.

Being in WV and it not looking like a bully, you probably have a solid dog from decent blood. Srs
    my dog is a female pitbull about 9 months now fixed at 6 months. parents went away on vacation and it was just me and the dog and i broke her of most of her bad habits by being consistent with my training. they came home about a week ago. just recently like last night and the day before shes been trying to hump me clearly a sign of dominate behavior. i have been slacking on getting her out of the house and exercised this past week where last week i was getting her out 2-3 hours daily. any suggestions or do you think exercise will solve most of it.

***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antifarer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pitty owner crew checking in

while theres a chance he was dumped for no good reason at all (such as too timid to guard/fight), always keep in mind the possibility that he was dumped by an incompetent owner for some kind of behavioural hangup they didnt know how to fix. watch everything he does closely to understand the individual

also make sure all the introductions are slow and gentle - kids, other animals, adult strangers, and especially other dogs. hopefully you have some experience with other dogs and know enough about dog body language to stop a situation before it goes bad. otherwise it might be worth finding someone (trainer) to help test that stuff out for you. identifying stuff early means he wont end up getting punished for your ignorance to his past

anyway good job OP. friend for life if you do everything right
    Last edited by Antifarer; 09-07-2013 at 10:29 AM.

jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jimberee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sounds like it should have been put down

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Once you get a pit, you see that all that b.s you hear about this is just that. There is nothing about my dog that is violent towards humans. She's not even really violent toward dogs but she's strong compared to her size/mass. She doesn't bite but every now and then she'll accidentally get a mouth full of arm. I can tell that if she really wanted to, she could mangle a limb. Pits are surprisingly fast too. And generally they are smart, train easy. They are almost too smart, get hardheaded...almost have an opinion on things, sometimes that can be a hindrance to trainin

Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Messier_Object is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my dog is a female pitbull about 9 months now fixed at 6 months. parents went away on vacation and it was just me and the dog and i broke her of most of her bad habits by being consistent with my training. they came home about a week ago. just recently like last night and the day before shes been trying to hump me clearly a sign of dominate behavior. i have been slacking on getting her out of the house and exercised this past week where last week i was getting her out 2-3 hours daily. any suggestions or do you think exercise will solve most of it.
    Fixing a dog won't change their mature behavior. Most likely, she's entering that *teen* phase. Exercise will help A LOT. A tired dog is a happy dog. When I slack on exercising mine, they get restless, destructive, clingy, and if they are put up in my above ground kennel without work for a couple days, nippy.

Look up how to make a flirt pole. It's the best conditioning tool I have. I also have a dog treadmill and a weight pulling cart. But for $5 you can make a flirt pole. That and a ball will wear your dog out.

Walk her until she goes to the bathroom, do about two 2 minute sessions with the pole and walk her until she's not breathing heavy. You'll be surprised how much bang for your buck you'll get doing a 5 minute pole session. Do it in grass and check the pads after. Add time as needed.

TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000) TheNDawg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yo man, they chill!

NUFC <3

☆☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆☆

✪ Fandango Crew ✪

You gon get repped back, son!

michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michvlamar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No horror stories only awesome stories brah. My pit is really smart but like I've been told by some other pit owners they're pretty stubborn and hard headed (figuratively). Be patient but firm when training them. They also have a ton of energy so when that leg heals make sure to work him out daily or else he'llwaist his energy by destroying your household items. Would buy you a beer irl for what you're doing.
    "everybody wants to be a President but nobody wants to respond to no controversial issues"
    -Ronnie Paul

|Pitbull Crew|

Originally Posted by Messier_Object View Post
    Fixing a dog won't change their mature behavior. Most likely, she's entering that *teen* phase. Exercise will help A LOT. A tired dog is a happy dog. When I slack on exercising mine, they get restless, destructive, clingy, and if they are put up in my above ground kennel without work for a couple days, nippy.

Look up how to make a flirt pole. It's the best conditioning tool I have. I also have a dog treadmill and a weight pulling cart. But for $5 you can make a flirt pole. That and a ball will wear your dog out.

Walk her until she goes to the bathroom, do about two 2 minute sessions with the pole and walk her until she's not breathing heavy. You'll be surprised how much bang for your buck you'll get doing a 5 minute pole session. Do it in grass and check the pads after. Add time as needed.
    i made her a spring pole not high off the ground because i was worried about her joints since shes a pup and to be honest thought it might make her aggressive watching her hang from the thing lol. ill defiantly look into that and get her back out on walks (actually got her out for a half hour this morning before work) thanks for the advice.
    someone rep this man im on recharge.

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good advice. just got new leather couches in the living room and family room. until he heals up, hes limited to the laundry room & basement
    Either train him to stay off furniture (I couldn't with my dog because I like when he lays next to me while I'm just chillin) or put blankets on the furniture. It shouldn't be a problem though if you clip his nails regularly. I'd start doing it right away so he gets use to you clipping his nails otherwise your dog could end up hating it like mine and then it becomes a very stressful battle every time.
    █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█ █♣█
    UWO Alumni '12
    Canadian Crew
    Dallas Stars Fanatic

Originally Posted by michvlamar View Post
    No horror stories only awesome stories brah. My pit is really smart but like I've been told by some other pit owners they're pretty stubborn and hard headed (figuratively). Be patient but firm when training them. They also have a ton of energy so when that leg heals make sure to work him out daily or else he'llwaist his energy by destroying your household items. Would buy you a beer irl for what you're doing.
    Truth. They are unlike any other breed I've worked with. They know what they like, and what they don't like. It's a pain trying to get a stubborn dog into shape. I have some that run the mill, and others that despite it. Some will do sprint and bite work, others that will only do an exercise for a short amount of time.

Hell, I had to basically carry one dog after walking half a block because he hates it, but will work a pole until his pads rip off.

PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a pit named Diesel. You will love your pit best thing I've done in my life.

PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PTBAW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by michvlamar View Post
    The are hard headed. It's true tho. Smart but stubborn my pit was chasing a squirrel and went head first into the tree and just bounced off with a smile ahah.

i made her a spring pole not high off the ground because i was worried about her joints since shes a pup and to be honest thought it might make her aggressive watching her hang from the thing lol. ill defiantly look into that and get her back out on walks (actually got her out for a half hour this morning before work) thanks for the advice.
    someone rep this man im on recharge.
    Lol.. no a spring pole is fine. I've used them before but prefer playing tug o war with them myself. It should be high enough they have to reach for it, but are able to pull it down so their front legs can touch the ground. It won't make a dog aggressive and is a great way to teach them to breathe properly if they are tired and carrying something in their mouth.

HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HSeries is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's all about how you raise a Pit. Mine recently had to be put down because she was so old, but she was such a great dog. Got her when she was a puppy. Raised her around small children, had a kitten at one point. She was always playful and very lovey. Great dogs if you raise them correctly. Never had any issues. RIP my pit.

MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrCompulsiveX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is great. It breaks my heart to see any animals hurt or abused. I grew up on a farm and saw life and death on a regular basis but for some reason having been desensitized to human "things" that go wrong, it kills me still to this day to see animals mistreated or hurt probably just because they can't reason or comprehend like we do.

Bravo for doing what you did.

As far as "horror" stories, I wouldn't focus so much on the breed. Its really individual and is more of a nurture versus nature type thing but a lot of people may be a bit reserved when they see your pitbull. I would think about doing obedience classes and socialization classes, at least to see how the dog acts, and then just make sure its ok with a hand reaching for its food and other "protective things. Congrats on your new dog.
    **If any information in my posts helps you, take a moment to let me know somehow**
    The above information is not medical advice nor intended to be used in place of it

Exercise Physiology BS/MS, CSCS, Injury Rehabilitation Specialist

Realistic before being realistic was the in thing.

◆◆MrCompulsiveX chases his dreams◆◆ A log of chasing the most valuable commodity
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155576083&page=1

JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000) JimmyRustlebrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cute dog OP wouldpet/10

never heard of any horror stories personally, a couple of my friends own Pits and they are very friendly dogs, not really any different than other dog breeds, i hate how their reputation is jeopardised because there are a lot of fukheads out there using them as tools/weapons
    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***

++ Positive Crew ++

>>YNWA<<

shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shroomed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My advice: Get him tested ASAP for fleas, nematedos (roundworm), tapeworm, and if not already rabies and fleas. Last thing lots of people want to think about when they get their cute new dog but there are a lot of parasitic arthropods and diseases dogs can transmit to humans so get that checked.

OP: kinda OT, but if you are only feeding one dog there is a really cheap raw diet. I use it during show season and it costs about $0.26/serving.

Buy a bag of chicken quarters
    Large tub of lard
    50lb bag rice
    Cheap human multi

Feed per day:
    1/2 chicken quarter
    1c rice
    1Tbs lard
    1/2 multi

You can add some other things if you want but this is good for about a 35-50lb dog.

quick video i found about the flirt pole if any others are interested.
    http://vimeo.com/26279876

***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

Originally Posted by MomasBoyOnline View Post
    he looks so sad, man. hopefully he trusts you and lets you take care of him and doesnt wreck your place and appreciates you treating him good

you moved pretty quickly too tho because dont i remember seeing you say you were gonna get a dog from the pound whenever you decide to get one? i wanna do this too for my next dog, must feel better than just buying one from a breeder

I usually donate to the humane society every couple of months. Logged on and saw him on the first page.
    #Penis