cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Robert Kennedy Publishing Gone

I missed this, but apparently the company was closed in June, bankrupt. I had wondered why I suddenly could no longer get reps or MM on zinio. Actually found the blog post, apparently, some employees got the shaft. Sad, I loved Reps, and have a copy of the Encyclopedia of BodyBuilding. I'd half-hoped things would continue after Mr. Kennedy had passed. Sadly, not to be. No idea what if anything will happen to the magazines, if they'll be revived or what. Comparing earlier editions of Reps (2010) to the last one in July, what a change, slimmer, more geared to crossfit, less to weights.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    His wife tried to continue on but between declining magazine sales and owning a sh*tty magazine titles that company was doomed as soon as Robert passed away.
    In all honesty, MuscleMag was on the quality decline for a looong time.

cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    His wife tried to continue on but between declining magazine sales and owning a sh*tty magazine titles that company was doomed as soon as Robert passed away.
    In all honesty, MuscleMag was on the quality decline for a looong time.
    How do you feel about Flex and Muscle & Fitness? Got them both for a year free due to a promotion (no credit card needed either). Just trying to find a quality source of info for when I'm not on bb.com

littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Muscle mag used to be the best one to me. Now everybody gets MD bro

Originally Posted by littlemike23 View Post
    Muscle mag used to be the best one to me. Now everybody gets MD bro
    What's the benefit of MD over the other two? Especially at $80 a year for Canada....nuts.

littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlemike23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dn't read magazines at all, been a few years since I bought one. I just know that the popular one people get is MD
    Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
    What's the benefit of MD over the other two? Especially at $80 a year for Canada....nuts.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How do you feel about Flex and Muscle & Fitness? Got them both for a year free due to a promotion (no credit card needed either). Just trying to find a quality source of info for when I'm not on bb.com
    Hands down MD.

Hands down MD.
    How come? What makes this better than the other ones (esp considering the $80/yr price tag, wonder if digital)?

How come? What makes this better than the other ones (esp considering the $80/yr price tag, wonder if digital)?
    FYI --- They are online and their content differs online from the paper mag.
    They have good pro's under contract with them, both online and the mag.
    Great research section on almost everything to do with lifting, AAS discussion happens and there is a nattie feature written by Dr. Layne Norton, Gregg Valentino's column is one of the long time hits of MD, loads of bodybuilding coverage from all over the world but they most often focus on previews of upcoming big pro shows.
    I could go on but really, even reading the 1st 1/2 of MD blows Flex and M&F out the window.

FYI --- They are online and their content differs online from the paper mag.
    They have good pro's under contract with them, both online and the mag.
    Great research section on almost everything to do with lifting, AAS discussion happens and there is a nattie feature written by Dr. Layne Norton, Gregg Valentino's column is one of the long time hits of MD, loads of bodybuilding coverage from all over the world but they most often focus on previews of upcoming big pro shows.
    I could go on but really, even reading the 1st 1/2 of MD blows Flex and M&F out the window.
    AAS? Guess I'll go to the store and check it out.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Stopped reading MuscleMag International back when they started using Muscle Tech ads in place of of real training/nutrition articles. Never went back.

Muscle & Fitness isn't relevant to bodybuilders, and Flex is nothing more than a supplement catalog. The sup ads are pretty hilarious though, at least to anyone who can access PubMed, JISSN, JN, or any other science-based source of real info to use to cut through the ridiculous over-the-top bull**** claimed in those ads.

Haven't picked up a copy of MD since Steve Blechman decided to make it an 'all natty' publication back in the '90s. I'm guessing that didn't last long, but I never stuck around to find out.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Stopped reading MuscleMag International back when they started using Muscle Tech ads in place of of real training/nutrition articles. Never went back.

Muscle & Fitness isn't relevant to bodybuilders, and Flex is nothing more than a supplement catalog. The sup ads are pretty hilarious though, at least to anyone who can access PubMed, JISSN, JN, or any other science-based source of real info to use to cut through the ridiculous over-the-top bull**** claimed in those ads.

Haven't picked up a copy of MD since Steve Blechman decided to make it an 'all natty' publication back in the '90s. I'm guessing that didn't last long, but I never stuck around to find out.
    Fair enough, is there one you'd recommend?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Fair enough, is there one you'd recommend?
    Not firsthand. But if you're looking for a magazine to read, trust ArchAngel'73's judgment and pick up a copy of MD.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000) rkillam is just really nice. (+1000)
    ANS Performance Brand Developement Mgr & Athlete
    Follow @RkThinkFit

RED MONKEY HATS >>> www.redmonkeylifestyle.com/#_a_Rachel

Iron, yup already did, can't wait to dig in and see if I like it. Not aiming (yet) for that level, but if any know how to be optimally strong and healthy, it would be bodybuilders. Don't GAS about being pretty. Just strong, as that'll help my Ninpo. And I'll look good nekkid for my wife. Priorities, yes I haz them. Rkilliam, I did see that, but too early to tell what they'll morph into.

sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sexnews has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Boulder, Colorado (September 3, 2013) – Active Interest Media, Inc. (AIM) President and Chief Operating Officer Andy Clurman has announced that the company has acquired three enthusiast publications from Robert Kennedy Publishing, adding to its growing portfolio of enthusiast magazines, events, websites and digital and social media platforms. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

The assets include Oxygen, a leading health and fitness magazine for women (www.oxygenmag.com); Clean Eating, featuring cutting-edge nutritional information, recipes and menu plans across a spectrum of diets (www.cleaneatingmag.com); and MuscleMag International, one of the original and most beloved bodybuilding magazines (www.musclemag.com).

“We are thrilled to acquire these market-leading brands,” says Clurman. “These titles are standout subscription and newsstand performers that fit naturally within AIM’s Healthy Living Group, and both expand and deepen our reach in the epicurean and fitness categories.” AIM’s other titles in this area include Yoga Journal, Vegetarian Times, Muscle and Performance, The Box, and Blackbelt.

With the addition of these titles, AIM’s Healthy Living Group reaches over nine million consumers interested in living a healthy and active lifestyle – a category projected to grow 11.6% by 2017*. “Consumer interest and ad spending in this category continue to grow,” says Clurman. “With AIM’s considerable resources behind these brands, we look forward to a successful, bright future.”

About Active Interest Media, Inc.:

Active Interest Media, Inc. (AIM, www.aimmedia.com) is a leading publisher of enthusiast consumer shows and publications across all media platforms. AIM’s titles include Yoga Journal, Backpacker, Vegetarian Times, Yachts International, SAIL, Power & Motoryacht, Black Belt, American Cowboy, Practical Horseman Log Home Living, Old House Journal and many more. The company’s five publishing groups–the Equine Network, the Home Buyer Group, the Healthy Living Group, the Marine Group, and the Outdoor Group–reach more than 10 million readers in 85 countries around the world.

AIM was formed by Wind Point Partners, a private equity investment firm with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Southfield, Michigan, in partnership with CEO Efrem “Skip” Zimbalist III, in October 2003.

About Wind Point Partners:

Wind Point Partners (www.wppartners.com) is a private equity investment firm with over $1.8 billion in capital under management and locations in Chicago, IL and Southfield, MI. Wind Point’s strategy is to team with top caliber CEOs to acquire solid middle market businesses with a clear path to value creation. Wind Point has an excellent track record of success, and has invested in more than 80 companies since 1984.

*IHRSA Research Department

Subscribers: Your subscription will resume with the November issue and we pledge that you will receive all the issues that you have paid for. To Read More…

For more information:
    Dayna Macy
    Communications Director, Active Interest Media
    dmacy@aimmedia.com