Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Staying Perky with Dat Dere Jerky..........Review Log

This will be my first time ever having Perky Jerky. Plan to try each bag at separate times when the need for that extra protein packed snack arises. Will be posting a review on each separate flavored bag as they are consumed. Im also dieting at the moment so this is going to be a big help when those cravings hit. My initial thoughts on this product after receiving my package is how well packaged these are. Very nice foil packaging with a very cool different description on each flavor. Plan to start this log tomorrow with a shot at the original flavor ultra premium beef jerky. Mouth is watering already!

Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pe...eef-jerky.html

Original Flavor Beef

Smell: Very strong smell of soy sauce which completely masked any beef smell coming from the bag.

Texture: Extremely soft and moist. I have personally never had a jerky that was this moist and soft. Kind of odd at first bite considering I am use to eating a more traditional dry style jerky. This product had no resemblance of connective tissue that can make traditional jerky stringy and hard to chew. Definitely a premium cut beef!

Taste: Initial strong flavor of soy sauce which almost turned me away from this original flavor. After a couple bites my taste buds adjusted but I didn't like the fact there just wasn't much of a beef flavor. The flavoring from the soy sauce was over powering.

Overall Satisfaction: I was let down from the over powering flavor from the soy sauce used in this product. I would have liked to have actually tasted the meat itself instead of the heavy flavoring. The flavoring is the only reason this didn't score high. I loved the texture and the quality of the jerky. Very top notch, probably best quality of meat I have had in a jerky product. The amount was enough to give me a snack but I would have preferred to have gotten enough protein to at least match a scoop of protein powder.

Rating

Original Flavor Turkey

Smell: Light smell of soy sauce and pepper.

Texture: Extremely soft and moist consistent with the original beef. Smaller cut pieces than the beef.

Taste: Even though it has a smell of soy sauce there is hardly a hint of it in the taste. Strong black pepper flavor with a satisfying after taste.

Overall Satisfaction: I was very impressed with this turkey jerky compared to the beef from the previous review. So far the turkey is by far my favorite of the two. Cant wait to try the other turkey flavors.

Rating

PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for both the great posts - look forward to reading what you have to say about our other flavors! The Teriyaki flavor will be heavier on soy as it is a main aspect of the taste. Our other flavors - Hot & Bothered and Sweet & Spicy - have a more peppery flavor profile.
    PerkyJerky company rep

T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T2TL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stuff looks amazing. I really am interested in trying out some of these flavors. Gonna be one of those things that has to wait being on a budget and all but I like having some sort of jerky to help even out my macros as a snack. I'm sure it tastes a lot better than the stuff they sell at the convenience store. Nice review

Originally Posted by T2TL View Post
    Stuff looks amazing. I really am interested in trying out some of these flavors. Gonna be one of those things that has to wait being on a budget and all but I like having some sort of jerky to help even out my macros as a snack. I'm sure it tastes a lot better than the stuff they sell at the convenience store. Nice review
    FAR exceeds the other brands you have ever bought at a convenience store. I believe this is being sold at a lot of places now. The card that was in my package shows some big name retailers and convenience stores.

PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PerkyJerky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by T2TL View Post
    Did you know we have a buy 3, get 1 free deal right now? You can check it out at our store on bb.com!
    PerkyJerky company rep

Well I hit the trails this weekend with a few newbies in the tow truck and tried a few bags. Will get the reviews up once I go over my initial notes.

Sweet & Spicy Beef

Smell: Light pepper smell and the average smell of soy sauce but very mild.

Texture: Extremely soft and moist consistent with the original beef. Larger cut pieces than the original beef. Pepper visible on the jerky.

Taste: Has a sweet almost maple type flavor to it at first bite. Not spicy at all while eating. The aftertaste is where the spiciness kicks in. Not so spicy that your mouth burns but you know it.

Overall Satisfaction: Very impressed with this flavor. Was very enjoyable to eat. I tended to chew slower to savor the flavor a tad bit longer.

Rating

Sweet & Spicy Turkey

Smell: Not much of a smell at all other than the normal soy sauce smell.

Texture: Extremely soft and moist consistent with the other flavors. Small pieces in this bag and more slivered up than actual pieces.

Taste: By far my favorite one thus far. Flavor is perfect very mild sweet flavor with a spicy after taste. Seems the turkey holds a better flavor than the beef in my opinion.
    Overall Satisfaction: My favorite so far. Well definitely be buying this flavor in the future. My only complaint on it was that the pieces were so small. Takes more effort to get some out of the bag and then your hand becomes greasy from the inside of the bag.

Rating

Wow - awesome to see you think highly of our meats! 5 stars is pretty dang high rating, we'll take it! Great job with the reviews.
    PerkyJerky company rep

Originally Posted by PerkyJerky View Post
    Wow - awesome to see you think highly of our meats! 5 stars is pretty dang high rating, we'll take it! Great job with the reviews.
    They are worthy of it. Thanks I should have my reviews of the last flavors up tonight. Had a long weekend of offroading to try the rest.

Originally Posted by Bring_The_Pain View Post
    They are worthy of it. Thanks I should have my reviews of the last flavors up tonight. Had a long weekend of offroading to try the rest.
    Nice - Wish we were there too! Looking forward to it.
    PerkyJerky company rep