meverett7889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Macros for Fat loss

Macros for fat loss and muscle gain: Alright everyone I'm frustrated and depressed with this crap. I'm in the military and we have weight requirements. I have always been around my max which is 150. I am usually around 143. I stay in the gym all the time, but lately I've really gotten into lifting and I want to start competing in bodybuilding/fitness competitions. So here is my problem. About a month ago I went to the field for an op in Australia and shot up to 147. When I came back it hit the gym hard and started lifting everyday. I dropped back down to 143 in a week, so then I started to count my macros and continued lifting and doing cardio, I did 151p 134c 38f and I gained 3 ounces in a week. I didn't really sweat that but I really want to shred so I cut my macros to 135p 101c 45f which is about 1350 calories and I continued lifting hard and didn't do any cardio. I weighed myself today and had shot up to 147.4. Although I've gotten a lot stronger in the gym over the past 2 weeks, I'm so disheartened by gaining that much. I thought cutting my macros would help. I'm not sure if it's water weight or what but I'm discouraged. I'm not sure if my macros are right. I need to shred. I can't be this close to my max weight. I'm very strict on how I eat. I don't eat bread or pasta, no milk or cheese, very lean meats, no processed sugars, no sodas, I'm extremely strict! Please someone help. I'm 24 female weighing 147.4 but usually 143. My goal is to shred to at least 130. Can someone help me figure out my macros to shred but not lose muscle to as the Marine Corps requires a lot of physical labor from me.

GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by meverett7889 View Post
    Macros for fat loss and muscle gain: Alright everyone I'm frustrated and depressed with this crap. I'm in the military and we have weight requirements. I have always been around my max which is 150. I am usually around 143. I stay in the gym all the time, but lately I've really gotten into lifting and I want to start competing in bodybuilding/fitness competitions. So here is my problem. About a month ago I went to the field for an op in Australia and shot up to 147. When I came back it hit the gym hard and started lifting everyday. I dropped back down to 143 in a week, so then I started to count my macros and continued lifting and doing cardio, I did 151p 134c 38f and I gained 3 ounces in a week. I didn't really sweat that but I really want to shred so I cut my macros to 135p 101c 45f which is about 1350 calories and I continued lifting hard and didn't do any cardio. I weighed myself today and had shot up to 147.4. Although I've gotten a lot stronger in the gym over the past 2 weeks, I'm so disheartened by gaining that much. I thought cutting my macros would help. I'm not sure if it's water weight or what but I'm discouraged. I'm not sure if my macros are right. I need to shred. I can't be this close to my max weight. I'm very strict on how I eat. I don't eat bread or pasta, no milk or cheese, very lean meats, no processed sugars, no sodas, I'm extremely strict! Please someone help. I'm 24 female weighing 147.4 but usually 143. My goal is to shred to at least 130. Can someone help me figure out my macros to shred but not lose muscle to as the Marine Corps requires a lot of physical labor from me.
    Well first off, if you're training as hard as you are saying you should definitely eat more than 1350 calories in a day. You don't need to worry about 3 ounces...3 ounces! There's so much in water weight flux in weighing yourself I wouldn't be concerned over a lb or two.

Id keep your protein at 40%, carb 40%, 20% fat. Usually you want to aim for about a gram of protein per lb of body weight.

meverett7889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GetFit2016 View Post
    Well first off, if you're training as hard as you are saying you should definitely eat more than 1350 calories in a day. You don't need to worry about 3 ounces...3 ounces! There's so much in water weight flux in weighing yourself I wouldn't be concerned over a lb or two.

Id keep your protein at 40%, carb 40%, 20% fat. Usually you want to aim for about a gram of protein per lb of body weight.
    So I am using this app called My Macros+ and it calculates it for me based on everything I put into it. But I'm taking in all the protein fat and carbs i am taking in equals out to be around 1300 calories. so i dont really know how to take in more and not take in too much protein fat and carbs. I am kind of just lost on exactly how many macros i should be taking in without over doing it.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calories in VS out , make sure you are tracking your calories properly and weighing everything. Miss counting is a fairly common problem for people who recently started tracking their intake.

And weight loss takes time, weight fluctuations are normal and can vary from week to week even more so for females with their monthly thing. If it keeps increasing or does not lower in a 3-4 week timespan then it's time to re-evaluation intake, calorie tracking skills and/or activity levels. Also make sure you drink enough water to avoid dehydration and get water retention.

For calculating macro and calorie need: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380403 , keep in mind those calculations are just estimates (calorie/tdee) and needs to be adjusted by real life experience over time.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000) berrywood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A 1350 the weight should be falling off. Are you weighing all the food that you consume? You should only use cups etc for liquids. Anything solid should be weighed so that your tracking is accurate. In terms of macros you require a minimum amount of protein and fat in grams, the balance comes from carbs. It's ok to trade some carbs for extra protein and fat. If you want to take in more then you need to up your overall calorie/macro goal.

1g carbs = 4 calories
    1g protein = 4 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories

GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GetFit2016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by meverett7889 View Post
    So I am using this app called My Macros+ and it calculates it for me based on everything I put into it. But I'm taking in all the protein fat and carbs i am taking in equals out to be around 1300 calories. so i dont really know how to take in more and not take in too much protein fat and carbs. I am kind of just lost on exactly how many macros i should be taking in without over doing it.
    Overall it comes down to what Znik said. The calories you consume have to be less than your calories burnt. Try to keep protein high, carbs medium, and healthy fats.

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder if you are weighing your food? Because your muscle gain suggests your actually at a surplus, since I assume your not really new to lifting you really wouldn't have noob gains. If your gestimating your intake it's really easy to misread 100-200 calories per meal, which could be an overestimation at the tune of 600 calories, making your total 1950. It's not unheard of for a woman your size to maintain at 2000 calories so your talking about a very very small deficient.

For the "weight gain" that you experienced, weight loss isn't linear and as much as 10lbs of water goes through our bodies each day, that's why we recommend sticking to it for 2-3 weeks so you can see long term progress, not day to day progress.

larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000) larrycrazy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GetFit2016 View Post
    Overall it comes down to what Znik said. The calories you consume have to be less than your calories burnt. Try to keep protein high, carbs medium, and healthy fats.
    I like this answer.Fruits and vegetables help with weight loss to.Just lift hard and heavy and make consistent progress.All should be fine
    YOU PAST THE THRESHOLD

Sponsored Logs:
    Formutech Acetyl L-Carnitine Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152258053&p=1033712133#post1033712133

Formutech Lean EFX Refined Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154758843

Bodybuilding.com's Pyro Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156613183

MuscleTech NanoVaper&Phase8 WC Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158592913

Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jbreezee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    120p
    68f
    Fill in the rest with carbs.
    I suggest you go into the nutrition section and calculate your TDEE. 1400 seems awful low for someone in military service and even for a female.