unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Any reason to be worried about going straight from 400lbs to 6-8% BF?

Hey all. As most of you have probably experienced, I have friends and family who are trying to discourage me from cutting further; they think that I am becoming unhealthily thin because of some vascularity and my fat distribution (I have some really lean areas of my body despite carrying a good deal of fat in others).

Are there any things to look out for? Any reason why one would be more concerned about a formerly obese person to go down to 10-15lbs of body fat instead of 25-30lbs (like I'm at, now)?

I've been a lot less active, currently running SS and doing no cardio or any other physical activity, so I don't think I'm running too high of a deficit.

What do you think? Kind of worried about going to just a regular GP, as they may want me to stop just to err on the side of caution. I have no problem pausing for awhile on maintenance or even waiting until I've bulked a little to get super lean, I am just not too sure how necessary -- or beneficial -- either of those options are.

Right now, my sole goal is to remove as much body fat - while preserving my LBM - as is healthily possible.
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kind of similar situation. Former fatty, want to see if I can get down to 10%BF.

Family and especially wife are wondering what the heck I'm doing.

GP is saying anything lower than 14% is not good.

So I switched to a sports doc. A lot more knowledgeable and accepting of what I'm doing.

I've found that the best way forward is not to tell very many people. Simply do it.
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i cant speak for everyone but i generally feel like crap when i was at 8%, and i dont think without at least a good year of bulking there is no point in being under 12%
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    i cant speak for everyone but i generally feel like crap when i was at 8%, and i dont think without at least a good year of bulking there is no point in being under 12%
    That's a fukking first lmao

***got

ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThingsDontRunWe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You repped me so you do love me for those of you who don't know serp is my bf. we're very happy together he texts me constantly saying how much he loves me and how great my body is. He always asks me to **** him in the butt with a dildo tho I kinda think he's at least bi if not a full homosexual. Idk...love my Matt regardless he's gonna come visit me at the airport too. He goes out of his way to see me and do things for me. Hope he proposes soon . Love you Matt!!!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    kels....pls
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

kels....pls
    Matt I don't understand your last text....? You said "kels, I have this urge to have a pole shaped object rammed up my butt repeatedly. Am I gay? Omg I think I'm a feg. If you fukk me in the butt that doesn't make it gay right cuz you're a beautiful female? I'm scared. I hate my choice to be gay"

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cant see any reason it would matter unless you have some degree of metabolic slowdown or hormones been wrecked by the cutting.
    Also depends on how much mass you have lost while cutting, if you have the lbm to look good below 10-12% or not.

But would agree with serp here, until you have had a proper bulk there is no reason to go lower than 10-12% since most likely you do not have a large amount of lbm.
    And like Serp I feel like crap if I go below 10%, lower energy, sex drive takes a plunge, get all these silly nagging pains in joins/muscle etc.

So I would get down to 10-12% , do a bulk and then start doing sub 10% cuts if you need to target stubborn patches of fat/subcutaneous fat deposits.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys. Well, I really don't know if I have "enough" LBM to look good; I don't have a year of proper lifting (as defined by a proper routine with the necessary nutrition to grow) and am not genetically gifted, so I probably don't. I think my traps look good, my quads are decent, my abs show more and more every day, my delts/biceps/triceps are pretty pathetic -- but I can still make an argument for there being a benefit to being 8%... the total removal of adipose tissue from my side/back/front chesticles, abdomen, and inner thighs.

As for lower energy, diminished sex drive, and all those ills -- I'm already experiencing them so it would just be dealing with it for several more weeks. I think the biggest thing is whether or not it poses a risk, as I definitely think it's worth doing as long as I'm not going to experience any ill effects.
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^ i second this unless you competing there it's no point of been so low in bf
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brad805 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No reason whatsoever to stop so long as you have a reasonable diet plan and are taking scheduled diet breaks. You want to see the six pack, I know that feeling. Go for it and see where you go. I don't share much information about my nutrition or training except for very few family or friends. When asked about my eating I am very brief and quickly change the subject. As a result nobody asks me anymore. Normies simply don't get it and trying to explain is pointless. Its your journey, and the thing that likely bugs you the most is not seen by many.

Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ronceiro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only concern would be a cosmetic one, dat dere saggy skin

*mid-20s and find the misc generally boring/immature now crew*
    *natty because too scared crew*
    *300 Spartan Crew*
    *UK Crew*
    *gh15 crew (the original gh15 not the fake one)*
    http://i.imgur.com/4x0LSXR.jpg

Crazy dreams on ZMA: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165238401

Originally Posted by Ronceiro View Post
    Only concern would be a cosmetic one, dat dere saggy skin
    But what should this guy do? He may be 2 months away from emptying out "dat dere saggy skin" and looking a lot better -- why not?

By the way, poor guy claimed the following diet:

"Diet after (1,200 calories per day)
    Breakfast: Three Weetabix with skimmed milk. Pure orange juice.
    Lunch: Two slices wholemeal bread, small salad. Mineral water.
    Dinner: One skinned chicken breast and steamed vegetables."

He must have cheated a lot; hope he is transitioning well because it looks like it's gonna be one tough road to go from that to normal eating.
    Last edited by unleashthelion; 09-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Believe me. Your body will tell you when you're getting too low on bf.

If not, continue cutting. If you're exhausted - take a diet break. Serotonin levels will increase, you'll feel better and you may have a better view of your picture.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyflo04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by unleashthelion View Post
    Hey all. As most of you have probably experienced, I have friends and family who are trying to discourage me from cutting further; they think that I am becoming unhealthily thin because of some vascularity and my fat distribution (I have some really lean areas of my body despite carrying a good deal of fat in others).

Are there any things to look out for? Any reason why one would be more concerned about a formerly obese person to go down to 10-15lbs of body fat instead of 25-30lbs (like I'm at, now)?

I've been a lot less active, currently running SS and doing no cardio or any other physical activity, so I don't think I'm running too high of a deficit.

What do you think? Kind of worried about going to just a regular GP, as they may want me to stop just to err on the side of caution. I have no problem pausing for awhile on maintenance or even waiting until I've bulked a little to get super lean, I am just not too sure how necessary -- or beneficial -- either of those options are.

Right now, my sole goal is to remove as much body fat - while preserving my LBM - as is healthily possible.
    i think im on that same path...albeit I do have a ways to go. In about 4 months Ive dropped from 427 to 339.8 and BF from 56% to about 46%. Just to stay realistic I guess my goal would be to get under 30% BF, maybe 25% BF. If I have to put my finger on a number. Being more fit is my real goal. I have see progress in my biometric numbers since the start of this 4 months ago.

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    Believe me. Your body will tell you when you're getting too low on bf.

Can you guys expand on this? srs

Thanks
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Originally Posted by TiberiusClaudis View Post
    Can you guys expand on this? srs

Thanks
    you get hungry, fatigued, low on energy, lower sex drive, sometimes feel weak like you have low blood sugar (probably IS the case), harder to concentrate. It is quite literally effects of induced "starvation" or lack of food.
    Been to 8% twice, easy, but you dont feel as great as you do with a couple more pounds of fat on you.

you get hungry, fatigued, low on energy, lower sex drive, sometimes feel weak like you have low blood sugar (probably IS the case), harder to concentrate. It is quite literally effects of induced "starvation" or lack of food.
    Been to 8% twice, easy, but you dont feel as great as you do with a couple more pounds of fat on you.
    Fascinating. To this day, I don't feel any lower in energy or any other ill effects (hormones notwithstanding) from getting leaner, I only noticed them when I was being a bit too active; so I guess my threshold for how much I can push myself before I get "in the red" is a lot lower. I'm interested to see how progressively different I will be feeling over the next several percent.

Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardworker33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fascinating. To this day, I don't feel any lower in energy or any other ill effects (hormones notwithstanding) from getting leaner, I only noticed them when I was being a bit too active; so I guess my threshold for how much I can push myself before I get "in the red" is a lot lower. I'm interested to see how progressively different I will be feeling over the next several percent.
    That's good for you but if your stats are right, you're not supposed to feel close to that at 14%. It's still high ( for BB standards), you'll start to see these signs around 11%. Good luck with your goal!

Originally Posted by Hardworker33 View Post
    That's good for you but if your stats are right, you're not supposed to feel close to that at 14%. It's still high ( for BB standards), you'll start to see these signs around 11%. Good luck with your goal!
    Ah, gotcha. I thought I was supposed to notice symptoms once I got in the teens.

Thanks, man.

WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Congrats man but you really need to be focused on getting to a healthy BF%(~12% or so) and gaining some muscle. I know on here its all bout "single digits" but you gotta have a really decent base to look good around ~8% BF its just not worth it unless you have already filled out your frame. At 6' 177 id definitely focus on putting on mass once you are at a reasonable ammount of fat.

Originally Posted by WildChild8819 View Post
    Congrats man but you really need to be focused on getting to a healthy BF%(~12% or so) and gaining some muscle. I know on here its all bout "single digits" but you gotta have a really decent base to look good around ~8% BF its just not worth it unless you have already filled out your frame. At 6' 177 id definitely focus on putting on mass once you are at a reasonable ammount of fat.
    Thanks, man. For me, it's never been about getting to single digits -- it's been about looking like I've never had a weight problem, which is something I thought coincided with being in the single digits. If I get to a shade below 10% and I don't look all that close to the skin snapping back, I'd probably just resign myself to the fact that I'll need to fill out the skin a bit and focus on clean bulking for several months (if not a year), and then cutting as low as possible.

Thanks, man. For me, it's never been about getting to single digits -- it's been about looking like I've never had a weight problem, which is something I thought coincided with being in the single digits. If I get to a shade below 10% and I don't look all that close to the skin snapping back, I'd probably just resign myself to the fact that I'll need to fill out the skin a bit and focus on clean bulking for several months (if not a year), and then cutting as low as possible.
    Any progress pics man?

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I have seen it really depends on the amount of saggy skin you have to determine if your going to fill out or not. The above picture's only option is to do surgery to look normal, no amount of time is really going to put a nipple or belly button where it is supposed to be. However, I have seen pictures of people who have a small amount of saggy skin below their belly button when they are at a low BF, and I think these people are good candidates for filling out.

ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    must be nice to go from like 50%bf to 10%bf, still waiting myself. though i hit 40%at 380 and 30%at 320 now stitting around 28% at 290.

hoping for 15%bf around 220-240, provided i dont go all crazy catabolic between then and now.
    90 day transformation challenge,

May-1 (394.4) May-8 (385.3) May-15 (371.6) May-22 (362.1) May-29 (356.2)
    June-5 (347.8) June-12 (341.6) June-19 (337.3) June-26 (333.4)
    July-3 (325.0) July-10 (320.1) July-17 (316.3) July-24 (312.2) July-31 (306.9)
    August-1 (306.1) final weigh in

---
    Former 500lb club
    Former 400lb club
    Former 300lb club
    Former 200lb club

ThingsDont, not until I hit that single digit I don't look as bad as the guy in the picture, but I look more like him than most BB.com'ers.

Miakiah, it's really difficult to predict; I think a lot of people look worse before they look better, so you really have to see them leaned out before you can get a good sense of how they'll look.

Toshiro, you'll get there! Not too sure about you being 28% at 290 -- how did you come to that number?

ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Toshiro, you'll get there! Not too sure about you being 28% at 290 -- how did you come to that number?
    Hand scanner says 26, calipers say 30, took the average of 28% (though i'm more inclined to believe the 30% still honestly)
    90 day transformation challenge,

May-1 (394.4) May-8 (385.3) May-15 (371.6) May-22 (362.1) May-29 (356.2)
    June-5 (347.8) June-12 (341.6) June-19 (337.3) June-26 (333.4)
    July-3 (325.0) July-10 (320.1) July-17 (316.3) July-24 (312.2) July-31 (306.9)
    August-1 (306.1) final weigh in

---
    Former 500lb club
    Former 400lb club
    Former 300lb club
    Former 200lb club