Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Dealing with a slipped disc, exercises to avoid/replace?

I've got a slipped disc, my question now is, what exercises should I be doing to re-strengthen my lower back/disc?

And what exercises should I be avoiding, I'm assuming bent rows, squats, deadlifts, etc.
    Last edited by Vampirelol; 09-06-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wolf1078 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    hey brah, i had the same thing happen a while back, really i just replaced deads with rack pulls and hyperextensions. i was still able to do squats and rows, but i don't know the severity of your case. if you want, do more machine work for legs like press, extensions, etc. and pull downs for lats to replace rows. gl brah!
    Nicest Red On Misc

B: 210 S: 365 D: 425

Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vampirelol has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wolf1078 View Post
    hey brah, i had the same thing happen a while back, really i just replaced deads with rack pulls and hyperextensions. i was still able to do squats and rows, but i don't know the severity of your case. if you want, do more machine work for legs like press, extensions, etc. and pull downs for lats to replace rows. gl brah!
    Thanks brah. Appreciate it, if you mind me asking, how are you fairing now? Are you able to do deads and such again or still working on strengthening the area up?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wolf1078 again."

I'll hit yah back whenever this chit goes away.
    Views expressed on this domain are fictitious and represent the opinion of no entity whatsoever

Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a herniated disc. What pain is it that your experiencing? Did a doctor see you?
    “He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself.”- Edward Herbert

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tons and tons of lightweight deadlifts

and the reverse situp things I think theyre called "hyperextensions"
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Originally Posted by Donut Juice View Post
    I have a herniated disc. What pain is it that your experiencing? Did a doctor see you?
    It's like an extreme ache/pain if I put any stress on it whatsoever. Even moving my legs in certain ways causes it to hurt, the pain is right above my buttock close to the spine but slightly more so on the right side.

I haven't gone to a doctor but I'm going to a chiropractor in an hour. This originated a two weeks ago doing squats (goofed form a bit, just bent forward a tad because I didn't stay totally tight) and after 10 days it felt alright so I hit the gym again. After some more squats it felt okay but apparently I couldn't take the weight, it worsened back to it's initial state and I've now been extremely careful with it.

Originally Posted by heinstein View Post
    tons and tons of lightweight deadlifts

and the reverse situp things I think theyre called "hyperextensions"
    Will do, thanks!

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vampirelol View Post
    It's like an extreme ache/pain if I put any stress on it whatsoever. Even moving my legs in certain ways causes it to hurt, the pain is right above my buttock close to the spine but slightly more so on the right side.

I haven't gone to a doctor but I'm going to a chiropractor in an hour. This originated a two weeks ago doing squats (goofed form a bit, just bent forward a tad because I didn't stay totally tight) and after 10 days it felt alright so I hit the gym again. After some more squats it felt okay but apparently I couldn't take the weight, it worsened back to it's initial state and I've now been extremely careful with it.

Will do, thanks!
    I slipped my l4 and l5 so far they were pressing on the nerve cord at all times.
    Physical therapy and the chiropractor should become your best friends.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Originally Posted by heinstein View Post
    I slipped my l4 and l5 so far they were pressing on the nerve cord at all times.
    Physical therapy and the chiropractor should become your best friends.
    Ouch, that's rough. I think mine's slipped, but nothing too severe, chiropractor just helped out a ton and I'll be rebuilding strength slowly and carefully.

How's your recovery going?

riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did you're chiropractor also believe it to be a "slipped" disc?
    Physical Therapist

These posts are not to be accepted or inferred as medical advice.

Originally Posted by riseboi View Post
    Did you're chiropractor also believe it to be a "slipped" disc?
    I explained the situation, he didn't negate anything I said, he said my lumbar and sacrum was a little misaligned after some feels and dippity doop. I feel slightly better but the injured disc remains the same. Guess it'll just take time.

I didn't go in to the doc for xrays or anything so I cannot confirm it's a slipped disc 100%. I've been looking into this a ton and from everything I've experienced and have researched I'm thinking this is the problem. If not slipped at least bulged, dunno.

themachine94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themachine94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To be on the safe side, get an mri, from the pic it seems ur still young, get an mri to make sure everything is ok.