Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Torn rotator cuff - related to my cutting?

I've been cutting now since February. I'm currently down from 297 to 249 today. Pain in the last couple weeks led to a trip to the doctor which found out I may very well have a torn rotator cuff. Hydro cortisone shot and 4 weeks of physical therapy, then re evaluate in 3 months. On my cut, honestly, I haven't been working out much. My daily job is very demanding and I'm usually beat every day.

Being that my work is so physically demanding, I often have to depend on my strength for work. I'm wondering if I've lost enough muscle mass during my cut that I've decreased my strength significantly enough to cause harm doing the same things I have always done. at 5' 10" and 297, I was a big dude, but never a blubbering blob. People always joke about me being their body guard, a line backer, etc. So I have always been very physically capable. I never even considered the fact that losing weight could mean losing my functional strength. I've never cared about being able to bench 400, but I do care about being able to move 200lb sheets of steel around my shop by myself, because I work alone.

So do you guys think this injury could be caused by losing weight? I'm not sure what to do. I need to lose another 75lbs, but at this rate, I feel like I won't be able to carry myself around let alone operate my business.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing to do with your diet, you just did something wrong physically down the line somewhere

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    Nothing to do with your diet, you just did something wrong physically down the line somewhere
    This^ , most like you have lifted something poorly causing a slight tear, and if you have been pushing through the pain rotary cuff injuries just get worse as the more irritated it gets the more it swells up and the worse it gets.

It is possible you have weak shoulder muscles, look up some shoulder/rotary cuff rehab exercises and start doing them (if doc gives the go on rehab exercises)
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jbtyson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah they have me doing some work to correct my posture and work on my back muscles. Said they were underdeveloped in comparison to the front. I appreciate the response, I've just been concerned that my diet was the problem.