Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Alcohol and keto

Ive had no luck searching the forum for this so ill keep it short and sweet.

Obviously carb/sugar heavy drinks and keto diets dont mix.
    However, for someone like me who drinks vodka redbull or vodka water at the clubs, i imagine i should be ok

Just really wondering what those who actually know their **** do. I'd rather get a honest answer that smashing back 8 drinks on a friday and saturday would be detrimental then just someones personal opinion. Pretty much my only concern is will my weekend social life take me out of ketosis? If it won't time to get ****tered. If it scientifically will, then i will need to live in a cave masterbating to ******** for the next 8 weeks.

Please don't post the following as they hold no merit and are all false
    "alcohol is bad for you and will prevent you from being a body builder"
    "you dont need alcohol to have fun"
    "women like sober guys"

thanks drink up bros
    ill be the next ronnie on jersey shore next season mark my word.

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    The last time I touched alcohol was 5 months ago while doing keto.
    I consumed about 10 double shots between whiskey & jager.
    I then blacked out and continued drinking 5-10 more beers. (Not uncommon for me, but TERRIBLE idea on keto)

I woke up the next day with the worst hangover of my entire life. (I was a big drinker, with a big tolerance)
    I was sick all day long & yacking my brains out (I never throw up during or after...strong stomach)
    For about 8 hours (every 30 minutes) I would wake up in a full body sweat, and throw up projectiles of water that I couldn't keep down.
    Couldn't eat anything without it coming back up. Couldn't drink anything either.
    I knew if I couldn't hold down water, and kept throwing up, I'd die of dehydration.

Scary **** man. Literally thought I was going to die. I WISHED for death, that's how miserable I was.
    Needless to say...MODERATION.
    There is no such thing as tolerance when low-carbing. lmfaooooo
    505 / 315 / 545

jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
    I then blacked out and continued drinking 5-10 more beers. (Not uncommon for me, but TERRIBLE idea on keto)

I woke up the next day with the worst hangover of my entire life. (I was a big drinker, with a big tolerance)
    I was sick all day long & yacking my brains out (I never throw up during or after...strong stomach)
    For about 8 hours (every 30 minutes) I would wake up in a full body sweat, and throw up projectiles of water that I couldn't keep down.
    Couldn't eat anything without it coming back up. Couldn't drink anything either.
    I knew if I couldn't hold down water, and kept throwing up, I'd die of dehydration.

Scary **** man. Literally thought I was going to die. I WISHED for death, that's how miserable I was.
    I agree. I was a heavy drinker too and I can barely have 2 mixed drinks without a hangover now that I am Keto. It feels a little better if I remember to down a powerade zero before bed to get hydrated but its tough. Honestly I just quit drinking all together lately just so I dont feel sick all the time.

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

textbook description: alcoholic
    STEM Wagie Brah

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I tell you folks, my experience is completely different. I do enjoy good whiskey rather often. Call me alcoholic but I can consume 5-6 shots with no consequences. I also sip a little pretty much daily. Say, small bottle (375ml) will last a week, but this is almost daily sips every now and then. Also, reading aachoo, who in his right mind would finish a good drinking night with beer. This is known documented recipe for drunken stupor and worst hangover. I say, social life more important than any diet. Just remember why do we do it in first place.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just remembered a good old technique called "pre-medication". Helps to pull through upcoming night if heavy drinking is inevitable. Basically, you have to consume some alcohol a few hours prior to the event. Like couple shots 5-6 hours before everybody else.

GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50) GazzyB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vodka and diet coke dude. It's the future.

aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SipNPiz View Post
    textbook description: alcoholic
    lmao. I really wasn't drinking super often, but when I did drink...I drank WAY too much.
    I learned my lesson thanks to Keto...5 months sober.
    505 / 315 / 545

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    lmao. I really wasn't drinking super often, but when I did drink...I drank WAY too much.
    I learned my lesson thanks to Keto...5 months sober.
    "I dont always drink alcohol
    But when I do

I drink enough to kill 3 people."

Originally Posted by Leadreign View Post
    "I dont always drink alcohol
    But when I do

I drink enough to kill 3 people."
    Sounds about right. lmao
    Which is why I no longer drink. (just personal preference)

I don't mind if other people drink...I just know myself all too well....lol
    I probably needed that awful experience to give it up completely.
    Always being sober has got me more focused than ever on my gym performance / new lifestyle.
    505 / 315 / 545

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    is this your first time on keto? Be careful man cuz like mentioned above there is no tolerence on keto, you can seriously get wasted off a couple drinks, and i mean dangerously wasted if you think you can handle the same amount of alcohol.

Anyway when i was on the keto i would drink crystal light with vodka to avoid carbs but depending on how much you drink it will throw you out of ketosis. Of course beer and flavored fruity drinks with sugars and badass taste will def take you out of it. If you absolutely refuse to stop drinking then buy the keto sticks and try it by trail and error.
    Your body has to burn the alchol before it can do anything else so if its busy doing that it can't really produce ketones

so long story short YES IT WILL
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10) Woplock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I fail to see why everyone is pissed keto lowers their tolerance? Am i the only one who likes the sound of this? It now only requires me to drop 20$ on drinks for myself at night then splitting a bottle at the club like we usually do?

This is too good to be true. We'll start this all next week, and the first night i go boozing ill be sure to update you on this. Im super interested in this hangover too. I've honestly had one real hangover in my whole life. Im kinda excited bwahhahaha

and diet coke is gay. drink my ciroc on the rocks.
    ill be the next ronnie on jersey shore next season mark my word.

alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexg5775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Woplock View Post
    I fail to see why everyone is pissed keto lowers their tolerance? Am i the only one who likes the sound of this? It now only requires me to drop 20$ on drinks for myself at night then splitting a bottle at the club like we usually do?

This is too good to be true. We'll start this all next week, and the first night i go boozing ill be sure to update you on this. Im super interested in this hangover too. I've honestly had one real hangover in my whole life. Im kinda excited bwahhahaha

and diet coke is gay. drink my ciroc on the rocks.
    For me the lowered tolerance is not a problem but the hang overs. I have had some TERRIBLE hang overs. I mean i feel like i am dying. I usually save my drinking for the weekend which is during my carb up and i will drink any thing and everything. I think the terible hang overs are due to many reasons. Worstened dehydration, depleted magnesium, potassium, thiamine and other electrolytes (all which are already depleted.) I also think keto, to some degree, is almost a cleansing diet and drinking heavy just throws your entire body off.

What i do is drink massive amount of water before going to sleep, i drink k, mag, milk thistle, thiamine or vit b1, a multi and down with 1 scoop of whey right before bed. I keep a large glass of water, or if still carbing up, gatorade at bedside. This is just the night that i binge hard, which is like maybe once every few months. If i just have a few drinks than it is really no big deal, but i usually fallow the same protcol if i am able.

Alex

AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10) AbandonThread is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Used to have reasonable tolerance. Went low carb. Went out, after just three beers, my head started buzzing. Had less problems with rum and whisky, but still significantly lower tolerance.

I'd say it's possible, but it won't be like it used to. It does mean that getting drunk is now cheaper than before.

blakenewell93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blakenewell93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My experience with keto and alcohol. I was drinking vodka, soda and a lime wedge only. Got prettay drunk. Lots of fun. Next morning i felt like absolute ****, chucking my guts in the shower when I woke up. Slept all day. But the next day after that, back to normal with my keto, and ketostix were showing I was in ketosis.

So you can do it, but yeah, tolerance is crazy low and you need to watch that if you want to have a nice day.
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    Steve Nash Sports Club Personal Trainer

eyedei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wohooo-!! Alcohol and keto is not friendly at all-!! Had a very bad experience..

Probably my fault too..drink too much too fast..like VERY THIRSTY-!! All i know after that..i started threw out in the club toilet-!! FALL ASLEEP in the toilet cubicle till i heard someone knocking the door..i think it must be a good an hour or so..as i went out from the toilet..to my utter shock the club had close already-!! All DARK-!! The bouncer was good enough to lead me out from the club..

Went back to the car..start the engine..switch on the a/c n started throwing out again..cold air just make me wanna throw out if im too drunk..fall asleep after that in the car till morning-!! While the engine is running..i know its dangerous but somehow i did lower down the window a lil bit and lock the door..

Went back to the hotel after i woke up and slept till noon-!!

Very bad experience..i swear i will not step in that particular club for a while now..

eyedei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't remember the term..friend to ketoacidosis but only when u had too many alcohol and have to eat carbs to be okay..

I experience that as well..on another occasion..had too many drinks..then suddenly i started to feel sick and sweating without no reason..felt hungry as hell too..had like few buns and was ok after that..a friend of mind keep on asking if im doing ok coz i look really sick..

Alcohol really knock u while doing keto diet..just drinks moderately if u must..and don't go crazy with it