laxguy5566 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining weight on Keto. Need some help!

Hey all, this is my third week on strict keto- I've been in and out of keto for about 3 weeks before that but went a little crazy on the carb ups. Anyway, what really matters is that after these last 3 weeks I weigh 206, started at 205, and look physically fatter.

Here's my info:
    Weight: 205
    Height: 6'2"
    Average calorie intake on keto: 2,200
    Macro ratio: 65% fat, 30% protien, 5% carbs
    Lifting about 4x a week with occasional cardio

The first two weeks of strict keto I was definitely in ketosis. I had all the symptoms and was peeing purple on the ketosticks. I was keeping close count of my calories and macros on the myfitnesspal app too. Usually I'd be around 2,200 calories but sometimes below that.
    This most recent Sunday was my carb up. It didn't really look like I lost any weight and I only dropped a few pounds in water (before I started the carb up). I did the carb up as you're supposed to (after a workout, etc), however I did go a little crazy on carbs (pasta, candy, chocolate). But the carb up only lasted 12 hours. Now it's Wednesday, I'm back in ketosis but 1 lb heavier than I started out in the beginning of everything. I also look huge in a bad way.

Does anyone have any advise? Do I just need to give ketosis more time or is it just not right for me.

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did you track calories/macros during the carb up?
    Did you keep fat intake minimal?
    Did you hydrate extra well during the refeed to help shuttle glycogen into the muscles?

Dehydration can cause bloating...
    Increase water, increase cardio - you'll be fine man.
    505 / 315 / 545

WillHarr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WillHarr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WillHarr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WillHarr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WillHarr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by laxguy5566 View Post
    Hey all, this is my third week on strict keto- I've been in and out of keto for about 3 weeks before that but went a little crazy on the carb ups. Anyway, what really matters is that after these last 3 weeks I weigh 206, started at 205, and look physically fatter.

Here's my info:

The first two weeks of strict keto I was definitely in ketosis. I had all the symptoms and was peeing purple on the ketosticks. I was keeping close count of my calories and macros on the myfitnesspal app too. Usually I'd be around 2,200 calories but sometimes below that.
    This most recent Sunday was my carb up. It didn't really look like I lost any weight and I only dropped a few pounds in water (before I started the carb up). I did the carb up as you're supposed to (after a workout, etc), however I did go a little crazy on carbs (pasta, candy, chocolate). But the carb up only lasted 12 hours. Now it's Wednesday, I'm back in ketosis but 1 lb heavier than I started out in the beginning of everything. I also look huge in a bad way.

Does anyone have any advise? Do I just need to give ketosis more time or is it just not right for me.
    Im researching thoroughly into this diet and studying the effects it has on peoples fat and weight loss, do you know what fat and weight drops you saw every week? for say the first 1-8 weeks?

ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100) ButterLord is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think that 2200 calories is too much. In order to lose weight you gotta eat 500 calories to 1000 calories less than what you need. So i think that maybe your real problem is that you are eating 2200 calories. Try to lower your calorie intake to about 1600, and if you feel too hungry take a good appetite suppressant like phentermine

Originally Posted by laxguy5566 View Post

Here's my info:

"It is nature that sets off in one class those who are very intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither by muscular strength nor by intelligence, but show only mediocrity, stupidity, fear, and physical weakness. This last third class represents the great majority of people." -The Antichrist, Fredrich Nietzsche

Forever Musclebound aaaaaaaaaachooo's Avatar
    aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000) aaaaaaaaaachooo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ButterLord View Post
    I think that 2200 calories is too much. In order to lose weight you gotta eat 500 calories to 1000 calories less than what you need. So i think that maybe your real problem is that you are eating 2200 calories. Try to lower your calorie intake to about 1600, and if you feel too hungry take a good appetite suppressant like phentermine
    That's some terrible advice...
    505 / 315 / 545

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was thinking the same thing. at over 200 lbs there is no way I can see 1600 calories work, not 2200 either.