cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplement confusion

I am a bit...well...nervous posting on the forum, but I want to know, so here goes. I'm in the process of getting equipment together for Body Beast, which is a 90 day weight and cardio program. (put out by beachbody) I've done weights before, but without an actual plan, including food, which this has in great detail. And naturally they recommend their line of creatine, protein, testosterone and pre workout). I'm not much for spending several hundred dollars a month on this stuff, and even talking with my local GNC it would be around $200/mo (this includes a multi and fishoil as well). At least they weren't your typical pushy sales types. They recommended:

Nitrotech $49.99
    PharmaFreak Test Freak $63.99
    PharmaFreak Ripped Freak $59.99(this apparently would replace the Fuel Shot from Beachbody)
    GNC Fishoil $31.99
    GNC Multivitamin $39.99
    Membership: $10

I know that there are cheaper alternatives but I'm a bit lost when it comes to creating the same sort of stack, as there seems to be a lot to choose. I know that whey isolate works for me (it doesn't hurt me stomach) and apparently creatine monohydrate is best bet for this type of program. I DO know that "at my age" fishoil and a multi is a good idea.

I know that 90% is diet and WHEN you eat (and the weights themselves) but I might as well stick to the program as closely as possible, which means the four supps above. Thanks for your time!

Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You lost me at gnc

cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10) cypherslock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Smoker145 View Post
    You lost me at gnc
    *sigh* yes yes I know GNC is frowned upon, but I wanted to get at least some info. I know perfectly well they're trying to make sales also. Take GNC out of the equation, what do you think of the recommendations?

Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
    *sigh* yes yes I know GNC is frowned upon, but I wanted to get at least some info. I know perfectly well they're trying to make sales also. Take GNC out of the equation, what do you think of the recommendations?
    If your gonna spend 40 on a multi there is this one called orange triad. Look into it, way better I can gaurantee that. As for supps I mean I wouldn't buy anything besides a fish oil, multi, and a protein powder if you have trouble hitting your macros.

Team SAN Enthusiast! dragonalex's Avatar
    dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fixed for you!

Pronom23 or MetaForce or Giant Sports Delicious Protein or iForce Protean
    Athletic Edge Nutrition APE
    Alphamine or Dexprine or ErgoShred
    Controlled Labs Oximega
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Membership: wut? 10% Discount - HAMSTRING10

You can also include green tea capsules if you want a small metabolism boost! :]
    ::Current Goods::
    White Rapids & Mucuna Pruiens
    MyProtein Impact Whey
    Ergochain

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey man welcome aboard.
    Before we get into supplements I would reconsider your choice of weight/cardio routine. Simply put, many companies and gurus seem to follow a trend of putting out "programs" which do not take into account optimal frequency, intensity, volume, progression ( all factors to consider when programming a routine ).
    They simply lay out a set/rep scheme and days of the week. Even if they do utilize some of the above, it is rarely optimal.

I recommend you use routines created by weight lifters and coaches who have a proven track record and strong understanding of peogramming. As a beginner you would do well on a routine like strong lifts, starting strength, etc.

Secondly your diet is most likely not exactly where it should be unless you are tracking your calorie/macro intake. You should visit the nutrition section and read the various stickies toward the top to fix up your diet.

Lastly, when you have figured out your routine and diet, stick to a basic stack.

Creatine- 3-5g of mono each day. Allmax is a good brand

Fish oil- Oximega, San triple fish fats, Axis Labs citrus omega, etc. Aim for 2-3G of EPA/dha a day.

Protein- If you have trouble hitting your macros or want a tasty substitute. Syngex, Pronom, and Titanium Whey are all solid

Multi- Medivin or Orange Triad will have you covered

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MasterBench View Post
    Hey man welcome aboard.
    Before we get into supplements I would reconsider your choice of weight/cardio routine. Simply put, many companies and gurus seem to follow a trend of putting out "programs" which do not take into account optimal frequency, intensity, volume, progression ( all factors to consider when programming a routine ).
    They simply lay out a set/rep scheme and days of the week. Even if they do utilize some of the above, it is rarely optimal.

I recommend you use routines created by weight lifters and coaches who have a proven track record and strong understanding of peogramming. As a beginner you would do well on a routine like strong lifts, starting strength, etc.

Secondly your diet is most likely not exactly where it should be unless you are tracking your calorie/macro intake. You should visit the nutrition section and read the various stickies toward the top to fix up your diet.

Lastly, when you have figured out your routine and diet, stick to a basic stack.

Fish oil- Oximega, San triple fish fats, Axis Labs citrus omega, etc. Aim for 2-3G of EPA/dha a day.

Protein- If you have trouble hitting your macros or want a tasty substitute. Syngex, Pronom, and Titanium Whey are all solid

I agree with just about everything here. Buy from BB.com and you will get way better products at better prices than GNC. For protein, I would just go with a cheap blend. Blends tend me keep me full better than straight whey and also taste better. Phase8 is a solid choice, but there are a few decent ones out there. It will be much cheaper than Nitro-Tech would be, with even better taste.
    RIP in Peace

Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I agree with just about everything here. Buy from BB.com and you will get way better products at better prices than GNC. For protein, I would just go with a cheap blend. Blends tend me keep me full better than straight whey and also taste better. Phase8 is a solid choice, but there are a few decent ones out there. It will be much cheaper than Nitro-Tech would be, with even better taste.
    Not sure about nitro tech being cheaper. It's 33 bucks for 50 servings at my local supp store. But I agree blend is the way to go.

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Smoker145 View Post
    Not sure about nitro tech being cheaper. It's 33 bucks for 50 servings at my local supp store. But I agree blend is the way to go.
    Nitro-Tech is $33 for 50 servings? Is it the old formula?
    RIP in Peace

I'm in Ontario Canada if that makes a difference, I know that there are some things that can't be bought depending on location.

EDIT: Thank you so much! Another question: Testosterone booster recommendation? Thoughts on PharmaFreak? Also, pill or powder? And: DragonAlex, what makes you (for instance) recommend the Controlled Labs stuff over any of the other ones? This is the biggest thing for me: how the hell do you pick what works without being caught by "teh shiny" marketing (I'm in online marketing and let me tell you, there's a LOT of that out there).
    Last edited by cypherslock; 09-05-2013 at 01:34 PM.

I'm in Ontario Canada if that makes a difference, I know that there are some things that can't be bought depending on location.

EDIT: Thank you so much! Another question: Testosterone booster recommendation? And: DragonAlex, what makes you (for instance) recommend the Controlled Labs stuff over any of the other ones? This is the biggest thing for me: how the hell do you pick what works without being caught by "teh shiny" marketing (I'm in online marketing and let me tell you, there's a LOT of that out there).
    You should be OK with most of what has been recommended.
    RIP in Peace

dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

EDIT: Thank you so much! Another question: Testosterone booster recommendation? Thoughts on PharmaFreak? Also, pill or powder? And: DragonAlex, what makes you (for instance) recommend the Controlled Labs stuff over any of the other ones? This is the biggest thing for me: how the hell do you pick what works without being caught by "teh shiny" marketing (I'm in online marketing and let me tell you, there's a LOT of that out there). I do see that even with tax and shipping to Ontario it is $186 as opposed to $204...
    Controlled Labs Oximega
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad
    Are the only real 2 I recommended by Controlled labs, and if you need to ask why...
    Oximega is higher in EPA and DHA compared to most fish oil products, at nearly the same price // I've personally scored 3 bottles of Oximega fish oils for only $36 shipped.
    Orange Triad is probably one of the most used Multivitamins, mainly due to their price, 45 servings and it includes joint support!

I suggest Pronom23 because there's currently a deal going on if you order 1 Tub of pronom, you get 30 Oximega Softgels Citrus free.
    The deal 2-3 days ago was even better, you could have received a free bottle of Orange Triad with your order
    MyProtein Impact Whey
    Ergochain

Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Nitro-Tech is $33 for 50 servings? Is it the old formula?
    My b. I'm talking nitro peak. But yea that is 33 for 50 servings.

This is odd: when I add the SAN Metaforce, no matter what else I add....the subtotal goes to $0?

This is odd: when I add the SAN Metaforce, no matter what else I add....the subtotal goes to $0?
    Epic glitch is epic.
    You can contact support here,

https://cschat.bodybuilding.com/chat...dybuilding.com

Also note that Meta-Force is a great cost effective protein, no fillers and build is pretty solid.
    It's a multi source protein, meaning it is a blend of many.
    I believe SPI-90 Soy Protein Isolate is the main source.
    GET VANILLA ALMOND!
    MyProtein Impact Whey
    Ergochain

You're right! That is crazy. It won't let you check out, but it's weird that adding one product has that effect.
    RIP in Peace

DragonAlex: That's good because I've been recommended a whey isolate, and having tried a version of that as well as hyrolized, the isolate appears to NOT hurt my gut as much (having a dairy intolerance can be interesting, but some things hurt (straight milk) whereas others don't). And yea, while I love chocolate, when it comes to that stuff, vanilla seems to be the way to go. Man, I should have come here first for advice LOL. Is there like a list or something that I can be on (as opposed to the the one that gives me news) where it's just supplement deals?

Dewey, yeah that is odd. Guess I'll have to wait till they fix it.

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey man welcome aboard.

I agree with all of this. Notice the statement that I highlighted. I try to make it a point to get all of my protein from food if possible.

Nothing wrong with protein powder, I just prefer to eat my protein if at all possible You don't need near as much as some would leave you to believe.

Originally Posted by misfit28 View Post
    I agree with all of this. Notice the statement that I highlighted. I try to make it a point to get all of my protein from food if possible.

Nothing wrong with protein powder, I just prefer to eat my protein if at all possible You don't need near as much as some would leave you to believe.
    He's 6'2, I believe he has lots of potential, if he plans to gain muscle, protein powder will probably need to be a staple :P

But I do agree with the whole foods concept :]
    MyProtein Impact Whey
    Ergochain

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dragonalex View Post
    He's 6'2, I believe he has lots of potential, if he plans to gain muscle, protein powder will probably need to be a staple :P

But I do agree with the whole foods concept :]
    Sure, just giving some advice. The current research supported recommendation is .82g per pound of bodyweight.

His current BW would put him at ~200g per day, which is easily attainable through food IJS....

Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000) Bequi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man welcome aboard.

I agree with this and my man, Mr. Dewey. Start here. If after 3-6 months you decide to "dabble" in test boosters there are a lot of great options out there, but you should just worry about getting the basics down for now... without killing your budget =)
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    ISSA CPT
    NPC Competitor

********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Twitter.com/TeamAISports

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Registered User MrNaturalMuscle's Avatar
    MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are way over paying for the GNC Multi and Fish Oil! Go online and buy Enhances Energy 1 a day from Kal or Multi One from Paradise Herbs and Rx-Omega-3 Factors fish oil from Natural Factors.