Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)

Feeling sick (occasionally) in the gym.

Hello,

I hope this is going to be posted in the correct place as I believe it's nutritionally related. I've tried Google and even spoke to family members (in the medical field) but nothing has convinced me.

Occasionally (it's happened twice in the past twelve months I'd say) I feel extremely ill midway through a workout. It's an odd feeling which is terribly difficult to word as it's not a stomach felt sickness, more of an all over body feeling.

Yesterday I changed up my leg routine from the typical three sets of set weight per set amount of reps (3 x 10) and did some reverse pyramid training. Three sets of back Squats; 1 x 10 (105kg/231lbs), 1 x 12 (95kg/209lbs) 1 x 15 (85kg/187lbs) followed by some Leg Extensions for 2 x 15 moderate weight. This took it out of me, having never done Pyramid training before and the last three reps on the final set of 15 were agony. This day consists of arms, legs and lats. I did legs first, followed by triceps and then moved in to Back with some Seated Rows. This is where I started to feel sick.

The relevance of this is just to give you an idea of what was happening. The general idea I had was that the squats had exhausted me to the point of sheer fatigue and the sickness was overdoing it. I hadn't eaten anything but cereal and milk and it had been about two hours since. This isn't uncommon, not out of the ordinary. The sick feeling came during my second set of seated rows. It was all the symptoms of a migraine, without the head pain. Dizzy, sick feeling (without an intense urge to vomit) and weak. It didn't subside and despite me sitting in the changing rooms sipping water for a good twenty minutes (had biceps and hamstrings left to do) I was unable to. It wasn't until I got home did I feel better to the point of 'normal' again.

I hope I've explained it sufficiently. My mum (Nurse) said a possible cause is a drop in blood sugar hence the reason I'm posting in this section. Any opinions on this?

Thanks for regarding regardless.

*Edit; I should mention I am bulking currently, not cutting. Taking nothing but whey protein and creatine.
    Currently cutting.

Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    Hello,

I hope this is going to be posted in the correct place as I believe it's nutritionally related. I've tried Google and even spoke to family members (in the medical field) but nothing has convinced me.

Occasionally (it's happened twice in the past twelve months I'd say) I feel extremely ill midway through a workout. It's an odd feeling which is terribly difficult to word as it's not a stomach felt sickness, more of an all over body feeling.

Yesterday I changed up my leg routine from the typical three sets of set weight per set amount of reps (3 x 10) and did some reverse pyramid training. Three sets of back Squats; 1 x 10 (105kg/231lbs), 1 x 12 (95kg/209lbs) 1 x 15 (85kg/187lbs) followed by some Leg Extensions for 2 x 15 moderate weight. This took it out of me, having never done Pyramid training before and the last three reps on the final set of 15 were agony. This day consists of arms, legs and lats. I did legs first, followed by triceps and then moved in to Back with some Seated Rows. This is where I started to feel sick.

The relevance of this is just to give you an idea of what was happening. The general idea I had was that the squats had exhausted me to the point of sheer fatigue and the sickness was overdoing it. I hadn't eaten anything but cereal and milk and it had been about two hours since. This isn't uncommon, not out of the ordinary. The sick feeling came during my second set of seated rows. It was all the symptoms of a migraine, without the head pain. Dizzy, sick feeling (without an intense urge to vomit) and weak. It didn't subside and despite me sitting in the changing rooms sipping water for a good twenty minutes (had biceps and hamstrings left to do) I was unable to. It wasn't until I got home did I feel better to the point of 'normal' again.

I hope I've explained it sufficiently. My mum (Nurse) said a possible cause is a drop in blood sugar hence the reason I'm posting in this section. Any opinions on this?

Thanks for regarding regardless.

*Edit; I should mention I am bulking currently, not cutting. Taking nothing but whey protein and creatine.
    Your probably just working hard brah! Fainting in the gym is nothing to be ashamed of it should be welcomed! It's like a spartan warrior who wishes a glorious death in the arena. You have to embrace it! We can all only wish to faint!

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no one on here is a licensed professional (that i know of) i would see a doctor
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    This.
    Get blood tests; could be low in iron/b12. Hows your red meat intake?
    I have a PhD in blood.
    "lmao you naive as **** son. Hope you followed the cardinal rule and didn't have your face in the dick pic, but based on the foolishness you've exhibited in your threads recently, you're probably like holding your dick with one hand and your social security card in the other and holding a piece of paper in your mouth with your name, address and phone number"

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Auron89 View Post
    Your probably just working hard brah! Fainting in the gym is nothing to be ashamed of it should be welcomed! It's like a spartan warrior who wishes a glorious death in the arena. You have to embrace it! We can all only wish to faint!
    It's not fainting though, not quite. lol

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    The frequency in which this occurs would probably deem a trip to the doctor an over exaggeration. If it were a frequent thing I'd agree but once/twice in twelve months isn't a worry (Family members are doctors and they see no reason to). I'd just like to understand more.
    Currently cutting.

Originally Posted by TheTwiglet View Post
    This.
    Get blood tests; could be low in iron/b12. Hows your red meat intake?
    I have a PhD in blood.
    Not much red meat whilst living at home but Iron intake doesn't seem to me a problem. I eat a lot of iron rich foods (nuts, Spinach and fortified cereals as well as a multi-vitamin with Iron). B12 neither, I eat a lot of fish (Mackerel, specifically).
    Currently cutting.

TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not much red meat whilst living at home but Iron intake doesn't seem to me a problem. I eat a lot of iron rich foods (nuts, Spinach and fortified cereals as well as a multi-vitamin with Iron). B12 neither, I eat a lot of fish (Mackerel, specifically).
    Most of the foods you listed are higher (per weight), than beef or lamb, however I can eat 500g steak but I cant eat 350g worth of spinach for a meal. Get what I mean?
    Still, I think blood tests are definitely the way to go.
    "lmao you naive as **** son. Hope you followed the cardinal rule and didn't have your face in the dick pic, but based on the foolishness you've exhibited in your threads recently, you're probably like holding your dick with one hand and your social security card in the other and holding a piece of paper in your mouth with your name, address and phone number"

Choc Milk Connoisseur SacramentoZach's Avatar
    SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This should be completely ignored.

Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Auron89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    Ahhhhh u think?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ahhhhh u think?
    yes, you should not be passing out while working out
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    lol yes, I don't think fainting is the bench mark when it comes to lifting.

Originally Posted by TheTwiglet View Post
    Most of the foods you listed are higher (per weight), than beef or lamb, however I can eat 500g steak but I cant eat 350g worth of spinach for a meal. Get what I mean?
    Still, I think blood tests are definitely the way to go.
    That's very true, thanks for the reply. I'll speak to my GP about blood work.
    Currently cutting.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    My mum (Nurse) said a possible cause is a drop in blood sugar.
    I'd go with ^^^^ this. Take a handful of hard candy with you, and next time this occurs, eat the candy. If the rush of sugar into your bllodstream cures the problem, you'll have your answer.

We can all only wish that you stop posting such nonsense.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733