Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deepsal View Post
    not even going to say anything about the current situation as a lot has been said already

but

you are a backpacker and thats all I care about I always wanted to backpack,travel and ****

it would be great if you post things like how much did you started with,how much did you earned/spent in a week and stuff like that

how much did it cost you approximately in the last two trips
    My first trip in 2010 I spent about 4000 dollars. 3500 of which was inherited when my step-grandfather died. He left me 5k, and I gave some to charity, spent some, then saved the other 3500 to travel. I ran out of money since I was 18, immature, and knew nothing about budgeting. Thus, my dad gave me 500. This trip was 1 month long.

My 2nd trip I painted my father's house, and built him a bridge leading out to a pond in his back yard. It would have costed a contractor 7k, so instead he paid me and my brother 2.5k each. My 2nd trip, I traveled with 3k for 3 months. I came back to the US with 500 dollars, since I actually made 600 under the table while working as a lumberjack in Norway. So, yeah. I was far, far better at budgeting. Less clubbing, less alcohol (or if I drank, it was buying my own at grocery stores and drinking in public). Plus more bread and cheese and what not. The cheap staples of a traveler.

This most recent trip, I went over with 1100 dollars which I saved myself over the summer, working at a daycare, doing landscaping, and temporarily on a paving crew. I also have 700 dollars in stocks, which I haven't had to touch. As of now, I have about 200 of the remaining 1100, and it's been a bit over a month. But I lost 175 on the apartment I originally rented with ex (I paid for both of us, she intended to pay for next place) then lost 75 replacing a pot I burnt for those kunts in the Czech Republic. So, in reality, I've spent about 650 bucks, but other **** adds up.

So right now I have about 900 dollars, counting stocks which I can withdraw, and I also have a 1300 dollar credit card my father loaned me for emergencies. I'm trying to work as much as I can to cover room/board costs so that I don't have to resort to using that, however, since I don't want to be in his debt. He's very cool though and is saying I won't have to pay it back since he's saying my travels are cheaper than school tuition...but still. It's a last resort. Doesn't feel right spending money I haven't earned, but I might have to.

I'm trying to budget on 10/15 dollars a day. When I drink, it's more like 20-25.
    230x1 Bench.
    330x1 Squat.
    460x1 Deadlift.
    17 Pull-Ups.

Misc Philosophers Crew= Where we not only train the body, but also the mind
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142066961

*Always pick 4 crew*
    *1k+ big three lifts crew*

deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50) deepsal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lukens437 View Post
    My first trip in 2010 I spent about 4000 dollars. 3500 of which was inherited when my step-grandfather died. He left me 5k, and I gave some to charity, spent some, then saved the other 3500 to travel. I ran out of money since I was 18, immature, and knew nothing about budgeting. Thus, my dad gave me 500. This trip was 1 month long.

My 2nd trip I painted my father's house, and built him a bridge leading out to a pond in his back yard. It would have costed a contractor 7k, so instead he paid me and my brother 2.5k each. My 2nd trip, I traveled with 3k for 3 months. I came back to the US with 500 dollars, since I actually made 600 under the table while working as a lumberjack in Norway. So, yeah. I was far, far better at budgeting. Less clubbing, less alcohol (or if I drank, it was buying my own at grocery stores and drinking in public). Plus more bread and cheese and what not. The cheap staples of a traveler.

This most recent trip, I went over with 1100 dollars which I saved myself over the summer, working at a daycare, doing landscaping, and temporarily on a paving crew. I also have 700 dollars in stocks, which I haven't had to touch. As of now, I have about 200 of the remaining 1100, and it's been a bit over a month. But I lost 175 on the apartment I originally rented with ex (I paid for both of us, she intended to pay for next place) then lost 75 replacing a pot I burnt for those kunts in the Czech Republic. So, in reality, I've spent about 650 bucks, but other **** adds up.

So right now I have about 900 dollars, counting stocks which I can withdraw, and I also have a 1300 dollar credit card my father loaned me for emergencies. I'm trying to work as much as I can to cover room/board costs so that I don't have to resort to using that, however, since I don't want to be in his debt. He's very cool though and is saying I won't have to pay it back since he's saying my travels are cheaper than school tuition...but still. It's a last resort. Doesn't feel right spending money I haven't earned, but I might have to.

I'm trying to budget on 10/15 dollars a day. When I drink, it's more like 20-25.
    thanks mate and 10_15 $ a day holy **** that's pretty reasonable
    also a y dos or don't s for first time backpackers?
    you should totally make a new thread for this

I am tempted to neg because I am kinda jealous ....have my measlies mate

Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lukens437 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deepsal View Post
    thanks mate and 10_15 $ a day holy **** that's pretty reasonable
    also a y dos or don't s for first time backpackers?
    you should totally make a new thread for this

I am tempted to neg because I am kinda jealous ....have my measlies mate
    Maybe I will man. Seems there's suddenly a bit more interest - thought thread died.

Some basic do's:

- Eat local food. In Poland, that means milk bars. Cheap, tasty, and authentic. There's even some history behind it if you look into it.
    - Avoid expensive clubs. Sure, they may be fun, but I find it easier to pick up girls at bars (as more of a talker/charming type, not a dancer/someone who relies solely on looks). Unless you're really into EDM and are confident in your club game, it's not worth the ridiculous money. Even in a cheaper city like Warsaw, a beer can go from 3-4 ZLN at a pub, to 16 ZLN at a club. That's just stupid.
    - Don't be afraid to ask locals for directions. I did this the day after I broke up with ex in Vienna, and now have a date set up with said local a month later in her home city. Plus, I met 5 of her friends, who I'm due to meet up with for drinks any day now. Be bold, and talk a lot to random people - you never know where it'll get you
    - Take buses, or try hitchhiking or carpooling. Trains are generally expensive, and seldom much faster. May be slightly less comfortable, but I find it worth the trade off. With hitchhiking or carpooling, you might just make some new acquaintances. When I carpooled/semi hitchhiked in Germany (Mitfahrelengenheit is the website) I met this awesome 28 year old dude named Fabian, and he drove me from Koln to Freiburg in a mercedes. We went 250 km on the autobahn and had some good talks - have him on ******** to this day.
    - Check out museums. Even if a particular topic doesn't seem interesting, you'll always find something you're glad you saw, or something you're glad you learned.

Don't:

- Be prejudiced/racist/an islamaphobe. Keep an open mind. I've met some really cool African dudes, muslim dudes, etc. etc. My neighbor at the hostel is a Syrian guy named Sammy. He gives me discounts on kebabs, and I see him around the city all the time for some reason. Very friendly, very cool. Some Americans might be kunts in this situation though and immediately assume negative things because of our governments clashing. Funny enough, most countries we've been at war with have insanely friendly people. Vietnamese, for instance, are some of the most chill, hospitable, funny people I've met.
    - Focus solely on girls/drinking. Expensive, and likely to be a shallow experience, whether you succeed or not. Definitely include it, just don't make it your sole goal while traveling.
    - Stay at hotels. You lose the atmosphere, company, and you pay more for more amenities. The purpose of backpacking is to meet others, live humbly, and explore and satisfy your curiosity. You're not on a business trip. Stick to the hostels, unless you're really craving a good nights sleep or you're with a girlfriend.
    - Be afraid of visiting unknown countries/places that have bad reps. I'm going to Moldova, most likely, which by any accounts is a ****hole. But why not do it while I have the chance?

Hope that helps bro.
    230x1 Bench.
    330x1 Squat.
    460x1 Deadlift.
    17 Pull-Ups.

*Always pick 4 crew*

Met a legitimate HBB last night while out drinking at this bar, Pilalnia, Piwo I Wodka in the city centre.

I overheard this guy who sounded quite British talking and went over to speak, and it turns out he was Hungarian, but for some reason sounded like he was from manchester. Would've thought he was trolling...but he spoke fluent Hungarian, and pronounced a few odd words in English like a European might - showing it wasn't entirely Native.

Anyways, his friend came over and introduced herself - Sofia. I'd been eyeing her earlier, but didn't think anything of it. Now that I had an in (I wasn't going to approach by myself, as I was there with friends), I started flirting. She reciprocated, and we ended up drinking a few beers together, chatting, etc. I told her she looked exactly like the wife from Californiacation, but apparently she'd heard that a few times before. Seemed very cheery, happy, and she was making some physical contact/complimenting my looks/style/****ty beard I have. Her and the Hungarian guy joked I had "Canadian Swag", as I was wearing a flannel shirt, leather jacket, boots and jeans. She was trying to tell me Polish guys almost never have facial hair too, so I guess I have a leg up with my ****ty beard?

Anyways, I left after a while to go try to get wifi to message my boss telling him I'd be a little late for my nightshift. Thankfully, my boss is the man, and didn't give a ****. It took me 20 minutes though, and as I was walking back to the bar, Sofia was on the other side of the street and called me over, then ran up to me and grabbed my arm and proceeded to walk with me ahead of everyone else like we were some sort of Victorian era couple. "Wanna come get food with us?!". Well, ****, of course I did. Her and the Hungarian guy, and his friend, brought me to some little dive bar that served steak tar-tar. This girl ordered it for me since the person didn't speak Polish, then made me mix it up as she did, then was literally spoon feeding that **** to me. When I told her I liked it, she was beaming.

Here's where it gets kind of cringe worthy. I tried to snap a photo of her to post for misc when I went outside with them while they smoked, and I think she suspected something. She asked if there was a flash, but I played it off as the side button automatically taking a photo (this is actually the truth sometimes) and she believed me, then was back to normal and all flirty again, but at first she seemed confused/skeptical. Dodged a bullet, then realized that was a fukking dumb attempt.

Her and the Hungarian dude (who has a GF, am almost 100% sure they're not banging) left with the 3rd girl in a taxi, but as they left she gave me her ******** name, and told me to get in contact with her. So I messaged her today, flirted a bit, made fun of her fake ******** name, then said "so, any chance you'd like to meet up again to feed me steak tar tar and catch a few drinks sometime next week?" and she agreed, "Hmm, why not : D", then we made tenative plans for this Sunday instead, and she was using all kinds of winky's and responding instantly and when she signed off she said "perfect, ciao, "

She's into me. I know that. Here's where I'd like some advice from experienced miscers - I don't know much about her, or her living situation, or anything like that. If I'm going for the kill, I can't really bring her back to my hostel. 1. There's almost definitely not a room avaliable, but I could try as a last resort. 2. If she doesn't have her own place/apartment...where we do go to do the deed if things go well? I'd be happy with a kiss, since this is legitimately the hottest girl I've set up plans with. But at the same time, I'm a man, and I'll try for a home run.

Basically, looking for advice on how to escalate/isolate this girl when we meet up for drinks sometime. Also, it's problematic, because the girl from Vienna also wanted to meet Sunday. So I might have to try to meet one in the day, then one at night. Or should I cancel one? Wat do?
    Last edited by Lukens437; 10-10-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    230x1 Bench.
    330x1 Squat.
    460x1 Deadlift.
    17 Pull-Ups.

*Always pick 4 crew*

PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PostMoves is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^fuuuuuu im living vicariously through your adventures op. mirin hard

IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DukaTheDude View Post
    Bro you only been dating 3 months... You have only had sexual intercourse with 2 other people.....

I banged like 6 slots on a 10 day holiday in aye nappa you don't even wana know my total number.... Chit happens. Gj you found out now.

Im guessing your around 20, it isn't the end of the world, go on that euro trip and re invent yourself as a man. Do crazy fun chit and enjoy yourself. When you are young, that's the time to be free brah!!

Its 2 am and got work at 7 am, but fuarkkkk. My jimmies are as rustled as yours. I have experienced similar chit in the past.

My moto is just concentrate on yourself and keep positive yo. Im now gona go for an 8 k cardio. Ill pray/think of you brah (No homo)

Keep your head up and your heart strong.
    damn, never liked that song, but now that I listened to the lyrics it hit me right in my feels..

fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat_tyre_flyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any update OP? You dead?

Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heych1995 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow OP, only the dead can feel the peace from this rustling.

hang in there man, just shows that you should never catch feels for a girl especially not one you've been dating 3 months. something similar happened to me too but chit man mine was long distance and i ended it over phone. at least check up on her, make sure she gets home safe? but that would be wk'ing it. chit brah hope it works out for you

ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ScallyWag69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    HOLY ****! I know Duncan. He is the man! I just called him and asked about this post, he confirmed it! OP--- Duncan could destroy you mentally and physically. Happy Holidays!

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution FIREnICE's Avatar
    FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FIREnICE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lucidz View Post
    Please tell me you're not more than 19.
    please tell me you're not older than 12
    We're All Gonna Make It
    ***RIP ZYZZ***

goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goodcupcakes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mirin your travelogues. PM the hostels you stayed at if you wood opie. I was planning on a western europe backpack/hostel/whatever the fuark this fall but with how cheap it seems I would do eastern europe just as easily and probably save me a couple grand.

Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rebel11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ****!

It's the first time in all my Misc'ing history i actually growl out loud upon reading a cheating gf story, and i only made it to the "i love you Duncan" part.

FUKKING SLUTS!

EDIT: ****ty thing to do, disrespecting Mozart's statue.
    if *Philosopher Crew* then you should know better.
    Last edited by Rebel11; 01-17-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    [300 Spartan Crew] [Swordsman]
    ♚ Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Crew ♛
    \m/

heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heymateitsjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u still alive opie?

juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) juvefan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why, misc? This same chick loved me.
    3 months and you think she loves you? lol dont be so naive

EDIT: didnt see the time stamp, fuark me
    Last edited by juvefan; 11-20-2014 at 01:08 PM.

y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) y0jimbo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lol OP is a cuck

skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I remember this thread.

Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brandon556211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    phuckin necromancers

PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100) PicksTheLifter is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by bigmane123 View Post
    should of fukd her in the ass
    literally lmao

should've said "the only way I'll forgive you is if I can stick it in your ass." then continued to do as said then never speak to the bish again

Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Itstimetorise is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Not responding. Definitely not giving her that satisfaction. I just hate that if she had been honest from the get go, about who he was, and just ignored this dude, none of this would've been an issue. Was it her need for attention? Lingering feelings for the guy? I don't know. But it sucks.

Either way, I don't regret what I did. No girl will ever lie/emotionally cheat like that and make me for a fool and get away with it. Just need to hold my head high for the euro trip and not look back.
    OP, i am beta ******* compared to many here, in terms of how emotionally needy i can get, but if any woman cheated on me, i would DROP her like a tonne of bricks without even thinking about her or loving her.

Let me give you a tip - you miss the IDEA of the woman you HAD in your own MIND. She was not that woman and you might - or one might- when missing them conflate the two right ?

She is never the woman you thought you knew.