Thread: Sixpack...

Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sixpack...

I can feel my sixpack growing.. It has been for years, when I'm pumped my abs look delicious, it's seriously vincible then I have been training them for years they're like the V-look pack, and when I'm pumped you can also see an 8-pack pumping out !! But now comes the problem, almost always when I've been training I have been a rather skinny boy who has little to no weight to lose, but my abs have pretty much always been covered. I can feel them intensely and I know there is a good pack behind it and I know I can shape it even more if I manage to lose the fat but HOW? I'm getting rather hopeless, maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know, but I would love to start seeing my progress there from now on.. What do you guys do if you want to cut out your abs? Just watch your nutrition, like they say? And if so, do you watch your carbs etc only or do you have a special regimen?

I used to train my abs a lot, now I involve them in my other exercises but don't target them..

Problem is I know there's some good abs beneath there and I know they have the potential to become better and better but just a bit demotivating to still not see them.

All the fat I got seems to be on my abs, and even though it ain't much at all it seems to be enough to prevent my abs from looking good.. I'm not saying they look bad but the sixpack ain't coming out nor are the details which would motivate me so much more !

Thanksss

OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to cut calories.

BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000) BGoodman88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This should answer your questions: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Summarized: 1)Calculate TDEE, 2) Eat 10-15% less than said TDEE until BF% has dropped enough, 3) Go to beach

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to gain more muscle mass

Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And this is the problem right here. One person says cut calories and another says add muscle mass. You cant do both of these at the same time.

coldonline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Therefore,

Originally Posted by Vegmaster View Post
    And this is the problem right here. One person says cut calories and another says add muscle mass. You cant do both of these at the same time.

Add muscle mass (go on a clean bulk) then cut. Summer's almost over .. You can go on a slow 6-7 months bulk then cut. You'll definitely get better results than cutting right now.

Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marly1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coldonline View Post
    Add muscle mass (go on a clean bulk) then cut. Summer's almost over .. You can go on a slow 6-7 months bulk then cut. You'll definitely get better results than cutting right now.
    You guys are definitely right!

But if you compare me to some of the other guys at my gym I'm like two times them, but still they have abs vincible and I don't.. I am truely not concerned about my mass. I admit I would like to add just a bit more but no way mass is my problem.

So you guys say that in order to show your abs ALL I need to do is cut my calories?

OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marly1988 View Post
    So you guys say that in order to show your abs ALL I need to do is cut my calories?
    Yes, it's body fat covering the abs, reducing body fat will eventually reveal the abs.
    Your profile says 10% but your picture says a bit more, I could be wrong of course, regardless, you will have to drop some fat to show some abs.
    AlwaysTryin was suggesting you bulk first, and cut this fat plus the extra once you're around 200-ish, but it's up to you.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Vegmaster View Post
    Because it's simply a matter of personal preference/opinion. They're simply offering what they believe is the best solution, ultimately it's up to the OP as to which route he'd prefer to take.
    Either way he's been provided with sufficient information to take either path.
    So even though some guys have suggested cut and some have suggested bulk I really don't see why you say this is a problem because this is simply topic of personal preference...there really is no right or wrong answer.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePoison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Abs are made in the kitchen for sure. I have better looking abs when I cut and work them out mildly compared to working my abs out like a beast and being heavier. If you want them to be visible you have to lose some of the weight that is covering them.

Learn from your mistakes lucidz's Avatar
    lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think AlwaysTryin was suggesting that the way to get abs is to add muscle mass. I think he's saying that for your size, you should bulk, then cut.
    Its not how strong you are, its how good your aim is from 500 yards.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lucidz View Post
    I don't think AlwaysTryin was suggesting that the way to get abs is to add muscle mass. I think he's saying that for your size, you should bulk, then cut.
    I'm saying if he can't see abs currently at his height and weight, he lacks muscle mass in that region