Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Restlessness & can't sleep - overtraining?

I only lift twice a week and do steady state cardio for 30mins after these sessions but I'm an amateur boxer so on the other 4 days its pretty much HIIT workouts.

I eat around 1000-1500 calories with intermittent fasting. Macros are around 100g carbs 30g fat 100g protein.

RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000)
    how long are you dieting like that? I have figured out, from personal experince... If i eat almost all calories in one sitting i sleep like a baby after that. Google which food combinations have hard time digesting so you can sleep...
    Can work well in combo with such low cal IF dieting...
    I.e. Eating only before bedtime
    everything is fine when you get up by nine
    -----------------------------------------
    today is Tuesday July 1st 2014.
    The weather forecast for Zagreb on Wednesday is sunny 80 degrees with a 100% chance of rock n rolling all night long.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are your stat?. The calories are rather low especially with your activity level.
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jstar1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by THe WeapoN View Post
    What are your stat?. The calories are rather low especially with your activity level.
    6'0 135lbs, Im not liftng heavy weights regularly so is overtraining even possible? I think it might have to do with adjusting to IF instead

Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This has to be troll doesn't it?

Six foot 135 and only 30g fat a day... you can't sleep cause your malnurished and likely incredibly outta wack with all your hormones.

If you have truely kept this up for an extended time your likely starting to have neurological issues.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1000-1500 calories a day - working out and boxing like a beast in the gym? You should barely have enough energy to gte to the gym let alone lift, cardio for 30 mins and HIIT boxing!

However the question is - you can't sleep? I'm not sure we're sleep experts here - but do you have a regular sleep schedule, a regular time you go to bed, any stress keeping you up, hunger issues that keep you from gong to sleep? Assuming this thread isn't a joke.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

Originally Posted by Shandlar View Post
    This has to be troll doesn't it?

Six foot 135 and only 30g fat a day... you can't sleep cause your malnurished and likely incredibly outta wack with all your hormones.

If you have truely kept this up for an extended time your likely starting to have neurological issues.
    I don't know of any food that is high in fat but also low in calories so I stick to eating protein rich foods - chicken breast, tuna, egg whites etc. It just happens there's not a lot of fat in my diet. I don't think its that serious because I still have at least 15% bodyfat so I'm not sickly looking.

Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    1000-1500 calories a day - working out and boxing like a beast in the gym? You should barely have enough energy to gte to the gym let alone lift, cardio for 30 mins and HIIT boxing!

However the question is - you can't sleep? I'm not sure we're sleep experts here - but do you have a regular sleep schedule, a regular time you go to bed, any stress keeping you up, hunger issues that keep you from gong to sleep? Assuming this thread isn't a joke.
    I've switched to IF recently and sleep 6 hours after my last meal so I'm guessing it may be the hunger.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jstar1 View Post
    I've switched to IF recently and sleep 6 hours after my last meal so I'm guessing it may be the hunger.
    try eating some unsalted peanuts before bed. Peanuts according to recent studies do'nt add much to the daily calories for some reason. Possibly have a protein shake with a bit of benefiber. However if you have a strict regular sleep schedule you should fall asleep fast, even if hungry.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP are you female?
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
    OP are you female?
    No, just have little muscle mass

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, just have little muscle mass
    Then why are you on a cutting diet?

Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are probably restless and having a hard time sleeping because your body is desperate for nourishment and wants you to get out of bed and walk to the fridge. Maybe there's something that we're missing (You say that you are an amateur boxer, are you trying to stay in an ultra welterweight division?) but 1000-1500 calories is extremely low for a 6' male. From what little information we have you sound borderline eating disorder. You weigh in the 130's, which is skeletal for someone 6' tall.

Stay safe OP.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
    You are probably restless and having a hard time sleeping because your body is desperate for nourishment and wants you to get out of bed and walk to the fridge. Maybe there's something that we're missing (You say that you are an amateur boxer, are you trying to stay in an ultra welterweight division?) but 1000-1500 calories is extremely low for a 6' male. From what little information we have you sound borderline eating disorder. You weigh in the 130's, which is skeletal for someone 6' tall.

Stay safe OP.
    I'm not skeletal at all, my ribs don't show and I would guess I'm around 15-20 per cent bodyfat. It maybe inadequate nutrition or that body isn't used to my new IF schedule with going to bed on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by jstar1; 09-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.

WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaapStrong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u need to eat more and focus on complex carbs for steady energy

TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheGhost9900 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pics? I want to see what 6-0" 135 looks like.

cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10) cocoalotion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheGhost9900 View Post
    I once was 6'0" and 135 I was not healthy by any means. Being so skeletal is what lead me to lifting weights.

Not saying that you're not in good shape, but your body needs more food. Are you just keeping this weight temporarily for your weight class? If so what's your normal healthy body weight.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat what you are eating + a gallon of milk and a bunch of chicken and steak ASAP
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by cocoalotion View Post
    I once was 6'0" and 135 I was not healthy by any means. Being so skeletal is what lead me to lifting weights.

Not saying that you're not in good shape, but your body needs more food. Are you just keeping this weight temporarily for your weight class? If so what's your normal healthy body weight.
    I'm just aiming to get my bodyfat down to a reasonable level, not worried about the weight class. My usual weight when not monitoring calories is around 145, 150 max if I'm pigging out.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    eat what you are eating + a gallon of milk and a bunch of chicken and steak ASAP
    That's a good way to put on unnecessary fat. I want to put on no more than 2-3lbs a month when i bulk.

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was 6 ft and 125 lbs, but I was in 8th grade. There is no way your at a healthy weight, and you should not be concentrating on cutting at your weight, what little lbm you have is all going to go away, and you will still have all the fat.

Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shandlar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pictures are needed at this point cause this is pretty much a certain troll job.

6 foot 135 is <18.5 BMI. And BMI is notoriously bad for anyone above sedentary skeletal musculature.

If you train as you say you would at least have some extra skeletal muscle on your frame and STILL be in the 'underweight' category for BMI, this would put your bodyfat somewhere in the 6% range, not 15%.

Frankly I'm curious what bodytype you could possibly have for this to be actually true. Do you just have extremely narrow wrist/neck/waist/chest? This would be interesting if actually true, but frankly I just don't believe what you are telling us.

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try taking Magnesium before bed. 200 mg of Magnesium Citrate.

Edit: Just noticed OP's weight and diet. Good god son, eat something. And if you still can't sleep, then try the Magnesium.
    Last edited by mavajo; 09-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

Originally Posted by Shandlar View Post
    Pictures are needed at this point cause this is pretty much a certain troll job.

6 foot 135 is <18.5 BMI. And BMI is notoriously bad for anyone above sedentary skeletal musculature.

If you train as you say you would at least have some extra skeletal muscle on your frame and STILL be in the 'underweight' category for BMI, this would put your bodyfat somewhere in the 6% range, not 15%.

Frankly I'm curious what bodytype you could possibly have for this to be actually true. Do you just have extremely narrow wrist/neck/waist/chest? This would be interesting if actually true, but frankly I just don't believe what you are telling us.
    I have thin wrists and arms. Chest is 36 inches, I just have a light bone structure. I'll post pics tomorrow as its 3am over here and I can't sleep yet again despite not training at all today.

Originally Posted by TheGhost9900 View Post
    Weighed myself today and was 138lbs according to gym scales but I had my clothes on where as at home i weight myself in just briefs. As you can see I still have a lot of bodyfat. So i want to drop it a little further before bulking otherwise I'll be even more fat.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jstar1; 09-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.

jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i have the same exact problem except that i am 12 % bf.

i am thinking of pushing my eating window 2 -3 hours before bed with some carbs just to see if i can sleep better.

i have also be thinking about sleeping pills like melatonin , gaba but i don't want to take pills to sleep plus i don't have money now

any better solutions? :P

op bulk with 200-300 surplus to avoid any fat gain.You have low muscle mass.Even if you add a little bf that's ok it's winter.

i am also skinny but with more muscle so i can still cut some
    UWOTM8

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't sleep because the sound of your body eating itself is keeping you awake
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also avoid caffeine/stimulants for some days to see if that is the problem

because it's a possibility and you could try to drink a hot milk[boiled] 2hr -3hr pre bed or 1 hr your choice. i'have heard it works
    UWOTM8

chess327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not eating enough...PERIOD!

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP for the love of GOD you need more calories ASAP... reverse diet till you get to your TDEE than start bulking from that point even if you get to have your bf lower where else would your body go?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

jstar1 you have an unhealthy lack of muscle mass. This isn't the vanity of a bodybuilding forum where muscle is praised talking, this is just common sense. You are severely limiting your caloric intake, doing lots of cardio. You need to get yourself up to a healthy weight. There are all kinds of health problems that can come from being as underweight as you are. From your posts I don't know that any of us could say decisively that you have an eating disorder but you are showing signs. Your first priority should be eating more to give your body the nourishment it's demanding. If you are struggling with that, there are lots of resources available, even an ED thread here on bb.com. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...9942713&page=1

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weighed myself today and was 138lbs according to gym scales but I had my clothes on where as at home i weight myself in just briefs. As you can see I still have a lot of bodyfat. So i want to drop it a little further before bulking otherwise I'll be even more fat.
    wow

not to be mean but you need to eat ASAP, im guessing you have a self image problem, you are very emaciated looking
    You need more protein, aim for 160g a day, ditch the excessive cardio and aim to gain half a pound of weight a week, you have very little muscle mass at all. Eat more food ASAP, you should not be in the losing fat section, you need to gain weight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?