pollyalice85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pollyalice85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Cheat day confusion please clarify

So iv been doing so well!! 1300 calories a day and doing epic work outs. No eating back calories! I can do this for a week but need a day off.
    So I researched cheat days before I had one. The majority say cheat meal...oops.
    I had a normal breakfast but a big piece of cake after my lunch followed by a dinner party consisting of chips dip cake ice cream pasta and more carbs!
    Today I had work and am exhausted so am picking up my gym schedule tomorrow. I feel so bloated and fat today. Did I seriously set myself back? I had 3000-4000 calories I'm sure! Today I'm only consuming 1000 because I'm to bloated anyway. Am I over reacting or do I need to actually never do this again?

tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomlaw91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pollyalice85 View Post
    So iv been doing so well!! 1300 calories a day and doing epic work outs. No eating back calories! I can do this for a week but need a day off.
    So I researched cheat days before I had one. The majority say cheat meal...oops.
    I had a normal breakfast but a big piece of cake after my lunch followed by a dinner party consisting of chips dip cake ice cream pasta and more carbs!
    Today I had work and am exhausted so am picking up my gym schedule tomorrow. I feel so bloated and fat today. Did I seriously set myself back? I had 3000-4000 calories I'm sure! Today I'm only consuming 1000 because I'm to bloated anyway. Am I over reacting or do I need to actually never do this again?
    You're overreacting. Cheat meals are fine once in a while. If anything you'll get your leptin levels back up
    When people are doubting you, when people are badgering you to get tanked every weekend, when people claim you're boring, just remember you're doing this for you. No one else. If people are too narrow minded to acknowledge your sacrifice, your blood, sweat and tears, your hard work and your happiness to better yourself as a person, they aren't worth it. Simple as that.

matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're fine but personally i would only go like 300 or 400 over maintenance and call that my "cheat day". Little extra calls will allow different types of foods. And another thing, it's not all about cals per day its more about per week. Whats the total cals per week, you don't gain lots of fat ina day worth of eating ****ty.
    190lbs Comp lifts: 420/350/600 USAPL
    Warframe: Scornedfury

US Army
    91B

pollyalice85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pollyalice85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ok

So next time just cheat over 500 calories not a whole day., I'm thinking of dropping calories to 1200 this week to get serious

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The majority say cheat meal...oops.
    Who's the majority? You mean fat people or people on TV who have no idea what they're talking about?

Cheat days were designed EXACTLY like situations above. Instead of enjoying your dinner party like a normal person and living it up - you're miserable, guilty and beating yourself up over it. That's not how diets should work.

Cheat days allow you a nice break and you get to enjoy time with friends and eat what you enjoy eating. It also raises leptin levels and refills glycogen stores. You can't look at dieting/cutting in a vacuum. This is a LONG process for many people. 1 cheat a day, which helps you to STICK to a diet (for psychological reasons too) makes little difference overalll when you're cutting for say 4-5 months.

No way on earth I can handle cutting if on saturday when going out with friends I have to suffer with boring veggies and chicken breast while friends are drinking beer, eating pizza, tacos and mashed potatoes. Heck no! Homey don't play that.

btw: even if you cheat a bit here and there - who cares. 80/20 rule - as long as you stikc 80% to your diet, your'e okay. Forcing people to stick 100% to something is when people fail. Humans aren't robots.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

Fabulous

Advice taken!!! Thanks so much I feel better and now have clarity