fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Creatine - what's it really doing for me?

I guess this could be in the supplements subforum but I only read LF so figured I'd post here. Been taking creatine for ~7 months, was using 10g a day at one point but have been taking normal 5g dose for ages. It's expensive, I'm considering not purchasing more once I run out, what will I really be losing out on (if anything) by doing so? I stopped using it for a week after having a medical issue and didn't really notice a substantial drop off in strength/energy at the gym. If there is a truly valuable reason to continue using it (especially since my cut is coming to an end very soon) I will do so but if I can save a few bucks it would be nice.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you have to stop for several weeks, just ATP production slows slightly.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000) Ahmed81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fat2fit4real View Post
    It's expensive
    What product are you purchasing?

Creatine monohydrate from Allmax is $19.99 for 1000 g. At the 5 g daily dosage, that lasts forever.
    My story:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160403891

Nutrition and debunked myths for noobies:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155909423

Live above the influence & hit your macros

IG: @BadnEvil

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why would you take a supplement before knowing how it may/may not benefit you?
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine is inexpensive. and just read some articles on it man if your unfamiliar how it works. Ive always been a creatine responder
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On a cut? probably making your scale weight higher due to water retention...

Only use tools appropriate for the task..

fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50) fat2fit4real will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    you have to stop for several weeks, just ATP production slows slightly.
    Thanks, I did not realize this. I sort of figured "I guess it's not doing anything" when I stopped using it for a week, sounds like I was wrong.

Originally Posted by Ahmed81 View Post
    What product are you purchasing?

Creatine monohydrate from Allmax is $19.99 for 1000 g. At the 5 g daily dosage, that lasts forever.
    I'm paying about twice as much for the product I'm using but it's still not really expensive. I guess I should've actually said "I'm cheap and would prefer to save money"

Originally Posted by OfficerJimLahey View Post
    Why would you take a supplement before knowing how it may/may not benefit you?
    The internet told me it would help me.

Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Creatine is inexpensive. and just read some articles on it man if your unfamiliar how it works. Ive always been a creatine responder
    Appreciate it, have read a couple articles since I posted this. I try to read up on stuff but I like to read about first hand knowledge/experience on here as well

Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post

What does water retention have to do with making creatine inappropriate for the task with regard to cutting? I'm only concerned with real visual physical progress over time, not a number on a scale.

lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) lVlaKaVeLi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by fat2fit4real View Post
    The internet told me it would help me.
    Creatine has been proven to work, but there are some non responders (mainly people who often eat steak or red meat). However, if you feel that the product isn't working for you, I suggest you STOP taking it immediately, you're wasting your money. Would you be missing out? Not really, if anything creatine only helps you gain about .5-1% additional mass in a year. Not much ehh

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post

I find it funny that OP doesn't quite understand the benefits of creatine, nor that it's quite possibly the cheapest proven supplement, yet still schooled you on your post.

Lmao.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildChild8819 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP first off you need to be taking just 5g a day.Also keep in mind that if you are not drinking enough water(~gallon a day) it is absolutely useless.And if you are just buying pure creatine monohydrate it is very cheap.

If you are drinking enough water while taking it it's is very helpful with recovery and helping push out a few more reps. I definitely notice a difference taking it, especially while im cutting. It will definitely help you retain strength and get through workouts a little easier when you are depleted and have been in an ongoing calorie deficit. Just make sure you drink a ton of water.