NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)

Critque my squat (first time lowbar squatting)

First time doing lowbar. Sorry for bad angle only place I had to put my phone in the gym. Few things is my shoulder hurt a lilttle bit while squatting but I felt less stress on my back which is good. The bar almost slipped off especially for the last set and it did slip off when I went to re-rack it.

lift starts at the 0:40 mark

EDIT: the video is upright even though the thumbnail is sideways
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CooCooCaChoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If the bar is slipping you're probably not keeping your back tight and creating a shelf. To be honest its hard to give any feedback given the distance and angle of the video and wearing baggy sweat pants. Though it does looks like you might need to push the knees out more, thought I saw some knee caving going on.

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel I can keep the bar more planted when my head is slightly lower than neutral (lower tgan deads) and you seem to be looking up.

Also try thumb over the bar and try and lift your elbows up to create a 'shelf'

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CooCooCaChoo View Post
    If the bar is slipping you're probably not keeping your back tight and creating a shelf. To be honest its hard to give any feedback given the distance and angle of the video and wearing baggy sweat pants. Though it does looks like you might need to push the knees out more, thought I saw some knee caving going on.
    fuk I just noticed my knees caving in. Thanks man it's mostly my left knee gotta work on that ty I'll try to get a better view from the side next squat session
    Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
    I feel I can keep the bar more planted when my head is slightly lower than neutral (lower tgan deads) and you seem to be looking up.

Also try thumb over the bar and try and lift your elbows up to create a 'shelf'
    Aren't you supposed to have your elbows underneath the bar?

I'll try thumbover the bar. I've done pinky under the bar before since apparently it helps some ppl with soulder pain but it felt too weird.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BKNets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey check out this video. He talks about pinching shoulders back and keeping you back tight but not having too tight of a grip with your hands. This should help with the shoulder pain.

onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Idk i couldn't really tell from this angle, but you should be pushing with your heels, just push through the floor. Yeah and you already saw the knee caving. Watch the knees in front of the toes, it's ok just not excessively. Also watch the lower back when standing at the top im not sure but it looked like the your pelvis had an anterior tilt make sure you keep it straight and keep your head neutral. Keep growing stronger dude and next time maybe get a side view shot and front shot from a little closer. Maybe with that new instagram app thats going around. keep it up
    StandApartFit.com | Yeah, that's where I get my info!

Change Is A Choice, Walk A Path Of Your Own™ [|]=======[|]

Originally Posted by BKNets View Post
    Hey check out this video. He talks about pinching shoulders back and keeping you back tight but not having too tight of a grip with your hands. This should help with the shoulder pain.

fuark I was squeezing the fk outta the bar. ty for vid

Originally Posted by onemanarmymma View Post
    Idk i couldn't really tell from this angle, but you should be pushing with your heels, just push through the floor. Yeah and you already saw the knee caving. Watch the knees in front of the toes, it's ok just not excessively. Also watch the lower back when standing at the top im not sure but it looked like the your pelvis had an anterior tilt make sure you keep it straight and keep your head neutral. Keep growing stronger dude and next time maybe get a side view shot and front shot from a little closer. Maybe with that new instagram app thats going around. keep it up
    My next squat day is on Tuesday I will try and get a side view. and yes you are right I do have an anterior pelvic tilt. Not just while lifting but in general. I've really been trying to fix it. I've even decided to stop deadlifting for a while to sort it out even though I love them
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

Registered User EndLineTraining's Avatar
    EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50) EndLineTraining will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NaturalFTW View Post
    fuark I was squeezing the fk outta the bar. ty for vid

My next squat day is on Tuesday I will try and get a side view. and yes you are right I do have an anterior pelvic tilt. Not just while lifting but in general. I've really been trying to fix it. I've even decided to stop deadlifting for a while to sort it out even though I love them
    As long as you have a neutral pelvis throughout your deadlift then there is nothing to me that says you should stop. Continue to work on it via band stretching and glute activation drills but you don't have to stop unless you don't meet the former criteria. Looks as though you have some glute instability issues with your squat which can be seen with the valgus knee collapse so inclusion of differe abduction drills will benefit your squat and as well as glute bridges.
    What made you start doing lower bar squats?
    CEO/Head Physical Preparation Coach- End Line Training Systems
    M.S. Kinesiology-Sport Sciences CSU Fullerton
    B.S. Exercise Science, USAW1
    www.endlinetraining.com
    www.********.com/endlinetraining
    Former D1 Football Player
    585 Back Squat
    405 Front Squat
    500 deadlift
    355 bench
    http://endlinetraining.com/2013/12/03/the-best-off-season-ever/
    365x3 Front Squat http://instagram.com/p/n6Fb3tjQsx/

Originally Posted by EndLineTraining View Post
    As long as you have a neutral pelvis throughout your deadlift then there is nothing to me that says you should stop. Continue to work on it via band stretching and glute activation drills but you don't have to stop unless you don't meet the former criteria. Looks as though you have some glute instability issues with your squat which can be seen with the valgus knee collapse so inclusion of differe abduction drills will benefit your squat and as well as glute bridges.
    What made you start doing lower bar squats?
    a lot of people who had APT advised me to stop deadlifts if I want to fix it as fast as possible. So I figured might as well stop deadlifting for like 2-3 months than getting injured and having to stop for longer. I started lowbar because I realized powerlifting is something I would like to compete in and lowbar allows more weight to be moved. I have just started doing glute bridges actually to strengthen glutes so hopefully it will help

oh and the lowbar felt much better for my lumbar which is good cuz my APT kills my lowerback.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks good to me except that your knees buckle in meaning your not pushing out to the side.
    * MISC IT expert *
    * Ron Paul for president!! *

Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archheretic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Aren't you supposed to have your elbows underneath the bar?
    Elbows underneath the bar is how you should perform high bar squats, on low bar squats you lift your elbows up to create a "shelf" that will prevent the bar from slipping.
    Former no-avi anonymous

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Archheretic View Post
    Elbows underneath the bar is how you should perform high bar squats, on low bar squats you lift your elbows up to create a "shelf" that will prevent the bar from slipping.
    lol wut?
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wouldn't this cause the chest to collapse? Or am I seeing this wrong?

onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onemanarmymma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a lot of people who had APT advised me to stop deadlifts if I want to fix it as fast as possible. So I figured might as well stop deadlifting for like 2-3 months than getting injured and having to stop for longer. I started lowbar because I realized powerlifting is something I would like to compete in and lowbar allows more weight to be moved. I have just started doing glute bridges actually to strengthen glutes so hopefully it will help

oh and the lowbar felt much better for my lumbar which is good cuz my APT kills my lowerback.
    work on your core...better yet do abs. do some leg lifts definitely keep with the bridges, get some planks and do progressive variations where you make it harder as it gets stronger. but yeah your abs will tighten pulling you pelvis up making it more neutral. once it's more neutral, destroy your core just make it as strong as you can.
    StandApartFit.com | Yeah, that's where I get my info!

Change Is A Choice, Walk A Path Of Your Own™ [|]=======[|]

rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wutlol

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    brb gonna skwat with elbows above bar because i low bar squat, just like Malanichev, right?
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dafuk
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

Originally Posted by onemanarmymma View Post
    work on your core...better yet do abs. do some leg lifts definitely keep with the bridges, get some planks and do progressive variations where you make it harder as it gets stronger. but yeah your abs will tighten pulling you pelvis up making it more neutral. once it's more neutral, destroy your core just make it as strong as you can.
    yeaap.

Need to strengthen my core,hammies, and glutes possibly and loosen my hip flexors primarily. Finally invested in a foam roller so I am hoping to fix it ASAP.
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr