Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.....

I have a long-running thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section and I spend a lot of time on it.

I invite you to check it out--and subscribe.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...99061&page=100

Thanks.

Updated 10-31-11

Download a FREE pdf file of a conveniently categorized list of
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like your articles Skip. My memories not real good but I really liked the one about what it means to be a man.
    Taking the "less is more" approach to cardio...

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by alkell View Post
    Like your articles Skip. My memories not real good but I really liked the one about what it means to be a man.
    I think that was Kevin Levrone who posted a video about "What it means to be a man."

I'm the MANformation Alpha Leadership Skills guy.

Check out articles, podcasts, and videos at MANformation.com.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Years ago when I was still reading Bodybuilding magazines, Skip's articles in ANMD were a staple in my training.

I'd encourage anyone with questions related to developing your physique to take the opportunity to ask him questions directly.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll be honest: at first I thought this might be hokum, but after checking out your link and a little research, you are thowing down some excellent info.

I'll checking things out.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skip i believe i remember reading you advocated training as heavy as possible and using rep schemes in 4 -6 range. Is this true for all movements or just the compounds?

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Skip, how much protein do you recommend a non-enhanced bodybuilder should consume per day for optimum gains, and do you feel nutrient timing is very important, or minimally important?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What coloring do you use before you compete? How many coats and when do you apply them?

How often and how long do you practice posing before a show?

If one experiences strength loss while on a cut and the person is still above 10% bodyfat, are they doing it wrong?

Thank-you! You are a true pioneer of nattie bb'ing. I was around back in the day when MD went nattie and you were deservingly profiled numerous times.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Skip, big time fan of yours. What was your hardest body part to bring up and how did you alter your training to make it happen? Also, are you a proponent of the bulk/cut cycle approach or do you take the lean gains approach?
    David

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I have a long-running thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section and I spend a lot of time on it.

I invite you to check it out--and subscribe.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...99061&page=100

Thanks.

Updated 10-31-11

Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here
    Sub'd to your 100+ page thread and will get to reading.

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    I'll be honest: at first I thought this might be hokum, but after checking out your link and a little research, you are thowing down some excellent info.

I'll checking things out.

Ray
    Thanks for the feedback, Ray.

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Skip i believe i remember reading you advocated training as heavy as possible and using rep schemes in 4 -6 range. Is this true for all movements or just the compounds?
    Only when you touch and dumbbell, barbell, or machine handle....or sit down to do an exercise (I think that covers everything). LOL

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Skip, how much protein do you recommend a non-enhanced bodybuilder should consume per day for optimum gains, and do you feel nutrient timing is very important, or minimally important?
    I think that depends on the person, how hard they train and create the demand for protein, and how determined they are to find out the most protein they can effectively use. I suggest starting with the old standard, recommended amount--and working upwards for there to find out what works best for you.

"Nutrient timing" has a lot of components and has different meanings to different people. So, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "nutrient timing."

I do think that, after the basic fundamentals of proper nutrition are executing on a consistent basis for a long enough period of time, nutrient timing can take your physique to a higher level. But only if the basics are taken care of first.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    What coloring do you use before you compete? How many coats and when do you apply them?
    Protan - painted on (not sprayed) slowly, surely, and over several days.

How often and how long do you practice posing before a show?
    I don't like to start posing earlier than 6 weeks before a contest. That way, I'm lean enough to feel the muscles flexing. I practice at least 20 minutes a day. As the show gets closer, I'll pose more. The key, however, is to put yourself in mental frame that you are actually on stage and it's showtime. You gotta pose with a sense of urgency and focus even when you are practicing to get the most out of your practice sessions.

If one experiences strength loss while on a cut and the person is still above 10% bodyfat, are they doing it wrong?
    A lot of things could be happening. The first things that come to mind are mental-goal setting challenges. Physically, maybe that person is dieting on too few calories. Maybe if the ate more food and stay leaner earlier in the process, they could have been eating more food at that point in time. It's tough to say.

Thank-you! You are a true pioneer of nattie bb'ing. I was around back in the day when MD went nattie and you were deservingly profiled numerous times.
    Thanks, brother!

NOTE: You all can make it a lot easier for me to help you by posting your questions HERE in the my thread in the IFBB Professional Bodybuilding section of this Bodybuilding.com Forum.

In addition, I'd be happy to answer any question you have that are specific to your own personal needs. With that being stated, be sure you check out this organized, categorized list of questions that I've already answered. They are all included in this free pdf flie that you can view at your own convenience. There are short articles, videos, and podcasts to explain my points more clearly.

puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100) puppychicano is not very well liked. (-100)

cardio

Hi Skip,
    I have a very high body fat 35%. Should I do cardio first thing in the morning or right after weight training? Also for how many minutes at moderate intensity? I'm asthmatic so hiit type cardio can trigger it if I over due it.

shlyshhn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

body fat percentage.

How do I figure out an accurate body fat percentage? Currently 5'6 and 146 lbs sounds heavy but I'm wearing a size 4. Was working on 5_6 days a week.

Originally Posted by puppychicano View Post
    Hi Skip,
    I have a very high body fat 35%. Should I do cardio first thing in the morning or right after weight training? Also for how many minutes at moderate intensity? I'm asthmatic so hiit type cardio can trigger it if I over due it.
    Hi puppychicano...

At the stage you are currently, doing it before or after isn't as important as you just getting it done on a consistent basis.

Do 20 minutes at a moderate pace. Make sure your cardio training is performed just below the threshold on triggering your asthma.

You also need to remember that you DIET is far, far more important to losing your body fat that cardio training!

Bodybuilding: How to Get Ripped Fast

Click Here to Watch Video

Asking for Opinions and Constructive Criticism from Random People Internet: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

No one is going care about your bodybuilding and training success or failure more than you. No one is going to have more time, energy, and effort invested into your success than you. You must remember that when soliciting opinions on the internet.

During this video, Skip La Cour explains why you might be doing yourself more harm than good when asking random people on the internet to critique your physique, training program, or eating plan.

Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine MM250 Pre-Workout

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-17-2011 at 06:31 PM.

What To Look For In A Bodybuilding & Training Coach or Mentor: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

Helping you get the RESULTS you're after should be the #1 priority of the bodybuilding and training mentor or coach you choose. In this video, Skip La Cour gives you some things to remember when selecting a person to guide you.

Put Your Body and MIND In PERFECT Workout Conditions EVERY SESSION!

Click here to order

Updated 11-21-11

Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread by clicking here.

Click here to order

Skip La Cour's Keys to Bodybuilding and Training Success

Invest 10 minutes and listen to this podcast.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Those not taking advantage of the great Q&A thread of Skips over in the IFBB section are really missing out. Skip offers a goldmine of individual advice. Best thread on bb.com, hands down.
    David

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im subbed and still reading through it.
    so far so good.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

tcooler02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

belly fat loss

Skip, I'm 49 yrs old. Weigh 185lbs waist 33. I've been doing extremely strict lo fat diet, I run 15 miles per week every other day, I'm doing my bowflex resistance training 3 days a week at 45minutes each day, I can't seem t make my belly / spare tire to get smaller n go away, any help? Thanks, Wayne C. Ridgeland, S.C.

Originally Posted by tcooler02 View Post
    Skip, I'm 49 yrs old. Weigh 185lbs waist 33. I've been doing extremely strict lo fat diet, I run 15 miles per week every other day, I'm doing my bowflex resistance training 3 days a week at 45minutes each day, I can't seem t make my belly / spare tire to get smaller n go away, any help? Thanks, Wayne C. Ridgeland, S.C.
    Hi tcooler02....

You workout program seems fine.

No matter what level you believe you are at right now, you must take your eating habits to an even HIGHER level if you want to reach those goals that you can't seem to reach.

Do you know RIGHT NOW what the answers to these questions about your diet are?

10 QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR EATING HABITS THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THE ANSWERS TO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SUCCEED WITH YOUR TRAINING EFFORTS

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

I do NOT consider anyone who does NOT readily know the answers to these questions and even have them written down to be in a position to succeed at the level they want with their training goals.

Your diet is THAT important!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

12-1-11 - Answer Today's Bodybuilding and Training Poll Question on my ******** Page:

Click here to participate

tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrtl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Skip, What's the best way to track your results?
    I have done through pictures and through measuring but for some reason I am not seeing the results that I want.
    "TRAIN HARD OR DONT TRAIN AT ALL!"
    www.just4fununlimited.com\
    http://nowallsstanding.com

I RETURN THE REP!!

Originally Posted by tyrtl View Post
    Hey Skip, What's the best way to track your results?
    I have done through pictures and through measuring but for some reason I am not seeing the results that I want.
    Hi tyrtl....

I believe the very best way to track your progress is by creating a list of what I call "Daily Disciplines" that you have researched and are CONVINCED executing every day will help you reach your goals.

Examples of "Daily Disciplines" you can list might be:

1. Eat all X meals today with 10 minutes of their scheduled time.

2. Drink 1 gallon of water a today.

3. Get to the gym on time with my specifically-planned-in-advance routine.

4. Document my progress in the gym by writing it down.

5. Train at an "8" level or higher (on a scale from 1 to 10) during today's session.

6. Do my cardiovascular training session as scheduled.

7. Finish my entire workout within X minutes and stay focused.

8. Take my Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition supplements as scheduled today.

9. Review my "Daily Disciplines" list tonight before I go to bed to monitor my progress.

10. Get to bed by 10 pm.

Monitoring all of these disciplines that you are convinced will help you reach your goals will make sure you stay on track.

How can you not be making progress if you are going "10 for 10" every single day?????

If you are looking for visual ways to measure your progress, take pictures ever 2 weeks (or every week) on the same day of the week, at the same time, and at the same place, wearing the same clothes, at the same camera angle, and with the same lighting (if possible).

The only challenge with taking pictures is that you don't always see progress as quickly as you'd like. And, if you are like me, you'll be dissappointed when you first see the pictures because you thouhg you looked much better. LOL That perception, however, will improve over time.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I get asked many questions that about "bulking" and "cutting."

The link below will take you to a list I put together of the benefits and drawbacks.

During a future post, I will outline a plan.

Click Here to read "The Benefits and Drawbacks of 'Bulking' and 'Cutting'"

Train Hard. Think Big.