Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Probably not

They were probably skinny to begin with, started working out and eating, took drugs, add a dash of good genetics and 2 years later - model body.

You don't have to bulk and cut in one iteration. Getting too fat can be counterproductive. But you do have to separate bulking and cutting.
    But if I didn't cut *or* bulk, and just ate the number of calories I needed to stay roughly the same weight - say 2,400 a day ... and trained hard 3-4 times a week with heavy weights ... my body would still look better and I would gain muscle ... That's my point

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gaz1980 View Post
    But if I didn't cut *or* bulk, and just ate the number of calories I needed to stay roughly the same weight - say 2,400 a day ... and trained hard 3-4 times a week with heavy weights ... my body would still look better and I would gain muscle ... That's my point
    No it would not.

You not gain muscle if you don't eat to grow. You'll never get about 170 lbs if you never eat to get above that weight. Which is why you'll see people in the gym using the same weight and being the same weight month after month
    OG

gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gaz1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    No it would not.

You not gain muscle if you don't eat to grow. You'll never get about 170 lbs if you never eat to get above that weight. Which is why you'll see people in the gym using the same weight and being the same weight month after month
    I'm not talking about gaining weight. I'm talking about staying the same weight.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not talking about gaining weight. I'm talking about staying the same weight.
    You won't build muscle if you stay the same weight
    OG

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Read this:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ng-fat-qa.html

It works (badly) for novices - but you will never reach a worthwhile conclusion using this method.

Yeah, I know it works better to bulk, then cut etc. All I'm saying is, if you never increased your calorie intake, but trained hard - the appearance of your body would change. You'd also get a lot stronger, and I don't see many really strong people with no muscles.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah, I know it works better to bulk, then cut etc. All I'm saying is, if you never increased your calorie intake, but trained hard - the appearance of your body would change. You'd also get a lot stronger, and I don't see many really strong people with no muscles.
    You are repeating yourself. Read the link and you will understand that your method works to a degree - but once you become a late novice / early intermediate, you will PLATEAU and make no further progress with this inefficient method. I speak from experience, not just from an academic point of view.

Unfortunately, the stage you can reach before plateauing is not all that impressive, you are likely to be 15-20% BF with lifts that will barely make you look like you workout.

You are repeating yourself. Read the link and you will understand that your method works to a degree - but once you become a late novice / early intermediate, you will PLATEAU and make no further progress with this inefficient method. I speak from experience, not just from an academic point of view.

Unfortunately, the stage you can reach before plateauing is not all that impressive, you are likely to be 15-20% BF with lifts that will barely make you look like you workout.
    I think we're agreeing with each other. I'm not talking about getting big muscles, or benching 300. I obviously understand that to gain weight you have to eat more calories, as I have done in the past.

I think we're agreeing with each other. I'm not talking about getting big muscles, or benching 300. I obviously understand that to gain weight you have to eat more calories, as I have done in the past.
    I don't

You can be 180lbs and in fantastic shape. Or you can be 180lbs and look like you don't lift.

If you don't take charge of your diet, it's going to be the latter.

The difference is body composition. You cannot gain a favourable body composition without forcing the issue. Effecively doing something your body doesn't want to do. It would prefer moderate amounts of fat and muscle - which most average Joes already have.

JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100) JoshSway is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Jnewbuild View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is there any asthetic plans someone can direct me to, or will allpro's plan be sufficient for building a lean defined body?
    Maybe it is just me, but, most likely, if you are just starting working out, no matter what 'aesthetic' body type you want you will need to add muscle, and nothing adds muscle better than lifting heavy weights (focus on compound exercises), eating a lot, and sleeping a lot. Once you have the prerequisite amount of muscle (which is MUCH MORE than you think, even for the lean ripped bodies you see) then focus on a specific plan for your specific body goals.
    www.swayseduction.com -- For more women than you can handle

Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I won't try and confuse you, but so I'll keep it simple.

Follow All Pro's or ICF 5x5. Both will give you a balanced muscle development, and will make you strong too. ( ICF will make you strong faster ).

Read the nutrtion section stickies, and eat at a 300 surplus.
    Any post I make should not be taken seriously.

I don't

You can be 180lbs and in fantastic shape. Or you can be 180lbs and look like you don't lift.

If you don't take charge of your diet, it's going to be the latter.

The difference is body composition. You cannot gain a favourable body composition without forcing the issue. Effecively doing something your body doesn't want to do. It would prefer moderate amounts of fat and muscle - which most average Joes already have.
    I am on a calorie deficit at the moment, for financial reasons - working away trying to save money, and in an expensive hotel. But in the gym a lot more than usual - and my body is starting to improve. That's all. I'm not saying my muscles are getting bigger, but maybe I'm losing fat - end result is a better body. That's all.

Md, Misc, Old-Brah SillieBazzillie's Avatar
    SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is an interesting discussion and I've lived it for the past 6 months or so. I'm trying to lose that last 3 - 5% of body fat to get to a target of around 10 - 12%. My question is, knowing that I've been eating at a deficit trying to get there but still working out heavy, I can't expect my muscles to grow, but what would happen if I changed my 4 hours of weights/week to say 2 hours/week? Why kill yourself when you're cutting with 25 sets/session or so if it's not going to do any good? Would 10 sets produce the same results? Beyond the calorie burn I'm getting from the extra work, what else is it accomplishing?

Also, assuming I ever reach my goal, I'm not confident in my ability to shed weight to bulk back up properly. So say I go to maintenance calories or just slightly above while lifting heavy. Will I just stay the same forever?

Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    This is an interesting discussion and I've lived it for the past 6 months or so. I'm trying to lose that last 3 - 5% of body fat to get to a target of around 10 - 12%. My question is, knowing that I've been eating at a deficit trying to get there but still working out heavy, I can't expect my muscles to grow, but what would happen if I changed my 4 hours of weights/week to say 2 hours/week? Why kill yourself when you're cutting with 25 sets/session or so if it's not going to do any good? Would 10 sets produce the same results? Beyond the calorie burn I'm getting from the extra work, what else is it accomplishing?

Also, assuming I ever reach my goal, I'm not confident in my ability to shed weight to bulk back up properly. So say I go to maintenance calories or just slightly above while lifting heavy. Will I just stay the same forever?
    The reason why we/most say to lift heavy 5 reps during a cut is to preserve what strength/mass you have while cutting down on the fat. You will lose some strength/mass, but how much is up to you.

As for eating at maint...it's hard to do as your body has an EPOCH effect. I did this for 6 weeks and actually lost weight despite my calories being constant.
    OG

SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SillieBazzillie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks. I currently mix up low/many rep schemes. I'll change it to all high rep schemes.

Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    Thanks. I currently mix up low/many rep schemes. I'll change it to all high rep schemes.
    LOL...that's not going to work. Enjoy losing your mass and strength.
    OG

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am on a calorie deficit at the moment, for financial reasons - working away trying to save money, and in an expensive hotel. But in the gym a lot more than usual - and my body is starting to improve. That's all. I'm not saying my muscles are getting bigger, but maybe I'm losing fat - end result is a better body. That's all.
    What they're saying is that your body is starting to improve, but that's because you're in the period of beginner gains. You might actually be fine with your body never getting bigger than what you can get out of beginner gains.

But from your phrasing, you seem to think that it will continue improving indefinitely, and it won't without eating a calorie surplus. The changes you're seeing now will not go on forever, or even for a long time, like your posts seem to be saying. You will see some changes - then they will stop (unless you start bulking).

Smile

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    LOL...that's not going to work. Enjoy losing your mass and strength.
    Whoops, meant low rep schemes.

Jnewbuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quick Question Everyone.

All Pro's plan says to workout three times a week. Day 1 heavy 100%, Day 2 medium weight 90%, Day 3 light weight 80%.

It says if you miss one day, then you will have to do two heavy sets 100% Weight that week.

Can this plan then be cut down to two days a week continuously? if you simply did two heavy sets per week maintaining the required reps, without dropping the weight over the course of the week?

Quick Question Everyone.

All Pro's plan says to workout three times a week. Day 1 heavy 100%, Day 2 medium weight 90%, Day 3 light weight 80%.

It says if you miss one day, then you will have to do two heavy sets 100% Weight that week.

Can this plan then be cut down to two days a week continuously? if you simply did two heavy sets per week maintaining the required reps, without dropping the weight over the course of the week?
    Follow the program as it is.
    OG

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have not done it yet but some of the most respected users here like Kelei and all pro say that recomp is possible and recommend it. Bulking 10lb then recomp, then 10 lb more then recomp and so on. They say you will still gain muscle during the recomp but much slower, of course, but you won't lose muscle like in a cut. In fact Kelei says that you will likely get the same results in the long term doing bulk+recomp or bulk+cut. The only limit is not going too low bf or you wont be able to recomp.
    Again I haven't tried it yet so I can't say it's true but I'm sure all pro, kelei and many of the ones using kelei's routine have tried it.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quick Question Everyone.

I've thought a lot about this, because I prefer to lift only twice a week as well. In some ways I think it's just a matter of "try different variations and see what seems to work the best".

You can -
    1. Lift heavy twice a week, with at least 2 days of rest in between.
    2. Divide it into one "Heavy" day and one "Light" day each week.
    3. Do the regular progression, just over more than 1 week. If you work out Mon and Fri -
    Mon - Heavy
    Fri - Medium
    Mon - Light
    Fri - Back to Heavy
    Mon - Medium
    Fri - Light

I really don't know which would be optimal, though.

Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    What they're saying is that your body is starting to improve, but that's because you're in the period of beginner gains. You might actually be fine with your body never getting bigger than what you can get out of beginner gains.

But from your phrasing, you seem to think that it will continue improving indefinitely, and it won't without eating a calorie surplus. The changes you're seeing now will not go on forever, or even for a long time, like your posts seem to be saying. You will see some changes - then they will stop (unless you start bulking).
    No - when I'm back in UK I'll begin a bulk around 500cals per day above maintenance. What's happening right now is my calories are probably lower than they've been for years, and I'm lifting weights, so aesthetically this is looking alright - maybe because I'm losing fat and the muscle I have is more apparent. Obviously I know I will not gain any bulk or serious size unless I pack calories in.

Jnewbuild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

I've been doing this plan for a while now, and have been eating a lot more than regularly but I have lost weight.

I look bigger, yet have less weight. Is this normal?

Also I have a complete lack of upper chest and traps, so should I include these in this workout routine? I don't know when I should start adding them, but those two area.s of my body need work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by malcolm84 View Post
    you guys think i can still look pretty big at 5'8" 170 lbs and about 15% body fat if i start cutting down or "shredding"? I was trying to get big but screw that. i feel i dont have genetics for that and i feel im getting old, lol, for buffing up at 28. been working out for quite some time but dont really have the $ to up my protein and calorie intake. also i feel aesthetics would be more appealing to my frame, got nothin against big guys but damn aesthetics look good, not gay either, nothing against gays either. lol just dont want to offend anyone
    Looking big is always relative. I know I'm nothing special to look at but I also get comments every now and then that I am large. Basically asking a us if 5'8" 170 will have you looking big even with low body fat is going to leave you disappointed, but that doesn't mean you still can't look really good or get as strong as possible at that size.

Not everyone has the same goals and I can easily relate to not wanting to look like a pro, but as already said that's not something that really happens over night unexpectedly. You honestly sound like someone who might be in a rut or reevaluating your goals. This is good assuming it isn't something that happens every 2 weeks into a new program. Don't sell yourself short though, you can't predict your genetic limitations and I would be willing to bet you could get much bigger if you wanted to, so if that's all that is stopping you from trying, lose that attitude and just bust ass.

It just seems like a slippery slope type of thought process, right now its "I'm 28 and getting old " ( lol) "my genetics might be limiting me" 2 years from now it might be "I look good enough for 30, maybe I'll cut down my gym time"

I'm just saying though, you might not have the genetics to become a world champion in the sport of your choice, but that doesn't mean you don't have the capacity to improve a ton if you really wanted to.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been doing this plan for a while now, and have been eating a lot more than regularly but I have lost weight.

Also I have a complete lack of upper chest and traps, so should I include these in this workout routine? I don't know when I should start adding them, but those two area.s of my body need work.

Did you go from somewhat sedentary to training regularly? Even though you may be eating more than you were, if you are also moving a lot more than you were your body will be using a lot of those extra calories, potentially all of them. Don't be afraid to tack on another few hundred calories for a week or two and see how it affects your body weight.

I would say as far as targeting specific muscles goes, at the end of the day its your call. If you are a new lifter, it might be a smarter idea to keep doing what you're doing, sometimes these things are self correcting when you perfect your technique or simply get stronger. If you are in a spot where you know what you want to look like and are making progress getting there, make simple changes and take note of how they effect you. Swap out flat pressing for incline work for a few weeks and see if it starts turning your issues around.

Different focuses affect people in different ways though, I know I rarely do direct trap work, but all through high school and college I was deadlifting and cleaning, for me this built some nice traps, relative to the rest of me at least.

Lifting weights burns calories. Add 200-300 more on your days and you'll gain the weight back.

While direct work is great, you are also 145 lbs at almost 6'. you're going to have a lack of everything at that height and weight.
    OG

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post

But -
    1. It's a program for building strength and bulkier muscles
    2. It's exhausting
    3. It's time consuming
    bulkier muscles. yeah bulkier muscles. u wot m8?