freddyd17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long before I see muscle gains and fat loss?

Im a 24 year old guy. My height is 5'4 without shoes and weigh about 207 pounds and a Body fat percentage of 31%. For my height im actually overweight if not obese. I should be around 144 according to my doc. I want to gain some muscle and lose fat. I even have man boobs that look disgusting.

I just started this week and dieting also. So what I want to know is, should I lose fat before I star pumping iron or should I just lift weights with cardio.

My workout regimen and diet are as follow:

MWF Full body workout lifting weights but at the beginner stage. Cant really lift heavy things since I just came out from chemo and it really weakened my muscles a year ago. Think only doing the machines and bench pressing 60 pounds.

Cardio/Eleptical trainer every single day, no excuses and having a goal of burning 500 calories a day.

Diet:

Doing Interment to Fasting with a 6 hour window
    A vegetable smoothie mixed with Coconut Oil
    2 cans of tuna fish and half a can of corn with half an avocado
    A plain turkey sandwich with like 7 slices of turkey
    1 apple

Supplements:
    1 Multivitamin
    1000mg of Vitamin C
    2000Mg of Vitamin D
    400Mg of Vitamin E
    5000Mg of Biotin
    3000mg of Fish Oil
    4 cups of Green Tea
    Whey Protein
    Nitric Oxide
    ZMA-Testostorone Booster
    Horny Goat Weed

(Do not take Creatine because I heard that it makes you gain weight and thats the last thing I need)

Any advice is greatly appreciated and let me know if im doing something wrong. Im in a caloric deficit diet to lose the fat but does it harm my muscle?

How long before I see significant Muscle gains? I already lost 5 pounds in 3 days so far doing this. Is this the right strategy?

Sorry for making this long. I need help guys.

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    SIR what is your caloric deficit... please state it in exact numbers lol.. and yes macros too. See, burning 500 calories isnt gonna do anything if you dont have a good deficit.

The first few days you'll lose water weight, so a huge weight loss isn't surprising and cannot be used to gauge anything.

Also, you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.. thus a deficit will not result in muscle gain. Even if it does, it would be insignificant and you should not be aiming for that.

Creatine increases your weight due to extra water weight... isn't that bad of an idea as it helps to maintain lifts on a cut.

And as for the program... Starting Strength/ Stronglifts 5x5 would be a good idea.
    Last edited by liketobodybuild; 08-29-2013 at 12:46 PM.

razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) razor23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also, don't eat 2 cans of tuna every day...unless you enjoy mercury poisoning! Mix it up with other sources of protein (i.e. chicken, steak, eggs, etc.)
    ***Canadian Crew***
    3 kids, wife, full time job and I workout every day...there are almost no excuses not to be fit.

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your entire plan is fcuked. Your calories would be WAY too low. That plus daily cardio will run you into a huge deficit. You will lose fat as well as muscle, you will feel like sh!t and will ultimately quit the plan. You will not gain any muscle while cutting, especially with that kind of a deficit. I would advise a much more moderate plan. 500 calorie deficit from diet and maybe cardio 3x a week and weights 3x a week. That's a much more sustainable plan. You have lots of weight to lose so you need something you can stick too. This crash diet will cause a lot of weight loss in the short run but will leave you a wreck in the long run.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by vismal View Post
    your entire plan is fcuked. Your calories would be way too low. That plus daily cardio will run you into a huge deficit. You will lose fat as well as muscle, you will feel like sh!t and will ultimately quit the plan. You will not gain any muscle while cutting, especially with that kind of a deficit. I would advise a much more moderate plan. 500 calorie deficit from diet and maybe cardio 3x a week and weights 3x a week. That's a much more sustainable plan. You have lots of weight to lose so you need something you can stick too. This crash diet will cause a lot of weight loss in the short run but will leave you a wreck in the long run.
    lol

Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miakiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you should be aiming for 1900-2000 calories a day. You should consider weight lifting the most important part of your workout, as this will preserve your muscle. You may see a few strength gains in the beginning but not much as you will be losing fat and not building muscle, when you get down to maybe 140~150 then you can start bulking and building muscle. You can do cardio, but you don't need to to lose fat. Cardio is great for heart health though so I always recommend some of it.

ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToshiroAki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for the record you're not doing IF if your consuming whey protein and green tea outside that window.

---

second, why so many sups?

---

third, you can tone your muscle and get stronger in just a few months. (with a good routine!) but not gain muscle mass like crazy or buff out on low cals.

---

fourth, macro counting, calorie counting, water intake, and patience. this is all you need to be thin.
    90 day transformation challenge,

May-1 (394.4) May-8 (385.3) May-15 (371.6) May-22 (362.1) May-29 (356.2)
    June-5 (347.8) June-12 (341.6) June-19 (337.3) June-26 (333.4)
    July-3 (325.0) July-10 (320.1) July-17 (316.3) July-24 (312.2) July-31 (306.9)
    August-1 (306.1) final weigh in

---
    Former 500lb club
    Former 400lb club
    Former 300lb club
    Former 200lb club

zargoza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ToshiroAki View Post
    for the record you're not doing IF if your consuming whey protein and green tea outside that window.
    I don't see the reason for not drinking green tea thoughout the day on IF as it's caloric free. I myself drink like 10 cups of it daily on IF :P

Creatine might be actually helpful when cutting for better performance, you really wont gain any weight with it when on a deficit diet.

I'd actually go for a lot more veggies and lesser calorie deficit as you're really gonna feel like a wreck after some time. It's not really motivating at all.

And yeah 2 cans of tuna is overkill, wouldn't reccomend :P