TBonesfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

10 days out from first body building show!! Need some advice

It has been a great journey for contest prep. I have really learned a lot about my body, my diet and my training. I have dropped 25 pounds thru my prep and feeling very lean and ready for the stage. Here is my question: I'm 5'9" currently 158.4#, which in the NPC show on Sept 7th puts me in the Welterweight class. I will post pics, carrying good muscle size for my weight. My coached has dropped my macros this week and prepping my peak week to try to get me down to 154 1/4 for the Lightweight class. Actually, here is my question, weigh in is Friday night at 7pm. Our plan was to carb load Friday and Saturday morning (from my understanding), but to make this weight class, I'm not sure I can get to 154 with eating all day. SHould I go conservative during the day to make weight or what?? I'm sure his thinking is that going down a class would surely help with my chances, but I'm worried about going all day without much food and looking flat at pre-judging Sat at 11am. Any advice? I'll learn how to post pics today. Sorry.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    With weigh in being so late on Friday, I wouldn't try to "under eat" in order to make weight, since you will likely not have adequate time afterwards to properly carb up. That being said, you have a coach and I would follow his advice since that is what you are paying him for.

Thank my man!! I trust him and he has done great so far, couldn't make it without him!! Just getting a little nervous and thought I would ask the group for advice. This is such a great adventure and have really enjoyed the whole process, just didn't want to screw up anything at the end.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually getting down in weight would be easier done by removing some water, sodium. Once you weigh in it will be easy to put the water back where it belongs within 12 hours.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Thanks Paul-that makes total sense to me and now that I think about it, I'm sure that's what my coach was referring to. We all get nervous this last few days and I knew you guys on this thread would know what to tell me--I meet with my coach on Sunday to discuss our last week prep, but I appreciate everyone's help wrapping my brain around this new challenge to me.

wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP I am not a fan of trying to "make weight" for a bodybuilding competition...I believe that if you stay on your planned prep and come in looking your best the weight class you are in should not mean anything! If you do something drastic and you come in flat it will not matter what weight class you are in...if you shoot for the overall you have to beat the middleweight anyway correct?? (and btw in many shows the lightweight class is just as if not more competitive than all of the other classes)...Just never thought in treating bb like wrestling or boxing because those sports are about performance and not about the way one looks...just my advice but best of luck in whatever weight class you end up in!!

BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000) BB12s is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's an amazing feeling when you do your first event. There are many different theories for that last week and you're first will be your hardest. One thing to really keep track of is offer this event to see how your body response and use it for your second one.

Some great advice in here and best of luck!!
    ~*~* THIS SPACE FOR SUPPLEMENT COMPANY RENT ~*~*

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ________________.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TBonesfitness View Post
    It has been a great journey for contest prep. I have really learned a lot about my body, my diet and my training. I have dropped 25 pounds thru my prep and feeling very lean and ready for the stage. Here is my question: I'm 5'9" currently 158.4#, which in the NPC show on Sept 7th puts me in the Welterweight class. I will post pics, carrying good muscle size for my weight. My coached has dropped my macros this week and prepping my peak week to try to get me down to 154 1/4 for the Lightweight class. Actually, here is my question, weigh in is Friday night at 7pm. Our plan was to carb load Friday and Saturday morning (from my understanding), but to make this weight class, I'm not sure I can get to 154 with eating all day. SHould I go conservative during the day to make weight or what?? I'm sure his thinking is that going down a class would surely help with my chances, but I'm worried about going all day without much food and looking flat at pre-judging Sat at 11am. Any advice? I'll learn how to post pics today. Sorry.
    do EXACTLY as your coach tells you. Do NOT stray from it one bit. If it doesnt work then you will know whos fault it is. If you stray from the plan and it doesnt work you cant blame anyone but yourself. Eating certain amounts of macros can cause weight to fluctuate so dont sweat it. You may make weight after all. Make weight, load up and come in HUGE/Ripped.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5'9" is going to be a very tall LW.....in the NPC most are going to be in the 5'2-5'4" range. If you look nice and full now I would not deplete down to make 154.5. At 5'7" I am a tall MW at 176lbs.........
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wrhalljr View Post
    OP I am not a fan of trying to "make weight" for a bodybuilding competition...I believe that if you stay on your planned prep and come in looking your best the weight class you are in should not mean anything! If you do something drastic and you come in flat it will not matter what weight class you are in...if you shoot for the overall you have to beat the middleweight anyway correct?? (and btw in many shows the lightweight class is just as if not more competitive than all of the other classes)...Just never thought in treating bb like wrestling or boxing because those sports are about performance and not about the way one looks...just my advice but best of luck in whatever weight class you end up in!!
    I would agree with this as well. Unless you are competing in a show where the competitor's are all top notch (like a pro show), being at the bottom of a heavier weight class is no big deal. I compete in NABBA which has height classes instead of weight classes and I've easily beat guys 20-30 lbs heavier than me. Nail your conditioning, peak properly and pose your ass off. The rest will take care of itself!

I have mentioned how much I LOVE this website?? Great feedback guys--I really appreciate all your help. As I read thru each reply this morning, I could feel my heart rate coming down. BB12, you are so right, the feeling going thru this "first time" is absolutely amazing. I'm 45 years old, have said that I wanted to compete for over 15 years and I'm finally seeing my dream come true. In my eyes, I'm already a winner, the feeling of being in control of my macro's, committing to the gym time, cardio time.....it really pushes you to see who you really are and how bad you want it.....I can't control who shows up or what the judges think, I can only control me and I have truly enjoyed this journey. I have blogged daily because this will not be my only show, I'm hooked. Again, thanks for your replies and suggestions.

dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbarry14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm currently in a similar situation. My first show is in 9 days (Sept. 7th also). I'm 168 right now and wanted to get to 165 1/4 lbs. My coach told me not to worry about it. I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. If I make it great, if not, no big deal. I just want to look the best I can and have no expectations about where I'll place. Hopefully the judges like what they see.
    Preparing for first competition 9/7/13.

wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wrhalljr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dbarry14 View Post
    I'm currently in a similar situation. My first show is in 9 days (Sept. 7th also). I'm 168 right now and wanted to get to 165 1/4 lbs. My coach told me not to worry about it. I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. If I make it great, if not, no big deal. I just want to look the best I can and have no expectations about where I'll place. Hopefully the judges like what they see.
    Best of luck to you also...and your coach is correct, don't worry about weight...I personally replaced the "scale" with the "mirror" years ago!!

DBarry--sent you a PM.

RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000) RCSSdirector is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wrhalljr View Post
    totally agree. I did this for my first show ever. I made the weight class that i thought i would be more competitive in but it made me look frail and flat. Just come in best shape possible and dont worry about the class. You will ensure you best look this way.
    Director of Marketing - Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
    IG - @RCSSdirector
    YEAH BUDDY... COMING SOON