Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cutting

daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting

Hi,

I am a 22 year old female standing 5'1" and 26% BF. Drinking minimum 1 galling water a day w/ cellucor BCAA's, carefully tracking meals and using IIFYM with emphasis on 90% clean foods and supplementing with protein powder, allowing a cheat 1x every two weeks, lifting heavy 3x a week and doing HIIT 2-3x a week. I am totally stalled in my fat loss, looking to cut down to about 15-17% BF and I am not sure how to progress. Any advice would be much appreciated.

eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eladophir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please post target calories and macros

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how long have you 'stalled'?

and are you stalled on the scale weight AND mirror results?
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do not understand, why you don't say anything about cardio, about your your diet? Do you have a picture? Why you take protein and BCA in this phase?
    FLo

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calories and macros? Is the weight stat listed (125) correct?

daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniellesimon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry, a little new to the site and don't have all my info updated.

Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 125lbs

MACROS:
    Calories:1527
    Carbs: 150
    Fat: 51
    Protein 124

Have been stalled in both scale and physical appearance (for the most part) for about 3-4 months. I say for the most part because you can see a LITTLE muscle definition in upper body, back, and legs, when flexig and clearly hiding under a layer of fat. I honestly don't care what I weigh, my goal is to cut my body fat low enough that I can see clear muscle definition.

swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500) swifty17 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by daniellesimon View Post
    Sorry, a little new to the site and don't have all my info updated.

Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 125lbs

MACROS:
    Calories:1527
    Carbs: 150
    Fat: 51
    Protein 124

Have been stalled in both scale and physical appearance (for the most part) for about 3-4 months. I say for the most part because you can see a LITTLE muscle definition in upper body, back, and legs, when flexig and clearly hiding under a layer of fat. I honestly don't care what I weigh, my goal is to cut my body fat low enough that I can see clear muscle definition.
    my suggestion would be to cut your calories down to 1300. cutting your carbs back to <100 would also help. you could also give IF a try

BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat less, you shall begin losing again. Try say 12-13 hundred
    We don't drive fast in texas, got that ish on cruise control

Cowboys, mavs, red raider football

April 1 2010: 315 lbs
    May 1 2013: 205 lbs

TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheCorporation is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would drop your daily calories down to 1400 and cut out 50 grams of carbs. Give that a shot and see how it works. Or maybe eat something like 1500 on cardio days and 1300 on non cardio days to give you a little more energy for the intense sessions.
    Beast it!

florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) florycad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    - cut your calories down to 1200 !!
    - eat low carbo, low fat
    - eat small portions 5 -6 times a day
    Eating fiber, salad, lean meat

cardio 25-30 minutes in the morning, 25-30 minutes in the night.
    PS:
    ATENTION !
    If you drink cola, smoke, drink alcohol, eat crackers, bread, soup, candy ... etc. everything is in vain!
    FLo

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How closely are you tracking your calories? Do you have a food scale? Are you weighing everything?

Keep in mind that you won't see muscle definition unless you already have solid muscle definition underneath the fat. How long have you been lifting on a proven routine? If you're relatively new (<1 year) to this and/or have been cutting the whole time you probably don't have enough muscle to show definition yet. You may need to spend some solid time eating in a surplus and lifting heavy to gain muscle.

Originally Posted by swifty17 View Post
    my suggestion would be to cut your calories down to 1300. cutting your carbs back to <100 would also help. you could also give IF a try
    no
    Originally Posted by BACCuS91 View Post
    Eat less, you shall begin losing again. Try say 12-13 hundred
    no
    Originally Posted by florycad View Post
    - cut your calories down to 1200 !!
    - eat low carbo, low fat
    - eat small portions 5 -6 times a day
    Eating fiber, salad, lean meat

cardio 25-30 minutes in the morning, 25-30 minutes in the night.
    PS:
    ATENTION !
    If you drink cola, smoke, drink alcohol, eat crackers, bread, soup, candy ... etc. everything is in vain!
    and definitely no

JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JynxLee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    She would be completely fine dropping down to around 1300 cals and 100 carbs, for a month if anything to break the plateau and then re-evaluate. Lets remember she's not a man trying to pack on mass and she didn't state she stalled in muscle gains, shes focusing on losing fat. Eating at a surplus is the last thing she should do right now.

Originally Posted by JynxLee View Post
    She would be completely fine dropping down to around 1300 cals and 100 carbs, for a month if anything to break the plateau and then re-evaluate. Lets remember she's not a man trying to pack on mass and she didn't state she stalled in muscle gains, shes focusing on losing fat. Eating at a surplus is the last thing she should do right now.
    If she's in a deficit she's not going to making any significant muscle gains.

Women's bodies do not work all that differently from men's bodies (besides our significantly lowered muscle gaining capacity... which makes having muscle that much more precious). She's not going to all of a sudden be defined and toned if there's no muscle to work with. 1300 calories is low for someone of her stats and activity level. Rather, if she wants to continue cutting, she needs to get a strict handle on how much she's actually eating.

This would be easier to evaluate with pictures, but if she's not showing definition at these stats she needs to gain muscle.
    Last edited by illiniStrive; 08-29-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    If she's in a deficit she's not going to making any significant muscle games.

Women's bodies do not work all that differently from men's bodies (besides our significantly lowered muscle gaining capacity... which makes having muscle that much more precious). She's not going to all of a sudden be defined and toned if there's no muscle to work with. 1300 calories is low for someone of her stats and activity level. Rather, if she wants to continue cutting, she needs to get a strict handle on how much she's actually eating.

This would be easier to evaluate with pictures, but if she's not showing definition at these stats she needs to gain muscle.
    I don't see your advice here !.
    FLo

Originally Posted by florycad View Post
    I don't see your advice here !.
    Uhhh, my advice is right there as well as in my previous posts. OP needs to find a better way to track what she's eating... if she were truly eating 1500 calories, she would not be stalled for 3 months straight.

If she's undermuscled, it won't behoove her to continue cutting as she needs to focus on building muscle.

If you read my post closely, you would have comprehended the above from what I wrote earlier.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It doesn't matter if you're counting your cals accurately or not as long as you're consistent in your methodology. You need to drop cals. I'd keep fat and protein the same and lower carbs to 100. Go there for 2 weeks.

As an example I have a woman I train that's 5-4 and to get her from 135 to 125 she was at an accurate 1,200 cals a day and this is with 3 days of weight training and 2 cardio sessions a week.

You girls are little and you just don't need that many cals. Once she got to her target she maintains on 1,600. People have to understand that going low cal to get the weight off isn't a permanent program.

Some women that carry a lot of muscle need more cals than this but 90% of the women that "train" don't fit into this category.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000) BACCuS91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    It doesn't matter if you're counting your cals accurately or not as long as you're consistent in your methodology. You need to drop cals. I'd keep fat and protein the same and lower carbs to 100. Go there for 2 weeks.

As an example I have a woman I train that's 5-4 and to get her from 135 to 125 she was at an accurate 1,200 cals a day and this is with 3 days of weight training and 2 cardio sessions a week.

You girls are little and you just don't need that many cals. Once she got to her target she maintains on 1,600. People have to understand that going low cal to get the weight off isn't a permanent program.

Some women that carry a lot of muscle need more cals than this but 90% of the women that "train" don't fit into this category.
    LOL i always tell people that and ive never heard anyone say it on here but its so true. Its irrelevent if your truly counting your cals accurately, just count them consistantly. I KNOW mine are off everyday a little on some stuff but idk im not changing sh**
    We don't drive fast in texas, got that ish on cruise control

Cowboys, mavs, red raider football

April 1 2010: 315 lbs
    May 1 2013: 205 lbs

okay... forgive me if i thought encouraging the op to get a solid handle on what she's actually eating (i.e. tracking more closely) is better than throwing out a drastically low number like 1100 or 1200 calories...

in essence, yes, she needs to eat less than what she's eating now to drop fat, duh. but learning to measure and track calories/macros is going to help her a lot more in the long run, esp. when it's time to bulk and gain muscle.

op, i also encourage you to come post your question on the female bodybuilding board. a lot of the women have been in your position and can offer guided/better advice on what your next move should be.

good luck!

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BACCuS91 View Post
    LOL i always tell people that and ive never heard anyone say it on here but its so true. Its irrelevent if your truly counting your cals accurately, just count them consistantly. I KNOW mine are off everyday a little on some stuff but idk im not changing sh**
    NOBODY is spot on with their counting.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What is your deficit? You haven't mentioned it lol.

Originally Posted by liketobodybuild View Post
    What is your deficit? You haven't mentioned it lol.
    No fat loss = no defecit

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No fat loss = no defecit
    Lol? Good one? Finally in thread #21 someone even talked about that

Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Uhhh, my advice is right there as well as in my previous posts. OP needs to find a better way to track what she's eating... if she were truly eating 1500 calories, she would not be stalled for 3 months straight.

If she's undermuscled, it won't behoove her to continue cutting as she needs to focus on building muscle.

If you read my post closely, you would have comprehended the above from what I wrote earlier.
    Try to write something specifically, that is 0, a little advice....
    FLo

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    buy a body bugg/fitbit if you're unsure how many calories you're burning.

500 will give you around 1lb FAT loss (not water weight) per week. If you can handle that easily - do that, if not - do 300. *The best diet is a diet you can live with.* If dieting feels like dieting - chances of cheating, quitting increase dramatically i've found.

Note

I weigh ALL my food, and track calories on myfitnesspal as closely as I think could be humanly possible. My guess is that I am not seeing change because I maintaining at 1500 cal, but am still new enough to not fully understand what and how much to cut for fat loss. I do know (from experience) that I am miserable only eating 1000-1200cal a day and have no energy. I do want to see fat loss but do not want to lose any muscle in the process, and I am not in a hurry to see drastic results, just not happy staying EXACTLY in the same place

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go the opposite.
    Bulk, build LBM and then cut again at a higher cal amount.

Worked for me.
    Used to cut on like 1400, gained 4kg over 6months and am now cutting at 2000.
    And honestly, I didn't notice much fat gain because I kept my surplus to 10%

Have you tried re-feeds? Or going back up to maintenance for a few weeks and coming back down?

I weigh ALL my food, and track calories on myfitnesspal as closely as I think could be humanly possible. My guess is that I am not seeing change because I maintaining at 1500 cal, but am still new enough to not fully understand what and how much to cut for fat loss. I do know (from experience) that I am miserable only eating 1000-1200cal a day and have no energy. I do want to see fat loss but do not want to lose any muscle in the process, and I am not in a hurry to see drastic results, just not happy staying EXACTLY in the same place
    Then add more activity if you don't want to lower cals. If you raise cals and "bulk" just so you can add cals you'll be right back where you started. You're 5-1...that's a little girl. You're requirements for cals are low.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then add more activity if you don't want to lower cals. If you raise cals and "bulk" just so you can add cals you'll be right back where you started. You're 5-1...that's a little girl. You're requirements for cals are low.
    If she bulks, adds calories and adds LBM her cutting cals will be a little bit higher.

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    If she bulks, adds calories and adds LBM her cutting cals will be a little bit higher.
    VERY little. Not worth it at this point to spend all that time to add 2 lbs. of muscle to burn a few extra cals.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

VERY little. Not worth it at this point to spend all that time to add 2 lbs. of muscke to burn a few extra cals.
    When she says she's miserable on 1200 calories?
    A 150 calorie increase can do wonders?