Thread: Oven or boiled?

Jack3dlover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Oven or boiled?

I was wondering does white potatoes are good as cooked in oven or boiled

Regards
    Gav

1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1Love1Goal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im not sure but one thing I know is that potatoes really arent a great way to load up on calories by themselves. They only have 4 g of protein and 160 cal. You should add a boneless tenderloin. One serving the size of your palm has like 150+ cal and 22 g of protein. Good luck. ~

Originally Posted by 1Love1Goal View Post
    im not sure but one thing I know is that potatoes really arent a great way to load up on calories by themselves. They only have 4 g of protein and 160 cal. You should add a boneless tenderloin. One serving the size of your palm has like 150+ cal and 22 g of protein. Good luck. ~
    Thanks appreciated

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1Love1Goal View Post
    What the hell kind of answer is this!?! Potatoes are one of the best carb sources out there. Tons of fiber, high protein (for a carb source), and they just taste damn good! I eat potatoes pretty much every single day year round.

OP, I prefer mine baked, but do whatever makes you happy.

nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    What the hell kind of answer is this!?! Potatoes are one of the best carb sources out there. Tons of fiber, high protein (for a carb source), and they just taste damn good! I eat potatoes pretty much every single day year round.

OP, I prefer mine baked, but do whatever makes you happy.
    Actually LOL at this - but agree - i eat potatoes everyday and im in peak week at the moment and still have them in there - great source of carbs for me - i bake so they look and feel as close to french fries as possible!
    "You may feel you are building muscle, you can be working hard, sweating, getting tired and sore, but unless you are sending the right code to the body, you are going to be disappointed in your results" - Arnold (The Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding)

ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jack3dlover View Post
    I was wondering does white potatoes are good as cooked in oven or boiled

Regards
    Gav
    Doesn't matter ....either way brother
    https://www.********.com/JoeThomas.Legend
    http://instagram.com/jt_joethomas

Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat potatoes all year round and i always make potatoe chips. bed bath and beyonds sells a potatoe chip maker for $19 bucks and it only takes 4 minutes in the micro.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...ker/1018545292
    "I feel like your eye balling me dog. I don't like punk bitches eye balling me."

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bake mine with a bit of cayenne, paprika, chili powder, and cinnamon....ooooh so yummy!
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are white potatoes okay even for contest prep? I was told always to stick with sweet potato.
    My transformation: 7 months :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128540661

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by shaf_nz View Post
    Are white potatoes okay even for contest prep? I was told always to stick with sweet potato.
    I eat red or white taters in prep and even more in peak week to help dry out and fill up. I typically eat 1 to 2# of red potatoes the day of competition.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shaf_nz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I eat red or white taters in prep and even more in peak week to help dry out and fill up. I typically eat 1 to 2# of red potatoes the day of competition.
    So white or red, no biggie? That's awesome, gonna grab some whities tonight!
    My transformation: 7 months :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128540661

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I bake mine with a bit of cayenne, paprika, chili powder, and cinnamon....ooooh so yummy!
    Things I will be trying soon....^^^^^^^^^^

White potatoes have just as much fiber as sweet potatoes and you can actually eat the skin with whites (sweet potato skin = BLECH). Some people will go on about glycemic index in regards to sweet being better than white, but that doesn't apply as much to bodybuilders since we don't eat carbs in a vacuum (almost always with some protein and fats).

nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I kept white potato a through prep and noe in peak week still using works real well for me no biggie
    "You may feel you are building muscle, you can be working hard, sweating, getting tired and sore, but unless you are sending the right code to the body, you are going to be disappointed in your results" - Arnold (The Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding)

I don't go by that whole GI mumbo jumbo. My diet is chock-a-block full of nutrient dense foods that I can afford to eat a fricking piece of white bread if I want to (but I don't because I prefer rye, or sourdough, or even plain whole wheat). I rarely eat brown rice anymore as I prefer the taste of jasmine rice.... Now I do love sweet taters, but I do like my baby reds when I want something savory.

I think the biggest key is for you to eat these foods and take note of how your body responds to them. Just because some "guru" says to drop them doesn't mean you should. I find it odd that someone will eat a certain food all throughout their prep and then all of a sudden it's off limits because they "may have a reaction to it"....if you didn't react to it over the past 12 weeks chances are it's gonna be okay.

This is making me so happy that not only me but tons of others likes potatoes too.
    Best way to add cards I like mine mashes with sea salt and black pepper and fill the stuffing in a bagel yummy!!!!

ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ooLEGENDoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Red or white brother !! ...forget sweet potatoes ! .... check out my contest prep videos ... I touch on that in my food video #7

JT_JoeThomasTV ... is my YouTube Channel ...or just go up a couple threads and you'll see it posted.
    https://www.********.com/JoeThomas.Legend
    http://instagram.com/jt_joethomas

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ooLEGENDoo View Post
    Red or white brother !! ...forget sweet potatoes ! .... check out my contest prep videos ... I touch on that in my food video #7

JT_JoeThomasTV ... is my YouTube Channel ...or just go up a couple threads and you'll see it posted.
    Hey I love Sweet Potato's. It's all about eating good foods which you enjoy.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder