Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Somebody with a pendlay 0-90 and BS GPR378

Hi,

I am looking for different options to add a good bench for my Body Solid GPR378.

I was debating between Pendlay 0-90 and Ironmaster. I like Pendlay.

Is somebody working with BS + Pendlay 0-90?. I know it is 60" long
    And it could be a problem with the rear cross member but I wanted to double check
    With you guys because I really like it.

I saw some posts about the ironmaster and there are people working with it and no problems.

Any suggestions??.
    Thanks

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you already have the gpr378? look for s short bench in length or one that doesnt have a u shape on the base
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have the BS rack, but I do have the Pendlay 0-90 bench. For flat bench, the rear crossmember shouldn't be an issue. If the bench gap is a problem, you can try benching only on the upper pad. This is what I do, and it works quite well for me. Incline bench might be an issue, but you can always turn the Pendlay around and bench off of the inside of the front uprights.

Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    do you already have the gpr378? look for s short bench in length or one that doesnt have a u shape on the base
    Not yet, it's coming. But in the meantime, I want to receive it with a good bench.

Width Length Height
    Product Dimensions: 46.00in / 49.00in /82.00in

Ironmaster 44 in long
    Pendlay 60 inch long

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Iceway View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for different options to add a good bench for my Body Solid GPR378.

I was debating between Pendlay 0-90 and Ironmaster. I like Pendlay.

Is somebody working with BS + Pendlay 0-90?. I know it is 60" long
    And it could be a problem with the rear cross member but I wanted to double check
    With you guys because I really like it.

I saw some posts about the ironmaster and there are people working with it and no problems.

Any suggestions??.
    Thanks

Body Solid GFI21

It's one of the only benches currently available that would work in GPR378 while in the incline position, without spinning the bench around to work off the front uprights. The seat slides to the rear as you raise the back pad.
    Last edited by Stasher1; 08-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

It's one of the only benches currently available that would work in GPR378 while in the incline position, without spinning the bench around to work off the front uprights. The seat slides to the rear as you raise the back pad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It looks like good. I'll take a look. I was about buying the pendlay 0-90.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's also one of the lowest Body Solid benches @ 17"
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    It's also one of the lowest Body Solid benches @ 17"
    Looking around: $305 amazon with prime. I am going to talk with fitness factory about a quote. I bought from them the GPR378. Maybe I can get a good deal.
    I am fine spending $400 bucks though.

CptZaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking around: $305 amazon with prime. I am going to talk with fitness factory about a quote. I bought from them the GPR378. Maybe I can get a good deal.
    I am fine spending $400 bucks though.
    I imagine that fitnessfactory would give you the best price but jesupgym.com has it for $208 and they quoted me $30 for shipping.

Doy you know what is the weight is able to support?

mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doy you know what is the weight is able to support?

I called them up today to ask about that particular bench, they said it should be able to handle 600lb with ease. Hope that helps.

Mendy

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    If you don't ruin the rack by blocking the rear with the lat pull down your bench choices dramatically increase. As long as you have an open bottom so that you can straddle the rear cross member and don't back the rack against the wall, things are good.

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Body Solid GFI21

It's one of the only benches currently available that would work in GPR378 while in the incline position, without spinning the bench around to work off the front uprights. The seat slides to the rear as you raise the back pad.
    Its a good option, but really as long as the bench can straddle the rear cross member and you don't have the rack slammed against the wall there are many options you can work off the rear uprights with.

Either choice is great, personally I would buy the Pendlay over the BodySolid and just use the open space behind the rack.

Originally Posted by donforeman View Post
    If you don't ruin the rack by blocking the rear with the lat pull down your bench choices dramatically increase. As long as you have an open bottom so that you can straddle the rear cross member and don't back the rack against the wall, things are good.

Its a good option, but really as long as the bench can straddle the rear cross member and you don't have the rack slammed against the wall there are many options you can work off the rear uprights with.

Either choice is great, personally I would buy the Pendlay over the BodySolid and just use the open space behind the rack.
    Thanks Don. I can have some space against the wall so the Pendlay is the better
    Candidate. I also prefer the Pendlay. I will use the open space to work off the rear uprights and not really interested in doing Decline presses. I can do dips instead.

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Don. I can have some space against the wall so the Pendlay is the better
    Candidate. I also prefer the Pendlay. I will use the open space to work off the rear uprights and not really interested in doing Decline presses. I can do dips instead.
    I have an older version of this bench, I mostly use it for dumbbell work but it's solid and smooth.

Originally Posted by mendyed View Post
    I called them up today to ask about that particular bench, they said it should be able to handle 600lb with ease. Hope that helps.

Mendy
    Thanks Mendy for the info.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've read about guys around here using the bodycraft bench in these racks with crossmember space issues. The seat slides backwards for incline & military

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We use the Pendlay 0-90 at our firehouses. There are 2 stations that do not like using the bench because of the rear crossmember on the rack (these are not BS racks, but similar in design). The bench will straddle the cross member, but it requires the rack to be quite a distance from the wall to allow it to over hang. It puts the bench in an odd position because it needs to be over the crossmember far enough to clear the angled down tube of the bench.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I've read about guys around here using the bodycraft bench in these racks with crossmember space issues. The seat slides backwards for incline & military

I was able to try the body-craft F320 on CL... for me while it does slide back, they revised the front seat pad from the early version (that's a mistake) and the bench is usable but its not a stable feeling all the way back..
    Here are some reviews from amazon - my work out didn't reveal these flaws but its definelty a home gym bench.
    "My gripe with this bench is that when your benching (flat bench), there is some sway on the back support." "A new problem has surfaced and has me perplexed. Look at the photo and draw an imaginary line where the force of the weight against the pad goes while lifting on incline. It goes back alot instead of down. The bench has a tendency to scoot back during incline lifts. YIKES"

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    We use the Pendlay 0-90 at our firehouses. There are 2 stations that do not like using the bench because of the rear crossmember on the rack (these are not BS racks, but similar in design). The bench will straddle the cross member, but it requires the rack to be quite a distance from the wall to allow it to over hang. It puts the bench in an odd position because it needs to be over the crossmember far enough to clear the angled down tube of the bench.
    I think it may have to do with where the crossmember is located, and the height of the crossmember. I have used several brands of incline benches and as long as they were open on the bottom, they worked fine. Moving the rack away from the wall is not a big deal to me. Yes I could buy a bolt down rack without a rear cross member, or I could buy a rack with plate storage and loose even more room, but really The gpr rear cross member is only 2" high and I dont have to move benches back that far to clear it if I don't want to.

maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have the Pendlay, and really like it, here is what it looks like pushed all the way back in a Powertec rack, I think I remember reading the Body Solid rear crossmember isn't as far back as the powertec?
    Attached Images

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by donforeman View Post

I think it may have to do with where the crossmember is located, and the height of the crossmember. I have used several brands of incline benches and as long as they were open on the bottom, they worked fine. Moving the rack away from the wall is not a big deal to me. Yes I could buy a bolt down rack without a rear cross member, or I could buy a rack with plate storage and loose even more room, but really The gpr rear cross member is only 2" high and I dont have to move benches back that far to clear it if I don't want to.
    Maybe. I think the racks are called "Eurosport" or something similar. I think the floor crossmembers are 2x3, but I can't recall. We just don't have enough room in the gyms to pull the rack out as a workaround, and even in the cases that we do, your head ends up half way down the bench. We are in the process of replacing these racks anyway, only a few left.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()