rudishad313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Pre Workout Supplement - Afterburn Fuel

Yes I have read all the controversy surrounding Mike Chang and his shortcut crap. Thats not exactly what this is about. Partially but not entirely.
    Yeah somehow I eneded up on some page belonging to Mike Chang, probably off the "recommended videos" tab on YouTube. He has his long marketing ploy about his "new pre workout supplement" that he spent years researching and developing himself.

Its called Afterburn Fuel. Supposedly this stuff contains all the best ingredients that all the other pre workout supplements only contain one of. This takes all the good ingredients and puts it in one package. Supposedly.

Now this is where I have questions.

His workout videos and diet plans and whatnot (have not bought them and I won't) go for what? 67-97 bucks a month? He is offering his pre workout stuff, Afterburn Fuel, for 67 bucks a month plus "free" unlimited access to all his workout and dieting materials. Of course this is a recurring monthly charge and you continue to get this monthly supply of Afterburn Fuel untill you cancel. I can definitely justify spending good money for a product that really works. Here are my questions:

1-Has anyone heard of this product?

2-Does anyone have any personal experience with this stuff?

3-If it is what he says it is and does what he says it does, would you spend that amount on a pre workout supplement?

Now before you write me off as being a gullible noob, please remember I have not bought into this stuff and thats why im asking your guy's opinion. I agree with other threads about Mike that most all his material can be found for free on this site. So id never pay for that. On the other hand, if there is a product that actually works and the other crap is "free" then id consider paying for a good supplement.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can you post a link?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hard to even find the amounts of any of the ingredients, but it looks like caffeine, n-methyltyramine, Beta Alanine, Cit Malate, and AAKG.

Overpriced in my opinion. There are plenty of solid pre workouts for much cheaper and with a host of ingredients that are also probably dosed better.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

motacettin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also was looking to go for this product. I wanted to know if there is anyone who has tried this.

This is the link to the page:
    www afterburnfuels com

I dont know what actually is in there but it's components are as the following as per what the video:

AAKG
    N-Methyltyramine
    MethylXantine
    Beta-Alanine
    Citrulline Malate
    L-Arginine
    Creatinol Phosphate

haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000) haiz69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Much better products out there. Just a few:

Pre-Jym
    Scivation Physco
    Genomyx Origin
    AEN Presurge
    ANS Ritual
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing A Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey OP I have some magic beans if you want to buy them from me?

jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50) jennum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not sure that any one product is exponentially better than all the others. Although, I have yet to try this, so if anyone has any experience with it, maybe they can convince me to give it a shot.

jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdb1980co is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just watched

Well acctually it is still running in the background as I type this. I believe this guy has done alot of research and knows his stuff as far as what is in all the pre workout stuff out there. But its not stuff we don't already know. Next I agree with everyone else there are products out there that will do all that he says his stuff does. Just because something effects one person one way doesn't mean it will for all. I don't believe I will ever try his stuff the reason I say I don't think i will is because the only place you can get it is straight from him. You can't find this stuff anywhere but through his site and I don't want all the other fluff that goes with it. If it ever hits some discount sites I might try it just to see. I have always stayed away from these infomercial type products and thats just what this feels like.

naw1483 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I tried it but did not like it...

I have tried it an to be honest it was okay. It felt like any other middle of the road pre-workout drink however it tastes terrible! It also does not mix very well so I personally will never be using it again. Personally I really like MusclePharm: Assault (Raspberry Lemonade). Good taste and it mixes well (only a little of it will settle back to the bottom if you do not drink it fast).
    ~Nate Wei~

OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000) OneSixtyFour is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdb1980co View Post
    Well acctually it is still running in the background as I type this. I believe this guy has done alot of research and knows his stuff as far as what is in all the pre workout stuff out there. But its not stuff we don't already know. Next I agree with everyone else there are products out there that will do all that he says his stuff does. Just because something effects one person one way doesn't mean it will for all. I don't believe I will ever try his stuff the reason I say I don't think i will is because the only place you can get it is straight from him. You can't find this stuff anywhere but through his site and I don't want all the other fluff that goes with it. If it ever hits some discount sites I might try it just to see. I have always stayed away from these infomercial type products and thats just what this feels like.
    Hey mike.
    PR: Bench: 100kg x 1. Squat: 140kg x 1 Dead lift: 160kg x 1 (on my journey to 180kg)

** Uneven pecs Crew **
    ** Negs undereaters on sight Crew **

Follow me on Instagram *******s: @manletofpiece

Rep me with your Instagram username and I will follow back and rep back.

BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Way better profile for way better prices out there. Don't waste your money.

Man Handles of Peace Bechsgaard's Avatar
    Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Friend gave me a scoop,

Energy:6
    Really no more than a large black coffee

Pump:1

Almost no pump whatsoever

Focus: 3

The fact that you could get Hyde + hemavol + kno3. For the same price, you shouldn't even buy this if there was not another preworkout available

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I feel like negging the OP, but for the benefit of the doubt, I won't.
    Completed Logs & Reviews:
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

Registered User MrNaturalMuscle's Avatar
    MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrNaturalMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Way over-priced. Try Ignite Workout Optimizer.

Alistar55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys,

My Afterburn fuel arrived this weekend, bought it after 8 pints and everything seems like a good idea at that point. Anyway it cost me £90 Sterling plus another £25 to get it through customs to the UK for 3 pots. I have tried it twice so far and I was able to lift more than usual but this doesn't mean it isn't a placebo product so I can't really give a fair answer as to whether it makes a difference or not. What I can do is give you the splurge off the pot it comes in. It is nicely packaged and has shiny bits on the labels

Right so it says 1 scoop per workout session mixed with 8oz of water. 20 scoops per tub. ( it also says < 150lbs half a scoop 150lbs to 200 lbs 1 scoop 200lbs and above 1.5 scoops). The taste isn't that bad.

Per Serving:
    Calories 5
    Calories from fat 3.5
    Total fat .4
    sodium 30 MG
    Carbs 1
    Sugar 1

Stuff with a 0 next to it is Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Dietary fiber and protein.

Proprietary blend:
    Creatinol O Phosphate, Creatine, Magnesium Chealate, L-Arginine alpha keto Glutarate, Beta - Alanine Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline Malate, Histidine AKG, L-Taurine, Glycerol, Norvaline, Vanadyl Sulfate (Vanadium)

Cognitive and Focus Matrix:
    Methylxanthine, N-Methyltyramine, Acetyl L - Carntine, L-Tyrosine, CDP Choline, Pirecetam

Additional ingredients:
    Citric acid, Glucose polymers, Natural and artificial flavor, Sucralose FD&C Red # 40

As you can probably guess I don't know what half of the **** in that list is and I seriously doubt Mike Chang does either since he is a personal trainer and not a scientist.

Hope that helps some of you anyway

jgoberkeller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where's the amounts?

I wanna know how much of each ingredient there is. I'm a huge fan Jim Stoppani's prejym. Not only does it make me feel like the hulk, but he lists the exact amount of each ingredient on the label. I know EXACTLY what I'm taking. Sure, mike Chang might claim to be better than all those other sup companies, but as long as he leaves the amounts in question, he's just as bad as they are. Hiding behind his label won't get him my business. Transparency is key. Also, he's just a PT. Jim Stoppani got a PHD from UCONN studying supplements.

newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) newtothelift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Alistar55 View Post
    Hi Guys,

My Afterburn fuel arrived this weekend, bought it after 8 pints and everything seems like a good idea at that point. Anyway it cost me £90 Sterling plus another £25 to get it through customs to the UK for 3 pots. I have tried it twice so far and I was able to lift more than usual but this doesn't mean it isn't a placebo product so I can't really give a fair answer as to whether it makes a difference or not. What I can do is give you the splurge off the pot it comes in. It is nicely packaged and has shiny bits on the labels

Right so it says 1 scoop per workout session mixed with 8oz of water. 20 scoops per tub. ( it also says < 150lbs half a scoop 150lbs to 200 lbs 1 scoop 200lbs and above 1.5 scoops). The taste isn't that bad.

Per Serving:
    Calories 5
    Calories from fat 3.5
    Total fat .4
    sodium 30 MG
    Carbs 1
    Sugar 1

Stuff with a 0 next to it is Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Dietary fiber and protein.

Proprietary blend:
    Creatinol O Phosphate, Creatine, Magnesium Chealate, L-Arginine alpha keto Glutarate, Beta - Alanine Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline Malate, Histidine AKG, L-Taurine, Glycerol, Norvaline, Vanadyl Sulfate (Vanadium)

Cognitive and Focus Matrix:
    Methylxanthine, N-Methyltyramine, Acetyl L - Carntine, L-Tyrosine, CDP Choline, Pirecetam

Additional ingredients:
    Citric acid, Glucose polymers, Natural and artificial flavor, Sucralose FD&C Red # 40

As you can probably guess I don't know what half of the **** in that list is and I seriously doubt Mike Chang does either since he is a personal trainer and not a scientist.

Hope that helps some of you anyway
    Good to hear from you Mike

astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) astro2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

controversy ?

Originally Posted by rudishad313 View Post
    Yes I have read all the controversy surrounding Mike Chang and his shortcut crap
    lol someones totally buthurt

i personally don't take the prework out but all preworks are garbage and a lie and full of stimulants eitherways, especially since american laws don't give a crap about if its full of fillers or not, if it was in australia the laws are strict and you can't just write up garbage on the labels

seriously though i think mike is awesome if you don't like the product don't take it, his videos are amazing and i love that he keeps an open mind and never is biased and will try anything like the hodgetwins that never did 'intermittent fasting' and they tried it them selves giving personal opinions never forcing people to do it or say its 100% FACT. Mike isn't a liar and you know it because in his older videos he started to lose his six pack and then in the interview with ben pokulski on his youtube video he admitted his old fashion method of bulking and shredding had flaws i.e when putting on mass he'd gain too much fat losing his abs, ....now mike is ripped again because his not narrow minded and evolves his training methods and utilizing his guests advice

HIS GUESTS: mike guests are amazing too eg. "John Romaniello" who knows all the science of bodybuilding (INCREDIBLY knowledgeable), and talked alot to arnie when researching for the book 'engineering the alpha' (watch the damn video on youtube people before you start being critical- youtube "sixpack shortcuts increasing testosterone") one of john's greatest advice he learnt from arnie was "just because there's no science backing it up doesn't mean its untrue", his other guests like "ben pokulski" is amazing too, learning simple stuff like 'shortening the muscle' which alot of lifters DON'T, and don't' even know the FULL range of the muscle when training eg. biceps is over your shoulder and triceps is behind you, and knowing how to place tension on the muscle and not arbitrarily wasting your time i.e if you do bench press that some how automatically means you're doing the chest when infact the body puts tension where ever it wants (which is so true)

and ben also teaches you how to shred using leucine and a mixture of eating timing i.e taking leucine at certain time patterns will allow you to eat at very low calorie deficits and make the body use the fat as fuel and not the muscle (and bens a PRO bodybuilder) I suggest you youtube that aswell (youtube "sixpack shortcuts -ben".......there should be 3 videos, i recommend watching all three)

i'm not sure why you'd complain, people here maybe competent but some are just doing whatever comes to mind hence why there are so many DIFFERENT answers and opinions when a person asks a simple question on this website.

p.s there IS no real controversy, people only whine because his famous and thus more of a news-line, his the number ONE most subscribed youtuber for fitness and has been on heaps of american tv shows, i mean "jack3D" was controversial and said to have given a person a heart attack and death occurred, yet people STILL took it...comments like that just makes me think someones racist

p.p.s people only hate him because his trying to sell sh*t so people suddenly think his a sellout.....oh no his a monster because his trying to earn a living, pft scaremongering

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by astro2 View Post

p.p.s people only hate him because his trying to sell sh*t so people suddenly think his a sellout.....oh no his a monster because his trying to earn a living, pft scaremongering
    He is a sellout. He knows just as well as all of us that that pre-workout is crap. I say he's a sellout because I can't go on youtube without having to watch and advertisement of him saying how ripped people got just from taking this supplement, and how ****ing amazing it is because he personally slaps his nuts into every tub before it's sealed. The profile is chit. The marketing is bullchit. And the price is beyond chit.

Some curls for the girls johanlohman's Avatar
    johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000) johanlohman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The annoying part with this country is that one could be decently looking and everybody will buy ALL the bull **** they say.