amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Working in Gym??

I am thinking of working in Gym as i spent most of my evenings there. But i don't anything about this career
    What is the name of entry level position?
    How much i can expect per hour or per week?
    Do i need to take a course or something?

One more thing i am in Switzerland.

Any advise would Great.

Thank you
    Like this page
    https://www.********.com/MusclesMuscles

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I couldn't tell you what the deal is for the fitness industry in Switzerland. But I'll do my best to help you.

1) The fact that you like going to the gym a lot doesn't mean you should work in a gym. Granted, it's a better starting point than working in a gym when you don't love the gym, but loving the place as a customer does not make you good at taking care of the place as a worker.

2) Where I live (Australia), there are various positions in most gyms: gym instructor (someone who takes people through gym programs and supervises the gym floor; this is what most gym PT's do when they're not PTing); personal trainer; group fitness instructor; membership consultant (membership salesman); and reception. These are all entry level positions. Above them are managers for each team, owners, etc. I'm not sure quite what the structure is like in Switzerland, but I can't imagine it would be too different from this.

3) In Australia, gym instructors and receptionists get about $20/hr, give or take. Membership consultants, from what I've seen, get about $750/wk + commissions. Group fitness instructors get about $40/hr in a commercial gym, but can make a lot more privately (one of my early mentors earned about $1,000-1,200/wk by doing 3x1hr group fitness sessions in the park, because of getting an average of 40 people showing up for each class -- a lot of this income would have been taxed, but it was also supplemental income as he also had a full-time job, so I don't think he was too concerned about tax depleting his income). Personal trainers typically charge $60-100/hr, sometimes less in low socioeconomic locations, sometimes more in high socioeconomic locations. How much of that money actually ends up in the PT's hands depends on if the PT is hired, a sub-contractor or a private business. I remember working in a gym, charging $70-80/hr as per the gym's pricing strata, and getting paid $20/hr for it. I hear in big gyms in America you get paid about as much as someone working at McDonald's, which is even less. I have no idea how prices are sorted out in Switzerland.

4) Definitely depends on the local standards. In America, you need to pass a test to get a certification, but you don't necessarily need to do a course. In Australia, you need to study a Cert III in Fitness to work as a gym instructor or group fitness instructor, and a Cert IV in Fitness to work as a PT. Further qualifications are available, although they don't necessarily advance your career.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Money sucks but best part of working in a gym as a PT is you get LOTSA contacts.

As a kid I met a guy who decided to move to the richest part of america. South Beach or something. He then got a job as a PT making minimum wage. He started going around town and handing out business cards to rich people in bars, clubs, hotels, etc. He started working out millionaires daily and becoming good friends with them.

You guessed it. Eventually one hired him f/t to work out with him at home and then offered him some sweet spot in his organization and guy started making bank (in some other field). Bottomline: use it not for money - but for training, building up your social skills, help people and build contacts/friends in your city. I wish I could do p/t again but I'm too old now and do't have a gym. I just do it with a small client base now.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    I couldn't tell you what the deal is for the fitness industry in Switzerland. But I'll do my best to help you.

1) The fact that you like going to the gym a lot doesn't mean you should work in a gym. Granted, it's a better starting point than working in a gym when you don't love the gym, but loving the place as a customer does not make you good at taking care of the place as a worker.

2) Where I live (Australia), there are various positions in most gyms: gym instructor (someone who takes people through gym programs and supervises the gym floor; this is what most gym PT's do when they're not PTing); personal trainer; group fitness instructor; membership consultant (membership salesman); and reception. These are all entry level positions. Above them are managers for each team, owners, etc. I'm not sure quite what the structure is like in Switzerland, but I can't imagine it would be too different from this.

3) In Australia, gym instructors and receptionists get about $20/hr, give or take. Membership consultants, from what I've seen, get about $750/wk + commissions. Group fitness instructors get about $40/hr in a commercial gym, but can make a lot more privately (one of my early mentors earned about $1,000-1,200/wk by doing 3x1hr group fitness sessions in the park, because of getting an average of 40 people showing up for each class -- a lot of this income would have been taxed, but it was also supplemental income as he also had a full-time job, so I don't think he was too concerned about tax depleting his income). Personal trainers typically charge $60-100/hr, sometimes less in low socioeconomic locations, sometimes more in high socioeconomic locations. How much of that money actually ends up in the PT's hands depends on if the PT is hired, a sub-contractor or a private business. I remember working in a gym, charging $70-80/hr as per the gym's pricing strata, and getting paid $20/hr for it. I hear in big gyms in America you get paid about as much as someone working at McDonald's, which is even less. I have no idea how prices are sorted out in Switzerland.

4) Definitely depends on the local standards. In America, you need to pass a test to get a certification, but you don't necessarily need to do a course. In Australia, you need to study a Cert III in Fitness to work as a gym instructor or group fitness instructor, and a Cert IV in Fitness to work as a PT. Further qualifications are available, although they don't necessarily advance your career.
    Very good answer.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amiramin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you for detailed answers.
    enjoy the reps
    Like this page
    https://www.********.com/MusclesMuscles