Recess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best use of supplments in a multi-workout day?

Hi folks,

I'm new here - first post - hey... where you going??? Come back!

Phew... thanks for staying. I'm a cyclist, but I also lift a bit as I don't want to be a typical puny upper-body cyclist. But this means that on days when I commute on my bike (which I use for fart-lek training) I've got three workouts going on. My aim is to be more powerful on the bike, so I can blast time-trials rather than last Tour-de-France style rides. I'm 5'11, 73Kg and just under 10% body fat. So I'd like to lose a little more fat and stick on some more muscle on my legs for power, and upper body for pulling on the climbs and frankly, so I don't look bottom heavy.

I use SCI-MIX RippedCore shakes for protein/creatine/carbs and I use Matrix Anabolic protein shakes through the day. What I'm trying to work out though is when I'm best to take the different shakes - especially as SCI-MX says only two servings a day, but one before and one after a workout (which would be 6 for me). Here's my current routine:

7:00 Wake up - breakfast then SCI-MX shake
    8:00 cycle to work - 11.5 miles, 35 minutes hard
    8:40 Yazoo Chocolate milk to recover (yummy)
    16:00 Matrix shake and a banana
    17:30 Cycle home (same as cycle in)
    18:30 SCI MX to recover
    21:00 weights
    22:00 Matrix shake

Lunch and dinner are healthy - but this isn't a 'Is my diet good?' post - it's more about the most effective timing of my shakes on days when I train this much. Sundays are easy - just a bike ride, so one SCI-MX before, and one after - but trying to keep energy and protein intake correct on the multi-days is my worry.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to spending a lot more time here.

John

"Success is merely a failure to imagine more".

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You sound like one cheeky kunt, OP.

My advice is 1. forever supplement with a good multi-vitamin, fish oil, creatine and whey protein. 2. Eat like a healthy fat kid. 3. LIFT

-Nuff said.
    Engineering Master Race