Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Do So Many People Bash Death Metal?

It's the musical equivalent of horror movies. It only sounds weird to you because you're not used to the intensity of heavy metal. Nobody starts out listening to death metal - we all start out listening to heavy metal then thrash then death. i don't get why people are so baffled by death metal but yea they're fine with super gory horror movies

Discuss

Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kbrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Because it's sh!t music

Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Staberella has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Too loud and angry man.
    *Stopped smoking crew* 2 years and 5 month bishes, and counting.*

*Founder of the, "I hate cold weather!" crew*

Your dreams should never be better than your life. - Karl Pilkington

rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500) rayallenscalves is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Kbrahh View Post
    Because it's sh!t music
    Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    Too loud and angry man.
    these

mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mr.perffect is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess I don't mind my eyes being scared but, not my ears. nawmsayin?
    You will be missed Hector_Blunts
    RIP
    (no homo)

Cheers for avatar Dee9191 obsoleteAUS's Avatar
    obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) obsoleteAUS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The only people that bash death metal are metal fans of other metal genres.

No-one that doesn't listen to anything heavy bashes metal...they just don't listen to it.

Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We're just confused as to how Cookie Monster has the time to record the vocals for so many different bands

MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSchwol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    different strokes..

Registered User notbigenoughyet's Avatar
    notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BECAUSE.. IT MAKES ME.... SO FAKING ......MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD>. *head bang*

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know that feel about working your way up to Death Metal, been listening to metal for years, only started getting an interest in Death Metal (The Faceless in the only death metal band I really listen to)
    PRs:
    Squat: 630 (sleeves)
    Deadlift: 735 (straps)
    Strict OHP: 330
    Log Clean & Press: 360
    Gave stickyashell hope and now he's back in strength sports crew

treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) treyazagthoth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kbrahh View Post
    Because it's sh!t music

watch this video *******, there are no vocals so you can't complain that the growling makes your vagina hurt

Only Eyesthetics Matter Broteins's Avatar
    Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000) Broteins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Because the vocals give me a headache?
    -Humble Crew
    -Model Tier Facial Aesthetics Crew
    -My 8/10 Eyesthetics are my Biggest Flaw Crew
    -Genetics of the Gods Crew
    -Three Time Award Winner of "Most Modest Miscer" Crew
    -Elite Education, Connections and CEO 10K/Day Crew
    -#PrayForPeasants Crew
    -Unpretentious Crew

Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dark, the singer always sounds stupid as **** with the Cookie monster voice, and it's associated with gothic FA type people

magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by obsoleteAUS View Post
    The only people that bash death metal are metal fans of other metal genres.

No-one that doesn't listen to anything heavy bashes metal...they just don't listen to it.
    metal core is trash though, thas not even debatabul

Originally Posted by Wife Beater View Post
    Dark, the singer always sounds stupid as **** with the Cookie monster voice, and it's associated with gothic FA type people
    ur being ignorant, there's like 4 or 5 different metal vocal types.

Never as big as my pump. Notsogifted's Avatar
    Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000) Notsogifted is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I appreciate some death metal but I never went too far into non melodic music, be thrash or death.

Slayer gets boring for me and the solos are straight up dog****.
    Kreator is borderline but good fun.

Cannibal Corpse, no thanks Jeff.
    Necro****ist, yes please.

Death: GOAT in a genre pioneer.

I recently sat in as a guitarist for a couple of gigs in my mates band (Dehuman) which is slowly getting a lot of recognition in death metal around europe (their last album did alright) but I find too many diminished riffs to be boring to play and musically it doesn't leave much room for improvisation.

Brb only solo in diminished, harmonic minor or phrygian dominant.

The growling takes getting used to for some I guess, but what makes the genre really annoying to me is the atmosphere. It's pretty much always gloomy, grumpy and angry at the world (no emo or goth). I've spoken to a couple of Death metal lead singers and they were rambling on about how they want to look mean and intimidating on stage.

I much prefer bands like Parkway Drive just because they're a bunch of laid back dudes like you and I and I listen to metal to let out my hyperactivity and feel bouncy/grrr/mosh/let's **** chit up/yay. not "I hate everything and everyone is a conformist sheep".

Also adore Opeth but I guess they're more melodic progressive death metal (or were prior to Watershed, although they started out as black metal).

Finally (and I get a lot of chit for this from a few other musicians) I never really cottoned on to Meshuggah. I appreciate how technical the polyrythms and time signatures are etc but it's really not listenable enough for me.

How was that OP?

Edit: Death metal also seems to be the link between music and grindcore, and I really, REALLY can't stand that chit. Sounds like someone gave a bunch of instruments to inbred hyperactive elephants and recorded what happened.
    Guitar Crew
    Rugby Crew
    UK Crew
    London Misc Originals

Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lpenny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    Too loud and angry man.
    Metal is like testosterone in the form of sound (to me). I don't expect women to dig it and I'm always pleasantly surprised when one does.
    PRs:
    Squat: 630 (sleeves)
    Deadlift: 735 (straps)
    Strict OHP: 330
    Log Clean & Press: 360
    Gave stickyashell hope and now he's back in strength sports crew

Registered User notbigenoughyet's Avatar
    notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    *wants to take nap*............ *wants to listen to vids*

Decisions.

Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Pabrah814 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by treyazagthoth View Post
    It's the musical equivalent of horror movies. It only sounds weird to you because you're not used to the intensity of heavy metal. Nobody starts out listening to death metal - we all start out listening to heavy metal then thrash then death. i don't get why people are so baffled by death metal but yea they're fine with super gory horror movies

Discuss

They don't know anything about it and just thinks untalentless which is totally untrue,been listening to death/black/grindcore for 7 years and can't take the music lol.Old school metal/deathmetal/blackmetal fan chking In.

Originally Posted by Lpenny View Post
    I know that feel about working your way up to Death Metal, been listening to metal for years, only started getting an interest in Death Metal (The Faceless in the only death metal band I really listen to)

Here is an easy band to listen to for death metal newbies brah, trust me you'll like it

F*cking awesome lyrics too

We arise from the ashes below
    To battle and crush the holy war
    We'll spread our seeds to change history
    A genocide delivered on your doorstep
    They will perish in the everlasting flame
    And we demand a new great victory

A new era has begun, the world is falling
    And darkness triumphs, the emperor has made his call
    And now the time has come for us to dread his warning
    The terror will reign, death upon us all

Hell is here, no escape
    Hell is here, Mother Nature's raped

Fueled by the hate we plow across the burning nation
    With blood dripping from our hands only to keep the essentials from our past
    The great army of the black horde is marching on
    Through the remains of the slaughtered men

Screams we hear in vain, of souls that turn into dust
    Lives flushed down the drain, bodies left to rot

Nothing remains, only death

Earth a wound that never will heal
    A new beginning will rise through the debris
    Blood that was spilled, obliterated mankind
    Life's lost
    There's nothing left to claim

Terror will reign

baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50) baronvonbacon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by magog704 View Post
    metal core is trash though, thas not even debatabul
    Not sure if srs? metalcore isn't anything close to thrash
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magog704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    norf carolina represent

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    because it's just not pleasurable listening

BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000) BossDonn is just really nice. (+1000)
    when i listen to music, i typically want it to be pleasing to my ears...ya know? sound good and stuff.

plus how corny are grown men that sing about the chit in death metal songs LOL

ppl who listen to death metal fall into this category for me

Originally Posted by Notsogifted View Post
    Ibut what makes the genre really annoying to me is the atmosphere. It's pretty much always gloomy, grumpy and angry at the world

What the f*ck?

The evil atmosphere of death metal is one of the best aspects of the genre

What in the blue hell? It's like saying "I want to watch horror movies without evil, intense atmosphere". Makes no sense

This song is like the perfect example of why I love death metal atmosphere - gets epic around 0:50 mark

Loves a rusty trombone PaulSmenorx's Avatar
    PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PaulSmenorx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Whenever I hear that chit it makes me want to strangle by pet bunny. Absolutely horrible and it's your fault more of it keeps being produced cause loser attention seekers like u support it. Please cut yourself, and remember to go up the arm not across
    Last edited by PaulSmenorx; 08-23-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I was wrong
    UGA go dawgs

LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50) LethalLotus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tried listening to some bands and I can honestly say I don't like Death Metal. I feel like I want to go on a killing spree while listening to Death Metal.

Inb4 fbi

blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) blackeneddeath will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Death metal is great but thrash is better. I don't get the hate

Originally Posted by BossDonn View Post
    plus how corny are grown men that sing about the chit in death metal songs LOL

Plenty of metal bands have intelligent lyrics

But I didn't realize there was something wrong with lyrics about death/war. Let me guess, you don't like horror or action movies?

Shut Up and Fist Me BrahBrahgovich's Avatar
    BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BrahBrahgovich is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Meh I just can't listen to that stuff.
    ***My posts can't be taken seriously 80% of the time
    ***Unphotogenic crew***
    ***Too beautiful for cameras to capture my beauty crew***
    ***My sig CAN be a novel crew***

jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdrdroo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Classic rock 'n' roll + noise