Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Considering surgery for lose skin, I'm sick of this!!!!

I worked too damn hard and it's now been almost 2 yrs since I started losing the weight. From 254, to 166. My body has been fighting me these last few pounds for months now. Even when I go into a calorie deficit for more than 2-3 weeks counting every calorie, my weight will just jump up four pounds over night for no reason and slowly come back down. Yes I do **** up every now and then on my diet, but not that bad. I've been eating 2000 calories a day, weighed and portioned. I vary my food and protien is at a minimum of 125 grams per day. I've been doing ICF 5X5 cutting version for a little over a month now and have had steady gains on the bar. Squats are starting to go through the roof... (finally can do a decent amount of weight).

So anyways enough with my rant. I'm currently 166 as of this morning, body composition in the last couple of months has changed, but not much. I'm sure I got about 5-15 lbs of lose flabby skin that is just not tightening up. My chest is flabby as **** and my lower belly above my waist is flabby. Everything else is tight and veiny. Has anybody had experience where they lost all the weight and that last bit actually tightened up? Or is surgery my last resort? Or shall I bulk the **** up and man up? LOL

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ramborage View Post
    I worked too damn hard and it's now been almost 2 yrs since I started losing the weight. From 254, to 166. My body has been fighting me these last few pounds for months now. Even when I go into a calorie deficit for more than 2-3 weeks counting every calorie, my weight will just jump up four pounds over night for no reason and slowly come back down. Yes I do **** up every now and then on my diet, but not that bad. I've been eating 2000 calories a day, weighed and portioned. I vary my food and protien is at a minimum of 125 grams per day. I've been doing ICF 5X5 cutting version for a little over a month now and have had steady gains on the bar. Squats are starting to go through the roof... (finally can do a decent amount of weight).

So anyways enough with my rant. I'm currently 166 as of this morning, body composition in the last couple of months has changed, but not much. I'm sure I got about 5-15 lbs of lose flabby skin that is just not tightening up. My chest is flabby as **** and my lower belly above my waist is flabby. Everything else is tight and veiny. Has anybody had experience where they lost all the weight and that last bit actually tightened up? Or is surgery my last resort? Or shall I bulk the **** up and man up? LOL
    For your rant... has no one told you about water weight in these 2 years you've been dieting?

As for the second part of your post, I personally haven't had to deal with that. You probably lost the weight too fast. If you can stand it, cut down a bit more. Slow the cut down to no more than 1lb per week. After that, do a slow bulk, adding about half a lb per week. This will fill up the loose skin. It'll be a long process though. If you bulk now, you'll end up being fat, but I suppose thats better than having a lot of loose skin.

But if neither of the options are acceptable to you, then surgery sounds like the move for you. But I would definitely research other solutions, first. I see surgery as a last resort type of thing.

EDIT:
    Keep lifting for a few months man. I just noticed that you don't have much muscle at all. No offense. If you add some muscle mass, you'll be fine.
    Been serious about these Macros since 06/2013

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)

FatLossProgress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154893833&page=1

Calories&Macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380403
    FatLoss2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

CutEnd/BulkBegin: 139lb 9/6/13

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Loose skin is probably going to be with you for life. Depending on the amount of weight you lost + time period.
    Bulking (putting on muscle/fat) and cutting (losing fat) may help tighten the skin, but to some extent you're not going to naturally get rid of it.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's just fat and it'll go away with dieting. If you're not losing on 2000 then it's too much. Try 1600. If 1600 is too hard you'll have to experiment with hunger management techniques.

If a vertical, deep skin fold on you abdomen an inch from your belly button isn't like 2mm thick then keep cutting. If pics are current I'd guess it's closer to an inch.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

DJohnson is right.

"I'm sure I got about 5-15 lbs of lose flabby skin that is just not tightening up."

You don't have pounds of loose skin, you have centimeters of excess skin (if you have stretch marks) that is not clinging to your body because you still have a good deal of fat to lose. Instead of getting frustrated or scarring yourself through surgery, why don't you refocus all of this energy into sticking to a caloric deficit that will get rid of that excess fat, soon.
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)