nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is my Bulking diet good?

Currently I am eating between 2900 - 3200 calories and staying approximately same weight. I am going to start my Bulk on 1st September till January 31st.

Height: 5' 11

Weight: 183lbs

Sex: Male

Bodyfat: 10-13%

Meal 1: (F: 13g / P: 47g / C: 60g / Calories : 573):
    1 packet Noodles
    Whey Protein - 1 Scoop

Meal 2: (F: 6.5g / P: 56g / C: 121g / Calories : 759):
    150g Rice
    Whey Protein - 1 Scoop
    Yogurt

Meal 3: (F: 13g / P: 47g / C: 60g / Calories : 573):
    1 packet Noodles
    Whey Protein - 1 Scoop

Meal 4: (F: 22g / P: 47g / C: 74g / Calories : 625):
    6 slices Brown Bread
    1 Small Can Tuna (oil drained)
    4 slices bacon

Meal 5: (F: 30g / P: 33g / C: 50g / Calories : 600):
    1000ml Whole milk

Meal 6: (F: 9g / P: 47g / C: 56g / Calories : 482):
    1 packet Water Crackers (70g)
    Whey Protein - 1 Scoop

Total:
    Carbohydrates: 421g
    Protein: 277g
    Fats: 93.5g
    Calories:3612

1 Meal every 3 hours

Macros : 30% Protein / 47% Carbohydrates / 23% Fats

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Needs more micronutrients= veggies.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sucks/10

Protein is unnecessarily high.

Why are you consuming so much whey?

Why are you eating every 3 hours?

I'm assuming you don't care about your overall health, considering your acute micronutrient deficiencies.

And I'm guessing you don't care about mercury poisoning, either.

nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nejxiis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OoChadwickoO View Post
    Needs more micronutrients= veggies.
    will add them before sleep

Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    Sucks/10

Protein is unnecessarily high, but that may be your preference.

Why are you consuming so much whey?

Why are you eating every 3 hours?

I'm assuming you don't care about your overall health, considering your acute micronutrient deficiencies.

And I'm guessing you don't care about mercury poisoning, either.
    im taking in 4 scoops whey protein per day.. is that a lot?

because im an ectomorph and i need to keep my muscles supplied every couple hrs.. or is it just a myth? (i ate every 3 hours for 2 years lifting now though..)

well i take medical checkups and blood samples every 6 months and are perfectly in order .. but i'll add a cup of mixed veggies in the last meal

mercury poisioning? y?

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nejxiis View Post

1. im taking in 4 scoops whey protein per day.. is that a lot?

2. because im an ectomorph and i need to keep my muscles supplied every couple hrs.. or is it just a myth? (i ate every 3 hours for 2 years lifting now though..)

3. well i take medical checkups and blood samples every 6 months and are perfectly in order .. but i'll add a cup of mixed veggies in the last meal

4. mercury poisioning? y?
    1. Yes. It's unnecessary. You can get your protein from chewable food instead of processed powder.

2. You're not an ectomorph. It's a myth.

3. Medical check ups aside, if you're not eating fruits and vegetables, you're deficient in micronutrients. Eat more than 1 cup. Time to eat like a grown up.

4. Google tuna/mercury poisoning.

ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I take one scoop of whey a day... a fair number of people think thats alot. Real food is preferable. Protein powder has its charms though, mostly I like the shakes, and its convenient/fast.

no such thing

I very much doubt your tests are checking vitamin levels.

More then a can or two a week of tuna can lead to some serious issues.

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)

im taking in 4 scoops whey protein per day.. is that a lot?

because im an ectomorph and i need to keep my muscles supplied every couple hrs.. or is it just a myth? (i ate every 3 hours for 2 years lifting now though..)

well i take medical checkups and blood samples every 6 months and are perfectly in order .. but i'll add a cup of mixed veggies in the last meal

mercury poisioning? y?

1. If you enjoy it go for it, 4 scoops would give me diarreah. varitety myman

2. Myth. do your research.

3. A cup is nothing. add more.

4. because of tuna. again research.

1. Yes. It's unnecessary. You can get your protein from chewable food instead of processed powder.

2. You're not an ectomorph. It's a myth.

3. Medical check ups aside, if you're not eating fruits and vegetables, you're deficient in micronutrients. Eat more than 1 cup. Time to eat like a grown up.

4. Google tuna/mercury poisoning.
    Is 3 scoops still a lot whey? 1 pre workout 1 post and 1 before sleep? (i'll replace the other with fish or meat)

so how should my time be? and well yeah i am an ectomorph ...

any suggestions how much i need then?

damn.. didn't know that :/ thx i'll replace it with a chicken breast then..

Man you guys are just to fast to answer

Is 3 scoops still a lot whey? 1 pre workout 1 post and 1 before sleep? (i'll replace the other with fish or meat)

1. Its up to you, variety.

2. Meal timing isirrelevent find the sticky from Emma

3. 2-3 cups minimum

As I said before. The whey itself is unnecessary. It's a supplement. Meant to supplement your diet. Use it if you're having difficulty meeting your protein needs. Otherwise, just eat real food.

You're not an ectomorph, because there is no such thing. If you want to believe that, then you're only holding yourself back. Otherwise, accept the fact that you don't consume enough calories, and actually do something about it.

Meal timing is simply a matter of personal preference. See here.

Eat veggies whenever you can. At least once at every sit-down meal. You can't really have too much.

You can replace tuna with any high protein food. Other fish is fine. Red meat, pork, greek yogurt, whatever.

1. Its up to you, variety.

2. Meal timing isirrelevent find the sticky from Emma

3. 2-3 cups minimum
    Reading it atm thx

Does it make a difference if i eat all 3 cups in the last meal before sleeping?

As I said before. The whey itself is unnecessary. It's a supplement. Meant to supplement your diet. Use it if you're having difficulty meeting your protein needs. Otherwise, just eat real food.

You're not an ectomorph, because there is no such thing. If you want to believe that, then you're only holding yourself back. Otherwise, accept the fact that you don't consume enough calories, and actually do something about it.

Meal timing is simply a matter of personal preference. See here.

Eat veggies whenever you can. At least once at every sit-down meal. You can't really have too much.

You can replace tuna with any high protein food. Other fish is fine. Red meat, pork, greek yogurt, whatever.
    Thats why im gonna bulk.. to increase my weight and lbm

Thanks a lot! really helpful

ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Im going to go out on a limb here.... everything you know about preworkout/postworkout/presleep nutrition is from supplement advertising.

If you are an ectomorph I am a unicorn.

I get 4 cups of veggies usually ... seems like a lot to me, i really dont know, maybe im low too

Does it make a difference if i eat all 3 cups in the last meal before sleeping?

Thanks a lot! really helpful
    No.

Originally Posted by ummme View Post
    Im going to go out on a limb here.... everything you know about preworkout/postworkout/presleep nutrition is from supplement advertising.

If you are an ectomorph I am a unicorn.

I get 4 cups of veggies usually ... seems like a lot to me, i really dont know, maybe im low too
    yeah it could be.. dunno though i always thought it like that, time to change my mentality then!...
    hahahaha made me lol :P thanks will recheck and replace some foods..
    i'll add some nice veggies in almost all my meals then

No.
    ok thx
    Last edited by nejxiis; 08-22-2013 at 07:11 AM.

palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ummme View Post
    More then a can or two a week of tuna can lead to some serious issues.
    Incorrect.

"No consumption advice is necessary for the top ten seafood species that make up about 80% of the seafood sold in the United States: canned tuna, shrimp, pollock, salmon, cod, catfish, clams, flatfish, crabs, and scallops. The methylmercury in these species is generally less than 0.2 ppm, and few people eat more than the suggested weekly limit of fish (i.e., 2.2 pounds)."

Source: Public Health Statement for Mercury, Case #7439-97-6, originally published March 1999

One can of tuna is approximately 3 ounces. I eat one per day.

Originally Posted by palehorsem4n View Post
    Incorrect.

"No consumption advice is necessary for the top ten seafood species that make up about 80% of the seafood sold in the United States: canned tuna, shrimp, pollock, salmon, cod, catfish, clams, flatfish, crabs, and scallops. The methylmercury in these species is generally less than 0.2 ppm, and few people eat more than the suggested weekly limit of fish (i.e., 2.2 pounds)."

Source: Public Health Statement for Mercury, Case #7439-97-6, originally published March 1999

One can of tuna is approximately 3 ounces. I eat one per day.
    Here's something more recent than 1999.

In total, 55% of all tuna examined was above the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (U.S. EPA) safety level for human consumption (0.5 ppm), and 5% of the tuna exceeded the action level established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) (1.0 ppm).
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20821440

StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000) StrongNameDM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your calorie consumption seems very high. I would recalculate using this site: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Eat 200-300 above maintenance. You only really need 0.8g of protein per lb of bodyweight. (Eating more wont do you harm but you can save money on whey powder). Eating complex carbs like brown rice, oats. Use this site to get some ideas: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik26.htm Its good to have micronutrient sources in your diet, add vegetables to your rice for example. Have some fruits as snack. Its hard to meet all your micro needs. So, invest in a multi-vitamin supplement while eating some nutritious foods.

palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50) palehorsem4n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's something more recent than 1999.
    Under this assumption the Hg content of canned chunk light tuna is negligible. I'll do some more research and determine whether or not I need to switch from solid white albacore to chunk light.

Thanks for the info, Kay.