Prodak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Belly Fat... impossible to burn? (see my pics)

Hey what's up!

I re-started my training after a full year of 0 training and bad eating habits... I was at 173 lbs (I'm 5'9")... now I have 2 and a half months going to the gym 5 times a week on average and eating less and better.
    Right now I'm at 163 lbs (so I dropped about 10 lbs in 2 months and a half)... I can see I'm gaining some muscle, and some definition is starting to appear in certain areas, however belly fat seems to be there to stay!
    seriously wtf... the belly still has a big curve... Im attaching the before and after pics.

My training routine: 45-65 minutes of cardio, HIIT and Steady mixed, mostly treadmill... sometimes eliptic machine, and stair machine.
    Then weights as usual, 4 sets of 15 reps, low to mid weight... chest, biceps, triceps, back, and obviously leg day...

My food.. I started to use myfitnesspal for a week or so to count calories (not anymore It was driving me crazy).. I was eating about 1500-1800 daily... usually 1 or 2 cheat days on weekends. my BMR is 1750 cals per day.

So... what do you recommend me? My trainer wants to sell me a diet program, he says I will burn the belly in a month or less. I don't really beleive him, but I don't know what to do.. just keep training and eating like now? and wait for 4-6 months to see my abs for the first time? is that even going to happen?

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Images

bump... any help?

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You'd be an idiot to buy a diet program from Arnold himself, let alone a trainer.

All you need is a caloric deficit. Spend your money on groceries to make your meals...not a diet program so this guy can pay rent this month.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    You'd be an idiot to buy a diet program from Arnold himself, let alone a trainer.

All you need is a caloric deficit. Spend your money on groceries to make your meals...not a diet program so this guy can pay rent this month.
    ^This. Fire your trainer...ok, don't fire him if he's helping in the gym, but do NOT buy a diet program from him. He's only trying to rip you off, not help you.

As stated, a caloric deficit will burn your fat and get that belly fat gone. There is NO diet program that will burn just belly fat. Sorry, not happening. Sadly you can't choose where the fat gets burned first, and for men the belly is usually last. My family, for example..is prone to large belly's. My belly stayed large until my collar bones were showing, ribs were chiseled, veins got close to the surface on arms, etc. Just genetics.

10 lbs in 2.5 months is good, especially with some muscle gains. The most you should aim to lose is 2 lbs a week, tops. That's 1000 calorie deficit. Keep working out, watch your calories, and you will keep losing weight. Don't get discouraged brother, you got this. Just stick with it man. Keep to healthy foods and watch those calories.
    NGN - Lead Forum Rep

GIVEAWAY THREAD -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159500271

LOGGING OPPORTUNITY THREAD -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161618453

7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 7uthaifa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Two cheat days in a week ?! no man look, 1kg of fat lose = 3500 calories, while in cheat day means you gonna eat those 2 to 5 thousand calories a day, i know you got live a lil but 2 cheat days per week is a lot man, i personaly think a cheat day in two weeks will be perfect, but anyway its up to you. why your belly is big curve ?? probably you are taking too much calories without even knowing - since you stopped counting - but just to let you know, you can be lean as hell, got amazing shoulder curves, big chast, nice biceps or whatever but at the end the last party will be burn is your belly fat, why ?? because the blood presure is too weak in this area and the first stored fat will be your belly fat. all what you have to is keep your caloric deficit, your hardwork in the gym and be patient thats it ^^.

ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500) ZeroRemorse is not very helpful. (-500)
    Far out, it's so simple. Just calorie deficit 1500-1800 as you're doing. Or 500 below your maintenance. Make sure it's a clean diet. Lift and cardio and you'll burn fat. There's no magic pill or secret. Sure a couple of things can help you along the way, but the fundamentals are just dieting correctly and using a common sense approach to what you're eating.

The highest you want to be losing a week is 2LB, otherwise it's unhealthy and you run the risk of putting it all back on. Just be patient and results will follow, stick to it, perseverance and don't cheat day if you're not seeing results. Personally I don't believe in cheat days, they're unnecessary, just refeed clean every so often.

Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I definitely believe in cheat days - for the sanity aspect more than anything else. Whether necessary or not, I don't want to eat completely clean 100% of the time, life would be miserable. I live by a 90/10 rule and it's worked perfectly for me. I'll have a cheat day perhaps once every 2 weeks.

The problem with cheat days is people go to excess and eat 4000 calories or something. If you're cutting at say, 1800 calories, then perhaps have 2800 on your cheat day. Be sensible about it - have a pizza and some chocolate, but don't be stupid and binge.

As for your workout, why are you doing such high-rep work? Drop it back to 6-8 reps. Lifting heavy will help retain muscle mass, and you'll burn plenty of fat. This high-rep low weight nonsense is completely out of date.

Other than that, I agree with the above - sensible caloric deficit from a balanced diet = success. Unless you have a really good ability to estimate your calories, I'd get back on myfitnesspal for the duration of your cut.

Good luck, stay strong!

Matt

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for these answers.. I'll go back to count calories... and switch to heavier weights and less reps. Also, I'll definitely avoid cheat meals, maybe a controlled one every 2 weeks, I can do that.
    Doing all these, and judging by the pictures I posted, how long do you think it can take to see that belly fat gone?
    And to the guys having the same problem, once belly fat started to disappear, was it fast? or was painfully slow like right now is for me?

Thanks a lot!

SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50) SayMilesAway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat foods you enjoy that fit your macros and caloric goal and no more cheat meals will be needed.

Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Splak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, you might not see it, but you have 100% forsure made good progress on losing the belly fat. Comparing the two pics, you arn't as wide and your gut isn't sticking out as much as day 1!

I am having the same issue as you though, I am 211pounds right now, 6'3" and have lost roughly 40 pounds so far, but I personally do not see any difference in my mid section. But if I show someone before and after pictures, apprentely I have made progress.

Keep up the good work man, its hard, but you will get there!!

marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not impossible, you've already burned most of it off.