CMDHowie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Minimum Dietary Fat Intake?

Hi, I was planning a meal plan for a future cut (obviously not right now, I'm only at 150lb, need to bulk first lol) and I was wondering what the minimum daily requirements for dietary fat are? How many grams of dietary fat are required to be healthy? Also, I have heard that dietary fat effects your thyroid and hormonal levels and thereby can increase or decrease your TDEE, is this true and if so, by how many calories? Thanks!

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if only there were a sticky that stated this information
    .4g/lb fat minimum
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    if only there were a sticky that stated this information
    .4g/lb fat minimum
    I've been consuming around only 20g of dietary fat a day for sometime now, accidentally, I hadn't really been tracking my fat intake. What would be the benefits of upping my fat intake and what would be the potential effects of continuing on a very low fat diet?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CMDHowie View Post
    I've been consuming around only 20g of dietary fat a day for sometime now, accidentally, I hadn't really been tracking my fat intake. What would be the benefits of upping my fat intake and what would be the potential effects of continuing on a very low fat diet?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bene...ient=firefox-a read up
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Yes, I have tried google, but the articles I have found seem highly opinionated rather than scientific. What I really mean is, am I going to make myself sick or do any permanent damage eating only 20g of fat a day?

Yes, I have tried google, but the articles I have found seem highly opinionated rather than scientific. What I really mean is, am I going to make myself sick or do any permanent damage eating only 20g of fat a day?
    yes
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

yes
    Okay, could you extrapolate?

Okay, could you extrapolate?
    thats why i posted a link to what dietary fat does for your body
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

thats why i posted a link to what dietary fat does for your body
    The link just took me to a google search, is that what is was meant to do?

The link just took me to a google search, is that what is was meant to do?
    yes, so you can see for yourself the benefits of dietary fat and what function they have for your body
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

yes, so you can see for yourself the benefits of dietary fat and what function they have for your body
    Well yes I had searched google prior to posting here, I did not fell I obtained any conclusive answers, most of the sites seem to spew "broscience." I can't find any solid studies.