mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000) mal1ce is just really nice. (+1000)

Interesting read on DOMS

Originally Posted by billhartman.net
    Here’s a study that shows that the DOMS associated with eccentric loading is related to central sensitization of the nervous system. It’s also pretty clear that you don’t have torture your clients with muscle soreness either with a proper application of the repeated bout effect.

http://www.billhartman.net/blog/dela...-in-your-head/
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

--==2013 Meet Lifts==--
    147.5/325 | 90/198 | 202.5/446

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe its because I just worked out and I find my IQ is a good 10 points lower for a bit, but I couldn't make heads or tails for any useful information.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I could have sworn repeated bout was studied in this way already.

The way my wife talks about fibromyalgia, it sounds a LOT like severe total-body DOMS. It keeps me wondering if there's a connection between the two. Maybe it's the bloodflow regulators in the hands like it is with Fibromyalgia that has to do with how much overall overload pain we feel.

Maybe.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50) bobdickgus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone experience DOMS doing a well practice workout using standard progressive overload?
    I only ever experience DOMS when I either start an unfamiliar exercise(or one that has not been done for a long time) or drastically change the intensity of a familiar exercise via rep range or rest period.
    So if you follow a program for a decent amount of time rather than changing all the time DOMS seems like a non-issue.

It's All Broscience -Bro JBWarren70's Avatar
    JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBWarren70 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bobdickgus View Post
    Does anyone experience DOMS doing a well practice workout using standard progressive overload?
    I only ever experience DOMS when I either start an unfamiliar exercise(or one that has not been done for a long time) or drastically change the intensity of a familiar exercise via rep range or rest period.
    So if you follow a program for a decent amount of time rather than changing all the time DOMS seems like a non-issue.
    ^^^ This is what causes the onset of DOMS.

This isn't some "OMG I'm suffering". It's a natural process and is normal. Waste of time reading that article.

ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ted01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bobdickgus View Post
    I experience DOMS no matter what. Same exact routine for months and months, or changing things up every day. Whatever muscle groups I workout will experience DOMS about 18 hours later, and the pain in that group will last about 24 more hours.

Never has really bothered me. Tart cherry juice seems to help, but could just be placebo effect. Doesn't matter, the stuff tastes great!

anonymous
    cant find the time to read the study at work, does it suggest there is any strength implication from the CNS sensitization? I would assume if your nervous system is over-firing in those muscles with DOMs there would be some falloff in strength / efficiency as a result