Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LaCosaNostra90 View Post
    Unless your doing the union shuffle
    aware me on what this this?

jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jthectic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haven't read any posts prior to this one, but I'll chip in my view.

Society puts expectations of success upon the fact that one will pass school, get a degree at university/college and go into the corporate world. Society says that people who do trades are the ones who failed in schools, or are too "dumb" to get a "real" degree. This is a side effect of a capitalist society, where money and power are above all. Not to say that this is bad, no, hard work should definitely be rewarded, whether that is mental smarts or physical prowess.

Consequently, society is inherently fuked when it preaches that young people shouldn't learn trades, and that they should instead enter the butt licking 9 to 5 rat race. If there's anything I've learnt from family and friends in various trades and also high in the business world, it's that if you enter the rat race expect to put down people below you to get anywhere. People will chew you up, spit you out and forget your name by the end of the day, if it saves their ass and means they don't have to work harder for more. Most people are inherently greedy, which is a positive quality if you make it on your own without degrading yourself or others. However, the majority see this as the easy way to make it in the world.

What I'm saying is trades are just as good as the other side. If you run your own business, which you should absolutely do if you have the drive, you will never have to kiss ass to move up in the world because you run your own world. This is the way that success is truly made, not working for someone else.

FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jthectic View Post
    Haven't read any posts prior to this one, but I'll chip in my view.

Society puts expectations of success upon the fact that one will pass school, get a degree at university/college and go into the corporate world. Society says that people who do trades are the ones who failed in schools, or are too "dumb" to get a "real" degree. This is a side effect of a capitalist society, where money and power are above all. Not to say that this is bad, no, hard work should definitely be rewarded, whether that is mental smarts or physical prowess.

Consequently, society is inherently fuked when it preaches that young people shouldn't learn trades, and that they should instead enter the butt licking 9 to 5 rat race. If there's anything I've learnt from family and friends in various trades and also high in the business world, it's that if you enter the rat race expect to put down people below you to get anywhere. People will chew you up, spit you out and forget your name by the end of the day, if it saves their ass and means they don't have to work harder for more. Most people are inherently greedy, which is a positive quality if you make it on your own without degrading yourself or others. However, the majority see this as the easy way to make it in the world.

What I'm saying is trades are just as good as the other side. If you run your own business, which you should absolutely do if you have the drive, you will never have to kiss ass to move up in the world because you run your own world. This is the way that success is truly made, not working for someone else.
    well said

young people need to hear more advice like this

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
    I live in Alberta so our economy is driven by oil. Just finished my 4th Class Power Engineering certificate and have a job offer for 45$/hr starting with guaranteed overtime. 7 on 7 off, 84 hours a week, half of which is overtime. With OT I'll make ~140,000 my first year out of school.
    Good for you brah but half of your 84 hours are not overtime. They average out our hours because you're really only working 84 hours every 2 weeks. Still damn good money.

FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My dad raised me to think that people were 'losers' if they didn't get a degree, he'd even point people out on the street, doing trade jobs and call them losers.

To cut a long story short, i'm an over-educated unemployed loser now, a genuine loser

Wish I'd got a trade

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post
    My dad raised me to think that people were 'losers' if they didn't get a degree, he'd even point people out on the street, doing trade jobs and call them losers.

To cut a long story short, i'm an over-educated unemployed loser now, a genuine loser

Wish I'd got a trade
    Wouldn't say you're a loser unless you deliberately hurt yourself and others, but I'm shocked your dad would say that about an electrician, plumber or welder.

wat?

Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000) Sora1234 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post

Wish I'd got a trade

What is your degree in?

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Kaybee93 View Post
    You don't need a sociology degree to do work in the social science field. I had a job in that field obtained through volunteering and networking. Way before I got my degree.
    Were you the director of that program?

I am sorry but a sociology degree is practically useless. You do not learn how to help people. You learn BS about feminism, marxism, patriarchy, capitalism and other similar ideologies which have literally no practical use

In retrospect, my program was little more than an indoctrination to liberal thinking.
    You have the freedom and ability to think the way you want. Only now, you have a much wider perspective to choose from. That's a good thing...a very good thing!

No one said the life of people employed in the social fields is a waste. I got nothing but love considering I have helped and been helped by these same people. What I am saying is a sociology degree is a waste of 3-4 years.
    You'd be wrong again. A degree--any degree--say what's most important about someone: that they're capable of starting a disciplined program of study of the highest degree and complete it. That alone puts you ahead of the masses. Even if by your perspective, only a small step.

Even so, most degrees will get you a lot more than that. For one, people that hire you and promote you to their most responsible positions want to know that you have the knowledge and education to deal with all types of people from all types of backgrounds. What degrees do you suppose would allow you to do that best? One that teaches the very things you take so likely.

Its people with educations like yours that will keep us from falling back into the horrible socially decayed society of the past. When you see it coming you'll recognized it, and hopefully warn the rest of us. People like you are the gate keeps that warn us and remind us that there is more to a society than money.

I assure you, your degree is very valuable. You just haven't lived long enough nor experienced the negative situations of society to realize it. You will.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have been lost in terms of a career since I graduated high school. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I always loved doing things that involved working with my hands. When I was in middle and high school, the tech classes were the ones that I looked forward to, even though I was an honor roll student. I'm regretting not taking votech opportunities while in highschool. I considered but didn't due to the stigma associated with trades.

Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaybee93 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Were you the director of that program?

You have the freedom and ability to think the way you want. Only now, you have a much wider perspective to choose from. That's a good thing...a very good thing!

You'd be wrong again. A degree--any degree--say what's most important about someone: that they're capable of starting a disciplined program of study of the highest degree and complete it. That alone puts you ahead of the masses. Even if by your perspective, only a small step.

Even so, most degrees will get you a lot more than that. For one, people that hire you and promote you to their most responsible positions want to know that you have the knowledge and education to deal with all types of people from all types of backgrounds. What degrees do you suppose would allow you to do that best? One that teaches the very things you take so likely.

Its people with educations like yours that will keep us from falling back into the horrible socially decayed society of the past. When you see it coming you'll recognized it, and hopefully warn the rest of us. People like you are the gate keeps that warn us and remind us that there is more to a society than money.

I assure you, your degree is very valuable. You just haven't lived long enough nor experienced the negative situations of society to realize it. You will.
    I hope you're right dawg. Thanks for that, still have some doubts about the value of my degree, but you did put things in a new perspective.

Registered User sweetscienceguy's Avatar
    sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    the feels you get when you realized you've been had. scammed. sold the dream

"...And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.”

not too late brahs. those that do have a degree, go into a trade. you'll make enough money eventually to pay off those debts and by that time you're unstoppable...degree'd and skilled

4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 4204Casper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    trucking industry 4 life brahs... been working in dispatch since i was 16. Im 20 now and know the business very well.
    banned for posting cake farts

**Genova Witness**

vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SlurpDerp View Post
    hmmm... decision, decisions.

I have about a year left in the military before I'm getting out. I'll have access to the GI Bill, so right now I have a couple options; I was going to go to college for some random degree and then go to Japan for a teaching job..... or become an electrician, or welder/pipefitter and go to Canada. Fuark wat do
    Pipefitter/welder is a job you start to really HATE after you're over 40 or so. Keep in mind you might have to do this until you retire and it will get harder and harder so only get involved in this type of physical job if you believe you have the skills to make the jump from simple slave worker to being the boss of your own company.

Getting a random degree and going to Japan is a pretty poor, unambitious and lazy plan. If you have the GI Bill, make it count, you didn't eat chit in the army for nothing.
    Eastern Europe Crew
    5 Foreign Languages Crew
    Motorbike/Car/DIY/F1/Conservative Family/Manly Values Crew
    Med Student Crew

sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000) sweetscienceguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vvvaaa View Post
    Getting a random degree and going to Japan is a pretty poor, unambitious and lazy plan.
    completely disagree i know guys/gals that went over saved thousands of dollars and paid off their debts. one friend came back this summer for a bit and went back to china to learn mandarin and continue teaching

had a prof that taught in japan and is now one the senior officers for japanese/u.s relations

SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlurpDerp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sweetscienceguy View Post
    completely disagree i know guys/gals that went over saved thousands of dollars and paid off their debts. one friend came back this summer for a bit and went back to china to learn mandarin and continue teaching

had a prof that taught in japan and is now one the senior officers for japanese/u.s relations
    exactly brah. Especially because when/if I go to college, my tuition will basically be paid for with the help of the GI Bill (pays around $1400/month with a max cap-out of around $55,000)

I was talking to another miscer today who's actually studying in Japan right now... it actually sounds like a legit plan I might do:

-Study in Japan at an English-speaking university
    -brb most of tuition paid for with GI Bill
    -brb learning Japanese in the meantime
    -If I still like it there after I get my degree, maybe start a teaching position there

My only dilemma in the meantime is figuring what I want to major in, but I still have some time to decide

mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mansauce89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For those of you talking about how the system screwed you over bc you have a degree and can't get a job. What marketable skills do you have?

Originally Posted by mansauce89 View Post
    For those of you talking about how the system screwed you over bc you have a degree and can't get a job. What marketable skills do you have?
    not so much not being able to get a job. more so about the direction a job takes you; you literally have no control what happens in a corporation whereas in a trade, you have much more control the product/rate of work/ect ect

2 yrs in investments here, i can and have moved MILLIONS of dollars, but when the market shts itself (like recently), govt regulations, state regulations changes it fcks up the system all the way from the processors to the damn receptionists which then recycles to you in terms of what you can actually do with said assets. you don't develop concrete skills. instead you develop intangibles such as structuring argument, investment theories, speculate, charismatic in the way you talk, ect ect.

that's fine and all, but economy isn't built on talkative charismatic guys with silver tongues. that's just finance. guys in social sciences, arts, comm. have their separate problems

PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000) PlzBe18QTPi is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always thought trades were stupid (or for stupid people). I found myself in the automotive restoration business and with 0 prior experience, i'm making 56k this year.
    "i barely got any testosterone, cuz ive been ****ing maddd bitches lately"
    -Richard G.

SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SenorRedGloves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by vvvaaa View Post
    Pipefitter/welder is a job you start to really HATE after you're over 40 or so. Keep in mind you might have to do this until you retire and it will get harder and harder so only get involved in this type of physical job if you believe you have the skills to make the jump from simple slave worker to being the boss of your own company.

Getting a random degree and going to Japan is a pretty poor, unambitious and lazy plan. If you have the GI Bill, make it count, you didn't eat chit in the army for nothing.
    Everybody seems hooked on welding and pipefitting. How physical exactly are they? Welding looks really interesting.

Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aviex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I already know 1. I am an a/c mechanic.

gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone know anything about Lincoln and Hobart welding schools? Are they worth it? Will an employer be more likely to hire you opposed to a local tech school? Hobart has a 36 week course that teaches damn near everything my local trade schools are 2+ years for much less info it seems. I know experience is ultimately the deciding factor but I would think quality school would help you get your foot in the door. Tuition isn't really and issue since I have the GI bill(Monty or Post 9/11).

aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aerona has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    someone rep or measly neg me so I can come back to thread
    200+ errrytime / I rep back + (srs)

***NoFapCrew-NoPillowCrew-ColdShowerCrew***
    ***I wear loose shirts everywhere to hide muscle crew***
    ♞ Black Knight Crew ♞

lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lindajohn66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dad

My dad was a Weldier when I was born. He retired as a Home Developer. He did a lot on building 1 house at a time because he did most of the work. As I grew up I had no mom. Killed in car accident when I was seven. He taught me all the tools of working on a car. He taught me the garden(field). My great grand parents were cotton farmers. He taught me how to take care of the yard... ours was pretty. He trained me to drive as a teen as a trucker watches his mirrors. Yes he was a trucker when I was learning to drive. Me at 47 still watch my mirriors and clear my back tire. Lol. Bf said one day you drive as a trucker would. I said daddy was a trucker and trained me. He said oh.
    Someone is watching you so be an Inspiration. I was to my kid's who now are into bodybuilding and fitness.

TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000) TheBodyEngineer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Got a college diploma, started working for 40k a year at 21. Then got a government job making good money, a pension, job stability and going to school part time getting a degree paid for by my work. Traditional university paths are stupid. Many ways to avoid it and still make good money.

Also my dad is a carpenter that does custom commercial work. Has a business with another dude making 400k+ a year within the first 5 years.

Good tradesmen are hard to find because the system tells all smart kids to go to university.

ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000) ProRustler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump. good read

gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gatorkunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bump for more info.

Is misc just blowing smoke or is this real? Seriously considering going to a trade school but everywhere else I look people can't get entry level jobs. If everyone want's 2-3+ years experience how can I get my foot in the door if I don't know someone? I'm willing to travel anywhere in the country/world. PS Navy so I've got the GI bill but I'm not really digging the thought of college, the crazier the job or working environment the more I'm down.

IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAmTheOne1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Serious question for misc job experts

What do you think of getting an associates at ITT Tech? I know someone in the field who says this is one of the best ways to get into IT or consulting etc
    "Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility."
    -Augustine

vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vvvaaa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gatorkunt View Post
    Bump for more info.

Is misc just blowing smoke or is this real? Seriously considering going to a trade school but everywhere else I look people can't get entry level jobs. If everyone want's 2-3+ years experience how can I get my foot in the door if I don't know someone? I'm willing to travel anywhere in the country/world. PS Navy so I've got the GI bill but I'm not really digging the thought of college, the crazier the job or working environment the more I'm down.
    Get into oil platforms then. Crazy enough. Downside is always being around alcoholics.
    Eastern Europe Crew
    5 Foreign Languages Crew
    Motorbike/Car/DIY/F1/Conservative Family/Manly Values Crew
    Med Student Crew

Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000) Dang3rZone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Over here in British Columbia (Canada) we are about to face a shortage of skilled workers. BC plans to have a vacant 1 million jobs with 153,000 of them for skilled labor positions. 2/3s of that due to retirements.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10...s-crying-foul/

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TheBodyEngineer View Post

Good tradesmen are hard to find because the system tells all smart kids to go to university.
    You should see the f'n mongoloids building houses around here. Even the guys with ambition are dumb as fuk.

Bryan Baeumler (TV host, co-owner of construction company) actually has a law degree but figured there was more money and a more enjoyable life in construction.