chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running track for football?

I have been doing rippetoes ABA workout for about a month now to get myself ready for college football. I am going to a community college and plan to transfer out in as little as one semester to a year. I want to get fast as I possibly can and strong as I possibly can in that time. Thing is though I had no speed workout so I decided to join my community colleges track team. Will track make me fast enough to make the team?

Another problem I have is that track is 4 days a weeks mon-thurs. So I cant do the rippetoe workout anymore because I used to do it 3 days a week with rest days in between. mon, wed, fri. What I am thinking is that basically I am putting strength aside for speed with this move. I have never ran track before so I don't know if it will get me strong enough. I want to be able to throw up 225 on the bench a decent amount of times and I was working towards that with the rippetoe routine. I'm sure track is gonna take care of the squatting. What about the strength part now?

What should I do? I was thinking of just doing some benching every Saturday to get that up but is this a good move? Will track make me strong enough to throw up 225 a good amount of times? Overall is doing track a good idea to get ready to walk on to the college football team?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no.

chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chevelle95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No what?

Bump..

bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what position are you playing?

Originally Posted by bballplayer13 View Post
    what position are you playing?
    going for wide receiver or cornerback. im 5'11,165

bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballplayer13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chevelle95 View Post
    going for wide receiver or cornerback. im 5'11,165
    I dont play football so maybe you shouldnt listen to me, But just off what i know, to mei would say to worry more about the speed and conditioning that the strength.

Dont get me wrong, to be a football player you need to be strong to take hits and to be able to break tackles not get hurt. But A major thing that makes a wide reciever and cornerback successful is they need to be fast and conditioned. Cause if you think about it, maybe they dont get the ball every play but they always run a route except on run plays where they block.

But yea i would say focus more on the speed, but dont forget about strenght cause you need it as well, just make adjustments on the routine. And if you do make the team, the will have a strength program that youl do anyways and youl get stronger there as well

yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000)
    I guess the best I know for throwers is if you want to throw you don't run. if you run you don't throw. its hard to grow muscle while running. if your looking for burst of speed in the work out then do power cleans and power snatch. when you do the jumping motion under load it compares very closely to how a runner launches coming off the blocks. learn that and you should be in good shape for a speed increase
    Yetti

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have been doing rippetoes ABA workout for about a month now to get myself ready for college football. I am going to a community college and plan to transfer out in as little as one semester to a year. I want to get fast as I possibly can and strong as I possibly can in that time. Thing is though I had no speed workout so I decided to join my community colleges track team. Will track make me fast enough to make the team?

Another problem I have is that track is 4 days a weeks mon-thurs. So I cant do the rippetoe workout anymore because I used to do it 3 days a week with rest days in between. mon, wed, fri. What I am thinking is that basically I am putting strength aside for speed with this move. I have never ran track before so I don't know if it will get me strong enough. I want to be able to throw up 225 on the bench a decent amount of times and I was working towards that with the rippetoe routine. I'm sure track is gonna take care of the squatting. What about the strength part now?

What should I do? I was thinking of just doing some benching every Saturday to get that up but is this a good move? Will track make me strong enough to throw up 225 a good amount of times? Overall is doing track a good idea to get ready to walk on to the college football team?
    You're still going to lift with track. Many football players do track in the off season

Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Run track and lift weights. If you can't recover from the program you're running just bench and squat with progressive overload. Running track will help because if you're fast it'll make you a little bit faster but when you compete you'll get actual results that you can use for your college pursuit. If you can run sub 11 for 100m than you're in the top 1% of all high school sprinters in the USA.
    Training Journal-
    http://www.adarq.org/progress-journals-experimental-routines/2013-journal-becoming-an-advanced-athlete/
    Adarq.org We Run This

100m- 11.37 FAT
    200m- 23.15 FAT

Eat Fast Food Everyday But I'm Still Lean Crew
    I have in me the blood of the oldest living civilisation on earth

The starting strength program requires me to lift 3 days a week with rest days in between . The only off days I have from track are fri,sat,sun...which are all consecutive days. I am not saying I want to stop lifting. I really want to, because I need more size and strength. I am saying how can I incorporate the rippetoe starting strength with this limiting schedule?

Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mutumbo000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The starting strength program requires me to lift 3 days a week with rest days in between . The only off days I have from track are fri,sat,sun...which are all consecutive days. I am not saying I want to stop lifting. I really want to, because I need more size and strength. I am saying how can I incorporate the rippetoe starting strength with this limiting schedule?
    I just told you don't worry about running the program. Just keep benching and squatting in the mornings and than do track in the afternoons. It's not hard. Running track and especially competing in track will make you a better athlete than not running track and sticking religiously to starting strength.
    Training Journal-
    http://www.adarq.org/progress-journals-experimental-routines/2013-journal-becoming-an-advanced-athlete/
    Adarq.org We Run This

100m- 11.37 FAT
    200m- 23.15 FAT

Eat Fast Food Everyday But I'm Still Lean Crew
    I have in me the blood of the oldest living civilisation on earth

101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with mutumbo. If it gets to be too much then drop the deadlift and do a less intense pulling exercise. You could alternate day a do the and day b do pull ups and back extensions. All for 2 sets

If that is too much then just do day a on Monday and day b on Thursday
    For more sports training information stop by my website at http://www.evolutionaryathletics.com

Originally Posted by Mutumbo000 View Post
    I just told you don't worry about running the program. Just keep benching and squatting in the mornings and than do track in the afternoons. It's not hard. Running track and especially competing in track will make you a better athlete than not running track and sticking religiously to starting strength.
    Your absolutely right, but if I am lifting HEAVY how would I have enough energy for track later that day? Track practice is NO JOKE and I be dying during practice. I would want to go hard in both the lifting and the track workouts so I can get faster asap. I don't want to overtrain.

101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10) 101pro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can either smash the weights and sacrifice a bit on the track or smash the track workouts and scale back a bit on the weights. Doing the 2 day per week routine I listed would meet that need. You can also try to always keep 2 reps in the tank. So dont go till failure. when you stop the weight workout you should feel stronger than when you started. Definitely good advice when training 3x/week with practice.

So in the end the answer is what are you trying to achieve?

If it is speed for football then starting, accelerating, stopping, and re accelerating are more dependent on strength. Top end speed is more dependent on reactivity. How often does one run >40m in a straight line?

Football is a sport of short bursts of acceleration hence the emphasis on strength.

So if the track is to augment football I would push the weights while in track. But if you really need a higher top end (many people do) than do the 2x/week program while staying fresh. Only push a new weight when you are confident you can get it with good form.
    For more sports training information stop by my website at http://www.evolutionaryathletics.com

Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollo21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    speed kills.
    My Bench 315 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbBoESywXo
    F*** Genetics

sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sodacandan481 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
    speed kills.
    Exactly. When it comes to recruiting coaches are more interested in speed. track will help your speed. I ran track all the way up to my junior year in high school until I dropped all sports for football.

xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSteven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitly yes. Track you lift a lot too so youll get stronger and faster. in one year my 40 went from 4.8 to 4.6

Track does make you faster no matter what people say.
    BSU2020/Pre-Physician Assistant