xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

DL form check (besides the rounded back lol)

Ok, I know the lower back was rounded, that was mostly a mental fault of mine, as I screwed up the week before, and I was seriously doubting whether I'd even be able to lift the weight this week, so I was only thinking of getting it up (Somehow this lift has went from my favorite/easiest lift, to one that daunts me and makes me almost dread the workout).

Besides the crappy rounding, how was my positioning? I'm thinking I should have sunk a bit lower and put my chest out more (this would have helped the rounding for sure). What do you all think?

P.S. the music might be a bit loud, so you might want to adjust accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

And I did read the hamburgertrain article (after this lift), I am just trying to see what needs to be changed before my next DL day.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you tighten your core before pulling? Cause the lower back rounding is due to lack of ab activation..

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're pushing the bar forward at the beginning.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    You're pushing the bar forward at the beginning.
    You mean I had the bar too close to my shins at the start, or do you mean something else?

Originally Posted by Jianxxx View Post
    Do you tighten your core before pulling? Cause the lower back rounding is due to lack of ab activation..
    I am thinking I did not pay enough attention to proper core activation, as I was psyching myself out too much that I would not be able to lift it.

Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jen0va is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've found that doing some thoracic mobility work before deadlifts drastically reduces mid and lower back rounding as well as allows for better core activation without changing your leverage point.
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147520713

**BTK** Bustin Ass Errday all day. One Day at a Time.

**PoP** Physiques of Pasta

Reborn July 29th 2011 BTGOG

Recovery b4 everything else, w/o my sobriety, I cannot hope to have anything else.

Originally Posted by Jen0va View Post
    I've found that doing some thoracic mobility work before deadlifts drastically reduces mid and lower back rounding as well as allows for better core activation without changing your leverage point.
    Any moves/stretches/techniques in particular?

Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jianxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    You mean I had the bar too close to my shins at the start, or do you mean something else?

I am thinking I did not pay enough attention to proper core activation, as I was psyching myself out too much that I would not be able to lift it.
    You should def. tighten that core up . Psyching yourself up is good but not during a lift .. You should know how to perform the lift with w.e protocols u like. I usually take awhile to set up each rep cause im getting my hips at the right leverage and trying to tighten the core but also keeping a neutral back before starting the pull.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Watch your 1st rep. As soon as you go down to grab the bar, you are pushing the bar forward with your shins. Then as you are dancing in position with your hips, you are pushing the bar forward with your shins. The last thing you do is push your hips forward and push the bar with your shins and round your back and have the bar drift forward. Pretend the barbell can't roll. Adjust your body to the bar and don't move it.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    Watch your 1st rep. As soon as you go down to grab the bar, you are pushing the bar forward with your shins. Then as you are dancing in position with your hips, you are pushing the bar forward with your shins. The last thing you do is push your hips forward and push the bar with your shins and round your back and have the bar drift forward. Pretend the barbell can't roll. Adjust your body to the bar and don't move it.
    Oh, I see what you mean. I'll see about changing my setup a bit to avoid doing this.

Thanks.

moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any moves/stretches/techniques in particular?
    I sit butt on the ground and reach for toes and then roll back onto your shoulders and touch your toes to the ground behind you like you're trying to suck your own D-

ever since doing those simple 2min stretches before deads, I haven't had any back injuries and I feel stronger on the bottom half of the lift
    415s/325b/480d @ 198lbs -raw, no knee/elbow/wrist wraps

Originally Posted by moreweightmate View Post
    I sit butt on the ground and reach for toes and then roll back onto your shoulders and touch your toes to the ground behind you like you're trying to suck your own D-

ever since doing those simple 2min stretches before deads, I haven't had any back injuries and I feel stronger on the bottom half of the lift
    Nice, thanks for the advice man.

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Above notes are solid points on tightening that core.

Main thing I noticed...

You didn't lock out the reps. Glutes should be fully engaged and hips thrust forward. You bail short of completing the rep.

Also...
    -Keep that bar close to you.
    - Do your best to make all reps look the same. This is how you build consistency.
    - Chest up. Head forward.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

1500 raw will be wrecked baxtej44's Avatar
    baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000) baxtej44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you tweaked your back and had doubts that you were fully healed, why would you go for something like this? taking 2 weeks off, if it's as bad as you described it (how you weren't sure if you could have done it), is much better than hurting it worse and needing to take even more time off or ending up needing surgery.

just be safe OP and think about long term (years of progress... not a single workout)

I guess I did not explain fully.

I did not hurt my back, I just mentally blocked myself the week before and failed 3 times, then got it up for 4.5 reps.

so for this workout I still went up 5 lbs, and was unsure if I'd fail or not (following my 5x5 spreadsheet)