Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Upright rows. Possible cause of Tennis Elbow?

Hi guys. Several years ago, I had serious issues with Tennis Elbow, (tendonitis in the Elbow),but has not been an issue since, though it took a long time to heal. Recently, I started incorporating upright rows into my lifting routine, and a short time later, the tennis elbow problems came back. I know the positioning of your wrists have a lot to do with Tendonitis in the elbow. Has anyone experienced trouble with this that has been connected to upright to rows?

I appreciated any help!

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Winning79 View Post
    Hi guys. Several years ago, I had serious issues with Tennis Elbow, (tendonitis in the Elbow),but has not been an issue since, though it took a long time to heal. Recently, I started incorporating upright rows into my lifting routine, and a short time later, the tennis elbow problems came back. I know the positioning of your wrists have a lot to do with Tendonitis in the elbow. Has anyone experienced trouble with this that has been connected to upright to rows?

I appreciated any help!
    Never had this issue but it could be from doing up rows.
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Segugio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most types of pronated grip lifts are going to forcefully extend the wrist to some degree, which will put stress on the extensor tendon. I suggest training the medial delts in a way which doesn't require wrist extension (pronated grip load bearing). The lateral raise machine is probably your best option. Failing that, you can do lateral raises with manual resistance, where someone presses down on your elbows. It may sound awkward or too easy, but it's a good way to get plenty of deltoid activation with no stress on the elbow tendons.
    Instructor at NPTI Philadelphia / PhD Student of Human Sexuality

http://www.********.com/NPTIPA

http://doyouevenlick.blogspot.com/

smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smartmouthone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    great answer^^^^

amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000) amy1113 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i agree with Segugio that the machine work would be less stressful on the elbows and wrists than upright rows or you could experiment with different grips or lower the weight maybe?

Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Winning79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Segugio View Post
    Most types of pronated grip lifts are going to forcefully extend the wrist to some degree, which will put stress on the extensor tendon. I suggest training the medial delts in a way which doesn't require wrist extension (pronated grip load bearing). The lateral raise machine is probably your best option. Failing that, you can do lateral raises with manual resistance, where someone presses down on your elbows. It may sound awkward or too easy, but it's a good way to get plenty of deltoid activation with no stress on the elbow tendons.
    Great idea! Thank you so much!