Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: My Log

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

My Log

Simple Log name but very descriptive to the purpose of this.

This will be my log, and will not resemble in any fashion the typical logs you see on the forums. I had a log with lots of followers a few years back but it wound up being more about others arguing amongst themselves than me actually logging anything. Once it got to the point where I did not post for almost a week and there pages and pages of posts due to the bantering, I made the choice to stop. It ended up being good for me as well because I was constantly alwys trying to "measure up" and meet others expectations, rather than focus on what was important to me.

Over my departure from logging I have been asked by several others to get back to logging and recently I have been thinking about ways I could use it to have a positive impact on my progress. I also want to get across to others the message that it isn't always about the #s. How much you eat, what you eat, how much you lift, how much you weigh, what you look like, etc. It is about what makes you happy and trying to progress to be the best you can be.

So, this log will not have many #s. I will describe my workouts, the successes and failures. I think this will help with my progress too. Wanting to keep lifting more and staying motivated. I will also describe my daily life/activities and get off anything I feel like as a stress relief, to share my enjoyments, thoughts, worries, or whatever. I also won't be logging macros, as I don't even track that anymore. I eat what I like, but it is generally natural food sources, relatively cheap and simple ingredients.

Note: I will most likely post pics of things I eat BUT they are not my pics. I dont have any great digital camera or even a good quality phone camera. Nor do I want to spend the time to upload images. So instead, I will just find pics of stuff that looks like a meal or two that I ate that day because I enjoy cooking and sometimes use the images to inspire me to try to hone my cooking skills..

For Programming:
    I currently do 2 heavy WOs, 1 push and 1 pull.
    Then probable 3-4 lighter workouts designed more for overall fitness, athletic performance. I may not log about all WOsbut will try to make sure I at least recap the heavy push pull days.

Not really telling anyone I have this yet, and don't really care if I have any followers, so if you are reading this, you may be the only one.

I also have a pretty good nutritional knowledge, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Same with EDs given my history. However, I am always looking to learn as well, so if you have any WO or nutritional findings, thoughts, or articles you want to share, please post them.

Will post today's session/day shortly.
    Last edited by determined4000; 08-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Day 1

WO: Heavy Push

Exercise 1: Floor Press
    Did 2 sets of warmups of about 8 reps (ramping up weight to working set weight)
    5 Working sets
    I have really been frustrated with my benching/floor pressing as of late, not being able to move up to 5 working sets of 5 at a higher weight. SO I kept weight the same and went for as many reps as I could.
    Ended up hitting 3 x7 and 2 x 5.
    Will probably try to move up the weight next week.

Exercise 2: Squats
    2 ramping sets pf 8, 6
    5 x5 working sets ***RPR
    Really happy to set a rep PR as I had been at 4 sets of 4 at this weight.

Exercise 3: Seated OH
    Similar to the bench in that I have been stuck at the same weight so I am going for more reps at my current PR weight.
    Not gona lie,was feeling a little gassed going into it after the squats and increased floor pressing reps.
    Was able to knock out 5 working sets of 7. Will probably try to get up to 9-10 before increasing weight.

Exercise 4: CGBP
    1 ramp up set
    3 working sets at 10 ***RRR
    had been at 8 reps of less. Will go for a higher weight most likely next week.

Exercise 5: Skull Crushers
    3 sets of 12

Exercise 6: Barbell landmine Press
    3 x 10

Finished up with some planks and plate raises for core.
    Then stretched.

My day:
    Did some cleaning around the kitchen and unloaded my entire freezer and fridge and gvae a thorough srub down. Had to deal with the cable company over-chargning me again and that still isn't cleared up and I will have to call again during a business day to talk to whoever I need to now.
    Went to Mass this afternoon and then came home and watched the Yankee-Sox game. Total fail. I am a huge Yankee fan and have pretty much given up on the season anyways, but they didn't play well at all and it wasn't a competitive close game. Then I called my grandmother to see how she was doing and let her do most of the talking (which she likes to do, haha). It is something I started doing (at least a weekly call to her) after I started a few years ago when my other grandmother got sick. Plus, since older people generally have less oging on in life, it gives them something to fill their day with. Catching up on some DVR tonight.

Eats:
    Cheese omelet (get used to it because this is pretty much daily)

Loaded up with some potatoes and mozzarella and sprinkled some Parmesan on top

Watermelon was on sale so I had a good amount of that. I also do not waste anything so I made some pickled watermelon rinds which are actually pretty good.
    I then use them as part of a stir fry with some pork.

Here is a link to a decent method/recipe if you ever want to try
    http://www.pickyourown.org/watermelonrind_pickled.htm
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Workout: Heavy Pull

Exercise 1: Romanian Deadlift
    3 ramp up sets at 5 reps
    1 x 5 working set **PR
    So stoked. New weight PR and knocked it out for 5 (normally go for 3 on attempt 1)
    Felt Maybe had some lft in the tank to increae but held there and will go for more next pull session.

Exercise 2: Speed Squats
    1 ramp up set at 10
    5 x10 on working sets at about 85%

Exercise 3: Rackdeads to shrug
    1 raming set at 20 reps
    5x10 working sets ***PR
    Another weught PR. Not sure form was 100%. Plan to maintain weight next WO and fix that.

Exercise 4 Hammer curls
    Still working bacl from left forearm injury and was the first time doing these in awhile
    5x10

Exercise 5: Overhand upright Row
    2 ramp sets f 10
    3 x 8 working sets ***PR

Ex 6 Barbell Curl
    2x12
    Really happy with my pulling today. Felt terribly gassed once I was done. No core work but legs needed extra stretching.

My day:
    Made some homemade cottage cheese and yogurt. Caught up more on my DVR and got some paperwork done I needed to do for work and went through bills/bank account. Watching the Yanks tonight and then back to work early in the AM tomorrow.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Originally Posted by MaoriNate View Post
    Interesting log.

I'll stick around for a look.
    Thanks dude
    reps for being 1st in!
    Enjoy the ride as long as you like
    Founder of MMDELAD

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You already know I'm all up in this. In on page 1. What'd you do to your forearm?
    Last edited by MikeWines; 08-18-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    You already know I'm all up in this. In on page 1. What'd you do to your forearm?
    strained it refusing to drop a dumbbell on a farmer's walk when it was slipping.
    Then finished my workout, using it.
    Stupid me = stupid

How'd I know you'd find this without me telling you?

Founder of MMDELAD

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    strained it refusing to drop a dumbbell on a farmer's walk when it was slipping.
    Then finished my workout, using it.
    Stupid me = stupid

How'd I know you'd find this without me telling you?

Ha I'm the same way. Too stubborn to drop them even when my grip is basically shot...Dunno, I have a knack for keeping up with you. Gotta bounce my ideas off somebody every once in a while
    B.S. Exercise Science

Last edited by MikeWines; 08-19-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Founder of MMDELAD

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know I'm in on this, wishing you nothing but the best with your goals.

You got this my man!

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    You know I'm in on this, wishing you nothing but the best with your goals.

You got this my man!
    Do I know you?

8/19/2013
    Looks like I actually will be able to squeeze in a 3rd Heavy day tomorrow so I went light today to let myself recover better.

WO
    Circuit 1. HIIT
    Walk, jog , Sprint intervals
    Walk time: 7-8 mins
    Jog time: 8-9 mins
    Sprint time: 8 mins

Circuit 2: Farmer's Walks to Medicine Ball tosses and Farmer walk back
    5 sets (10 reps on medicine ball toss)
    Funny that I hurt my arm doing these yet feel 100% fine doing them now but arm still feels a little off when doing some other regular lifts.

Circuit 3: Imitation rope pulls with cable machine/Pushups/Planks
    3 sets to exhuastion on each part of circuit

Exercise 4: SLDL slow at about 40% weight
    Really more of a stretching thing for the hammies than any sort of workout
    Needed to loosen them up after deadlifts yesterday.

Day: Workday
    Nothing too exciting to report.

Eat Highlights:
    1. Ham and Cheese omlette

2. Steak and cheese (did not use a roll because I just make bread in a cake-type pan and slice)

And no, I never use cheezewhiz
    Founder of MMDELAD

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And no, I never use cheezewhiz
    As a lover of cheese, I would definitely "face palm" if you did. Haha.

Are you going to be attaching some numbers to your lifts?

I know in your last log, it was a stretch.
    Have a good one.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post

Are you going to be attaching some numbers to your lifts?
    post 1
    Founder of MMDELAD

post 1
    strongly approve.jpg

8/20/2013

WO: Heavy Push

Exercise 1 Floor Press
    2 ramp sets at 10 and 8
    Working sets
    1x5+
    2x3+ I increased weight over last workouto my previous PR weight which is good but still not close to x5 so dropped back down for final 2 sets
    2x5

Exercise 2: Squats
    2 ramp sets of 5
    1x5 ***WPR Happy to bust this out
    3x4 still at PR Not able to get out 5
    Got distracted and had extra rest time
    1x8 STILL at PR weight! My mind was still wondering and it was like I forgot I was still at PR weight and just kept going after 5 reps. Granted I had extra rest time but still.

Exercise 3: Seated OH
    2 ramp sets of 10
    2x7
    1x5 Working sets at previous high but losing form so dropped back down
    2x10
    Not happy here.

Exercise 4: Skulls
    1x12 ramp up set
    3x10 ***PR. Just a milk increase in weight and I did these ahead of CGBP but happy nonetheless. Need to hold weight here and get form 100%.

Exercise 5: CGBP
    5x10
    Didn't even try to use PR weight doing these 5th in the WO. Tried to make sure I had full extension and drop down.

Overall very pleased with workout but mt bench is really stuck which sucks.

Day: Worked from home (reason why I got in an extra heavy WO). Got out in the sun later in the day to do some stretching on some tennis balls. Rolled around for a good while while reading. Felt really good. Yanks won this afternoon, so happy about that. Tomorrow is my birthday but no plans. Visited family a week or so ago but my parents are away on vacation this week and brother is working this weekend.

Highlight Eats: Mashed Apple, Cottage cheese (homemade), Cream cheese (regular), MGN Cinamon Bun Ice Cream (that's a mouthfull, and so was my mouth)

mmmmm
    Founder of MMDELAD

Happy Birthday big guy! Hope you have a great one, you deserve it.
    B.S. Exercise Science

You make your OWN cottage cheese? I may have to give this a shot, what's your recipe/technique?

Glad to see you enjoying life and soaking up the sun.

You just heat (not to full boil) a gallon (or however much) and then remove from heat and stir in vinegar
    The curds separate from the whey.
    IF you really strain out the whey all the way (pun intended) you can get hard cheese, a little less and get CC, less and add a tbsp or two of yogurt and you can turn it into yogurt (stir in back enough whey to get it less thick)
    For the hard cheese, you can buy rennet to get different flavors of cheese.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Founder of MMDELAD

WO
    Exercise 1: Medium Speed Deads 5 x 10
    Exercise 2: Lat pulldowns palms facing in 4x10
    Exercise 3: Lat pulldowns facing away 4x10
    Exercise 4: Barbell curl 5x12
    Exercise 5: Upright overhand Row 2x5
    Exercise 6: Hammer Curl 3x12

Fitness: 12 minute run
    3 sets Farmer walks

Happy that my forearm didn't seem to bother me for the first ime curling.
    Also my legs felt fantastic all day today after the extensive rolling from yesterday. I typically experience lots of tightness but today they felt so loose,

Day
    Worked. Opened some cards in the mail for the b-day. Talked on the phone with a few people. Gona do some more rolling tonight because my legs felt so good today. Just chillin and watching some TV. Probably work on some of my fantasy football prep.

Eats
    Banana Peel and Onion Crackers (never throw anything away)

http://www.foodrecap.net/recipe/onio...na-peel-crack/
    Founder of MMDELAD

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dig this style of log, and I dig omelets. In-terested!
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    I dig this style of log, and I dig omelets. In-terested!
    repping for following
    nice to have you
    eggs and cheese
    cant b beat!
    Founder of MMDELAD

Really liking those daily reads man, keep em coming!

Also, I'd be interested in getting an idea on your daily warmup.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Can't believe I forgot! apologies for not posting D, haven't gotten a chance to be on the comp a lot today (probably a good thing)...

BUT HAPPY BDAY! I hope it's a good one and that you're enjoying yourself!

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Happy birthday!
    From unappealing to slightly less unappealing - A QUEST!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155671723

Thanks for the Birthday wishes guys!

WO: 100s

Warmup: Jog 100seconds
    Run 100seconds
    jog
    run
    jog

Plank Crunch (the end part of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFDffQjWEss)
    100 reps

Pushups
    100 reps

100second plank

For Exercises grab a weight that you can do 10-12 reps with. Try to get to 100 reps in as little time with as few rest periods as you need
    Exercise 1: Dumb bell bench
    Exercise 2: DB Push Press
    Exercise 3: Skull Crushers
    Exercise 4: Leg xtension
    Exercise 5: Dips
    Exercise 6: Leg Press

Finish:100 airbikes
    100 mountain climbers
    100 burpees

And your body temp is probably 100 at this point (if not more lol)

Didn't feel that great today after not sleeping well last night. O well the weekend isn't too far away, so I plan on doing some catchup.

Highlight Eats
    Chicken Thighs smothered in salsa (i use mild salsa and remove the chicken skins for later )

Chicken Skin Bacon

Cut into bacon-like strips and cook just like you'd cook bacon

Tasty trick
    Founder of MMDELAD

Didn't feel that great today after not sleeping well last night. O well the weekend isn't too far away, so I plan on doing some catchup.

Highlight Eats
    Chicken Thighs smothered in salsa (i use mild salsa and remove the chicken skins for later )

Chicken Skin Bacon

Cut into bacon-like strips and cook just like you'd cook bacon

Tasty trick
    Sounds like we're both fatty poultry lovers. Tehehe. Thanks for the 2 new ideas D.

And that mirin that workout ^^ you must have been TOASTED after that.. heh.
    Have a good one and I hope you're enjoying your day/night.

The Good

Today was a needed rest day.
    Boss let me off work at pm a few hours early because he has been so happy with some of the stuff I have one recently (feelsgodmayne)
    Came home and took a 2 HOUR nap. Feeling so recharged.
    Did some extra stretching and rolling while, reading some of Mike's links.

The bad
    I think I know what may have been contributing to the forearm problem. I noticed the last ew days some numbness in my left forearm/handi that hd increased when I tweaked my left shoulder. I think I may have pinched a nerve somewhat. It subsides somewhat when I stretch out my back or get blood circulating to it, so I think that is it,.
    Nonethelss, nerve problem = not good. May have to lay off some of the OH pressing (perhaps lower weight on squats and deads for awhile).

Food Creation of the day
    Homemade Chocolate Caramle Popcorn

Homemade popcorn, then I have some Muscle Guage chocolate caramel whey. I make a simple syrup with it and drizzle if over the corn and then stick it in the freezer ti harden it. Remove and let get to room temp.

Founder of MMDELAD

Could be a brachial plexus issue which originates in the shoulder and usually causes radiating pain down into the forearm and hand. You could try to sub landmine pressing for OHP and I posted up a shoulder mobility article. Also both of these articles are fantastic in relation to overall shoulder health:
    http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/s...houlder-hurts/
    http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/...lder-function/

Hope they help!
    B.S. Exercise Science

WO
    Exercise 1: Floor Press
    2 ramp sets of 10 and 6
    Went to previous pr weight
    4reps
    4reps
    4 Not happy<--see Erik you aren't the only one stuck on bench.

Exercise 2 HackSquats:
    2 ramp sets of 10 and 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeD_...yer_detailpage

1x5 ***WPR. Hapy but still mad that I wasn't doing well with bench and can't OH right now soo I bumped up weight again.
    1x4****WPR NOT ENUF MORE WEIGHT NEEDED
    3x3*****WPR and another set of 2 reps.
    In honesty I think I could have done more reps if not for current grip strength. Probably will dial it back and do 5x5 at the 1st WPR tomorrow.

Exercise 3: Skull crushers
    4x12 at previous pr weight and better form

Exercise 4: CGBP
    1 ramp set of 10
    3x10 *RPR

Exercise 5: Back to squats
    5x5 at just under old r weight

So mixed feelings. So pumped about my squatting. Squats have seen far better progress than any of my other big lifts. Think I am going to see if a cal bump over the next week will help my bench next weekend.

Day
    Finally got my hairs cut. Called my grandmother to check in on her and thank her for her birthday card. Then called my best friend to talk (mostly sports). Never have mentioned this on the boards because I know some may think its weird but this "friend" is a 60+years old. He is actually my former psychiatrist but became like a grandfather I never really had. Unfortunately he had to move halfway across the country a few months ago because in retirement he wanted to live near his son/grandson. So I don't really get to see him.do stuff with him anymore but try to keep in touch over the phone.

Also kinda sad but when I went to Mass today I saw a family I hadn't seen in a few months. One of their daughters who is a young teen was in a wheel chair with a shaved head (so obviously cancer) and looked in really really poor health. She could hardly keep her head elevated. Really brought things home again. What's really important, why we shouldn;t take life/each day for granted, etc.

On the positive on my way home I saw an old guy out for a run. He must have been 75 to 80 years old and was ABSOLUTELY HAULING you know what. Great to see someone so advanced in age refusing to be confined to their age.
    Last edited by determined4000; 08-24-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD