Thread: Jacked arms

at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jacked arms

My arms are decent size(16.5" at 14%bf) but compared to other guys in the gym they are relativaly small.(mind you most dudes in the gym i go to are on juice) but anyways I really concentrate on doing full Rom and good form when hitting the biceps and triceps, mainly do to the fact that i have pre existing tendonitis in both my elbows. But aside from that Im wondering if i should be also doing a few sets of heavy ass weights or do more of a 5x5 type routine for my arms (within reason to not hurt my elbows of course)

Its been about 1 year since i havent seen any growth.. they are however getting a bit stronger.

just wondering what peoples take is on this. the rest of me is definetly growing so i just dont get whats happening with the arms.

i use to do a chest tricep and back bicep split. but for a while now i dedicate my arms a full day of their own as i find i can just lift more weight.

current routine is usually like this.

3x 8 db curls
    3x 8 bb preacher curls
    3x 8 side db hammer curls

3x 8 skull crushers
    3x 8 pulldowns
    3x 8 pully kickbacks

p.s i still do dips and narrow bb bench press during my chest day. so im still hitting those triceps on that day too.

StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000) StayxCold is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop comparing yourself to guys on juice..
    Squat: 515x1
    Log C&P: 300x1
    Deadlift: 635x1

Strongman Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156297533

at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) at8once has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StayxCold View Post
    Well they arent all on juice... Unles they are and only working out their arms. lol

Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    16.5 inch arms on a 6ft tall guy is pretty decent size mate, ps it could all be in ur head like the reverse anorexia effect when u think ur smaller than u are,

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go to the YMCA, dudes there got puny arms

darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000) darscogre is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by at8once View Post
    My arms are decent size(16.5" at 14%bf) but compared to other guys in the gym they are relativaly small.(mind you most dudes in the gym i go to are on juice) but anyways I really concentrate on doing full Rom and good form when hitting the biceps and triceps, mainly do to the fact that i have pre existing tendonitis in both my elbows. But aside from that Im wondering if i should be also doing a few sets of heavy ass weights or do more of a 5x5 type routine for my arms (within reason to not hurt my elbows of course)

Its been about 1 year since i havent seen any growth.. they are however getting a bit stronger.

just wondering what peoples take is on this. the rest of me is definetly growing so i just dont get whats happening with the arms.

i use to do a chest tricep and back bicep split. but for a while now i dedicate my arms a full day of their own as i find i can just lift more weight.

3x 8 db curls
    3x 8 bb preacher curls

3x 8 skull crushers
    3x 8 pulldowns
    3x 8 pully kickbacks

p.s i still do dips and narrow bb bench press during my chest day. so im still hitting those triceps on that day too.
    16.5 for a natural with low bodyfat is pretty decent. Yeah you could make them bigger by gaining more weight but some of that would be fat, so it depends on your goals. All i can suggest from your triceps workout is pulldowns and kickbacks arent really mass builders. You mentioned you do dips and close grips on your chest day so id really focus on those more than the pulldowns and kickbacks. Also, with biceps make sure you're really feeling the weight and the biceps are doing the work. I didnt start seeing more improvement on my bi's until i dropped the weight pretty significantly and focused on squeezing with the bi's. I gained half inch in a couple months by making that change.

The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The6TwoTitan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by StayxCold View Post
    bump
    Stay Natural, Stay Humble
    !Psalm3!

Casting A Big Shadow Bring_The_Pain's Avatar
    Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bring_The_Pain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by at8once View Post

3x 8 db curls
    3x 8 bb preacher curls

3x 8 skull crushers
    3x 8 pulldowns
    3x 8 pully kickbacks

Have you been doing the same routine for that entire year? Try upping the rep range and ditching some of the isolation movements. Best exercise to pack on mass on the triceps in my opinion is close grip bench press. And I mean close grip no chest involvement, not sure what you call a narrow grip. Also ditch the kick backs useless for gaining mass and overloading the muscle. For biceps ditch the preacher curls for Barbell curls for more overload and place them first exercise you do. Last set once you get to that failure point loosen your form slightly and perform a cheat rep or two to finish the movement off. On a side note 9 sets for each of those muscle groups is way too much. If you cant get the biceps or triceps totally fried from 6 sets then your not putting forth the effort.

scottamoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by darscogre View Post
    16.5 for a natural with low bodyfat is pretty decent. Yeah you could make them bigger by gaining more weight but some of that would be fat, so it depends on your goals. All i can suggest from your triceps workout is pulldowns and kickbacks arent really mass builders. You mentioned you do dips and close grips on your chest day so id really focus on those more than the pulldowns and kickbacks. Also, with biceps make sure you're really feeling the weight and the biceps are doing the work. I didnt start seeing more improvement on my bi's until i dropped the weight pretty significantly and focused on squeezing with the bi's. I gained half inch in a couple months by making that change.

So that makes me think, if I am 5'9" with ~20%bf with 15 1/2" arms I should be on a good track for only being back in the gym for 6 months?

I have also been seeing here that to increase arm size, triceps is where it is at. Isn't triceps 60% and biceps 40%?

Ive been switching it up every 8 weeks or so to keep it interesting. but that routine is a common one i do. I will take all this advice and switch out some of the more isolation exercises for more mass builders and see about it.

as for my narrow grip bb bench. i find my pecks definetly working. i do hands about 8-10 inches apart.

ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50) ungeheur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try training the outer part of the bicep as much as the inside. Also--IMO, kick backs are pretty much garbage. Only thing they've ever done for me is give me a pump. Try supinated grip kickbacks if you insist on doing them. Not as natural a movement, so you'll have to start pretty light and work your way up. Overhead extensions instead of skull crushes for a little variation in the movement. The best of all is weight dips. You say you do them with chest-- but the position of the body should be different if you're trying to hit triceps.( should lean back, not forward)

scottamoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ungeheur View Post
    try training the outer part of the bicep as much as the inside. Also--IMO, kick backs are pretty much garbage. Only thing they've ever done for me is give me a pump. Try supinated grip kickbacks if you insist on doing them. Not as natural a movement, so you'll have to start pretty light and work your way up. Overhead extensions instead of skull crushes for a little variation in the movement. The best of all is weight dips. You say you do them with chest-- but the position of the body should be different if you're trying to hit triceps.( should lean back, not forward)

That is what I have been doing for triceps.

Triceps dips
    Triceps push down with rope
    Overhead triceps extension with rope
    D ring single arm cable push down

Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adramalech is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try switching your bench to have more of powerlifting form.