AriesTheRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Long did it Take you to Progress

Hello all. I finally hit the "Novice" section in every category of this chart attached to the file below.

I completely understand that I am, probably by far, the weakest member on this site. However, this took me a good month and a half following the Strong Lifts 5X5 program. I'm pretty happy about it, I was VERY weak before I started (actually, much weaker than the 'untrained' in all categories).

So my question is... how long did it take you to progress from "Novice" to "Intermediate" following this chart?
    Attached Files

rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000) rawer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    few months

elite deadlift lol

moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1st of all.. don't go by that chart.. if you have to use charts, there's better ones out there based off better national numbers.

2nd- no one gives a **** about the weight you lift. Unless you're going for records or something, it's all individual.

But i started out in the intermediate the first time I ever lifted about 10 years ago. Within about 2 years, I was in the advnaced or elite category of that chart for the 198 class. But like i said.. I'm by no means "elite." So f- that chart for your reference

AriesTheRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by moreweightmate View Post
    1st of all.. don't go by that chart.. if you have to use charts, there's better ones out there based off better national numbers.

2nd- no one gives a **** about the weight you lift. Unless you're going for records or something, it's all individual.

But i started out in the intermediate the first time I ever lifted about 10 years ago. Within about 2 years, I was in the advnaced or elite category of that chart for the 198 class. But like i said.. I'm by no means "elite." So f- that chart for your reference

This isn't what I'm living by... I mean my goal right now is pretty basic. Just to get stronger, get a feel for compound movements... that's pretty much it. So I'm just loosely going by this chart. Honestly I'm just pretty new at this whole thing.

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Untrained to intermediate took about 4 months. Intermediate to elite took about 2 years.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

Registered User SolidFoundation's Avatar
    SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on your goal. how long has it taken you to add 10 pounds to a lift? Its going to continue on that route. Until it starts to dwindle, adding only half the weight you normally add each weak, just plan to progess the same as you always have.

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol, I make elite on all of those except the press. Does the press #'s seem higher in relation to the other lifts, or am I just weak on the press?

Either way, those numbers seem low for 'elite' since I am far from it
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by moreweightmate View Post
    Which charts are better than this? Genuinely inrerested...

WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeedyRainfall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    advanced press, novice deadlift crew checking in lol.

that's what i get for being upper body all the time stupid guy for so long i guess.

moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50) moreweightmate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
    Which charts are better than this? Genuinely inrerested...
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116936421&page=1

^^ post #8- credit to Jason

Edit: also tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nrzytk&s=6
    Last edited by moreweightmate; 08-16-2013 at 07:48 PM.

anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) anonlifter is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    whoa.. you guys must have very good genetics. either that, or i'm doing something wrong. i'm 2 years into lifting and i barely meet requirements for the intermediate stage. the only "advice" i've gotten is to eat more, which i did, but that makes me heavier, and only bumps me up into a higher weight class while i don't see any drastic strength gains.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by anonlifter View Post
    whoa.. you guys must have very good genetics. either that, or i'm doing something wrong. i'm 2 years into lifting and i barely meet requirements for the intermediate stage. the only "advice" i've gotten is to eat more, which i did, but that makes me heavier, and only bumps me up into a higher weight class while i don't see any drastic strength gains.
    very very unlikely that your genetics are holding you back.

much much much more likely technique, form, programming or some combination of the three is holding you back.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Intermediate for all (squat is almost in next category lol), been lifting for about 8-9 months. Not so good, but it's progress at least.

Registered User SolidFoundation's Avatar
    SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolidFoundation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anonlifter View Post
    well nobody said to get fat.

Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vasarnap has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    elite in bench
    10lbs shy from elite in deads
    only been pl'ing for about 2 1/2 months (although working out bodybuilding style for 2 years)
    is this some kind of sick joke?
    but seriously forget the ranks; either lift for your own PR, to place in a meet, or to set a record
    148lb Manlet-certified small pen0r azn Powerlifter
    Squat: 430
    Bench: 310
    Deadlift: 515

azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azidahaka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm well into advanced for all of them, but not quite elite yet. it took me 3 years, starting from untrained!