Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rogue r3 vs sorinex dark horse vs bodysolid gpr378

Hi guys,

I am working in my new gym an I have ironmaster dumbbells and I want to buy a power rack and I am debating between rogue r3 ,sorinex dark horse and bodysolid. I don't want to update soon. Have you ever used them and what do you recommend?.

4) last question: any recommendation about benches. I am keeping an eye ironmaster and rogue. What do you recommend me?.

Thanks in advance. Any help really appreciated.

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I was shopping around for a rack I was pretty much looking at the DH or the R3. Before you make a decision I would consider your available space and how much you want to spend. I for one didnt have much space for a DH so I bought a R3 and I can say I absolutely love it. IMO Rogue equip is top notch. a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Everything I have ordered from them has been real sturdy and doesnt feel like cheap metal.

Also, consider that you have to bolt down the R3 and not the DH.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've heard quite a few people say you have to bolt down the R3. Why is that? I've never bolted down any rack.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    R-3 has a small footprint and is unstable on it's own. You need a 4x4 ft rack to be stable. You can bolt the R-3 to a plywood platform. A bolted rack is more stable than an unbolted 4x4 rack.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I dunno, i've owned 2x2 and 2x3 racks and didn't bolt them down. I was not doing band work so maybe that's why I didn't need it. Plus my max bench & squat are 275 so I probably don't use enough weight to tip a rack lol
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The R-3 needs to be bolted because it has no rear crossmember stabalizing it. Once you put weight on it while unbolted....imagine a giraffe on ice skates.

Bolting it down solves the problem.

I looked into an R-4, but went with the dark horse, and it is pretty amazing. I have owned an elitefts 2x2, and something on par with the body solid, and sold both of them to get the dark horse. I don't have it bolted down, and have it on some horse stall mats, and it does everything I need it to do. I like that I can deadlift inside the rack and use sumo if I want to.

If you have the room for the separate weight storage I think the dark horse is superior to the rogues R3 storage options.

I'd recommend the quick adjust safety spotters or the strap system if you have the funds, as some people don't like the standard pin-pipe safeties, but I use them just fine. My wife can handle them just fine as well. Although she's starting to sprout some respectable chick guns, she's still a weakling.

Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceway is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I dunno, i've owned 2x2 and 2x3 racks and didn't bolt them down. I was not doing band work so maybe that's why I didn't need it. Plus my max bench & squat are 275 so I probably don't use enough weight to tip a rack lol
    +1 skidmarx. I read that if you are not going to do band work you're fine. Anyways I will bolt it.
    I think I am keeping my eye rogue r3. Made in USA, excellent customer service. Recently, I bought a rogue power bar and no complaints.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had both the R3 and the DH.

The R3 is ok. It's light weight and fairly well built. One advantage it has over the DH is the smaller 5/8" holes and its easier to manage the safety pins. The DH has pretty cumbersome 1" safety pins.

The Dark Horse is a far better rack.

As stated above the R3 needs to be bolted as its pretty unstable otherwise. The uprights are only held together with the fat/skinny pull up bar. The band work explanation is BS.

I think the RML6 is a perfect mix of the two and would be the rack I'd buy right now.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 08-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Thanks guys. I'll take a look to DH.

undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10) undrconstruxn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Iceway View Post
    Hi guys,
    4) last question: any recommendation about benches. I am keeping an eye ironmaster and rogue. What do you recommend me?.
    I have an Ironmaster bench and it is great - very adjustable and the seat height is adjustable, plus the attachments are cool if you are space-limited. The only thing I do not like about it is that in the flat position it is very tall (I'm 5'10") and I can't put my feet on the ground comfortably.

Consequently I have two benches - a flat bench, and then the ironmaster for incline and decline.

Thanks guys. I like the DH.